PDA

View Full Version : Casting deck stool

scottym
03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

Just after some help with regrads to setting up one of those triangular shaped stools (not sure of their propper name) that go on the casting decks for sitting/ leaning on when using an electric motor with the idea being your sitting in a higher position than a normal seat. I can find the triangular shaped stools fine but none of the shops up here in Rocky seem to stock the longer poles to go with them. If anyone has had this same problem or has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Scotty

Gagga08
03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Scotty.

I recently added a stand up stool to mount front casting deck. I got everything I needed online from bias boating. Check out the following site.

http://www.biasboating.com.au/c-120-pedestals-swivels-bases.aspx

They stock a variety of different pedestals, i'm certain one will suit your needs.

Cheers
Gagga

scottym
03-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for that link Gagga, very helpfull. The adjustable pedastool post is probably what I need. Just not sure if 775mm will be long enough. Would you mind telling me what size post you got for your stool?

Cheers

Gagga08
03-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I went with the 600 - 775mm adjustable pedestall Scotty. Its a perfect size for me, im 5'10". I have it sitting about 700mm above the deck of my boat, so I still have about 75mm in reserve in case I have a growth spurt or one of my taller mates are using the front deck.

TonyM
03-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm just over 6' and found the 775mm pole a tad too short

I found a fixed height pole that was about 800 - 850 from memory which was slightly too long and just cut a little off to get the right height.

I got the longer pole from the local quintrex dealer as I allready had the base and seat.

Cheers
Tony

scottym
04-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks Tony

Im 6'2 so I might need the longer one as well. Now I just have to wait to get into a quintrex dealer as there is none in Rocky.

Cheers

Scotty