PDA

View Full Version : Removing a fueltank from a Cruisecraft 550

jtpython
03-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Has anyone removed a fuel tank from a Cruisecraft 550 Explorer or Outsider i'm trying to remove mine but the recess where the hoses connect to the tank seem to have no movement to remove ...................
Got me confused on removing these apart from taking a heatgun to supple the hoses up to try and pry off
Any thoughts would be good Thanking you
JT

Roughasguts
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Cut the hoses off, and get new ones they should be replaced anyway.
As you have found they get old and hard then leak.

By the way there probably that hard you will need to use a hack saw blade to cut the hoses, a stanley knife won't cut an old one.

Cheers

jtpython
04-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Thanks mae they are still supple not hard yet but the hose connectors that are connected to the tank are accessible but the ones that are under the fiberglass floor another 3 inches in are the ones i can't get and unreachable

Blackened
04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
G'day

Can you use an open ended spanner to get the hidden hose clamp off?

Will be tedious but may have to be done

Dave

Roughasguts
04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
If you wan't to soften those hoses up get a bucket of bloody hot water and pour that over the hoses, that will soften them up safely for a short while.

jtpython
04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Cheers guys i was able to lift it with the hoses turning on the adaptors making it easy for me to wipe under the tank and look at putting strips to lift it up a little to allow airflow to go under the tank hopefully fixing the problem. It's a 2002 model so it has probley never been cleaned under it>
Thnks JT

FNQCairns
04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Dunno but it might be worth replacing those hoses with quality outboard manufacturer replacements if access to the tank is a problem, just in-case.

cheers fnq

Roughasguts
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Is it S/S tank ? hope you cleaned it with Jiff and a plastic scourer.

Far side
05-09-2008, 05:39 AM
JT change the hoses mate and make sure they are ethanol compatible might as well start now at least you know that part is fuel friendly
and I wouldn't use a heat gun its an ignition source

jtpython
05-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Cheers guys