PDA

View Full Version : Monday Arvo last crack at Wide C

scoota
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
With spring now upon us, those calm winter evenings gone, we will probably refer to morning fishing but still looking for those evening windows.

Andrew and I went out to the usual haunts in ordinary conditions for some offshore action but struggled to find fish of size and the plastics just didn't fire as they have done so all season. I persisted with SP's of all colours but the baits did the job with Tuskies, Pearlies and Snaps to 7kg giving us a quality esky full.

Hoping to hit the shallow water fishing off the cape in the next couple of months and also get amongst some of them cobes I am reading so much about.

Photos of Andrews production line;)

Scoota...

Tassie JR
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
nice work scoota those cobes are starting to get pretty thick cant wait to get onto a few.

cheers Dan

Angla
02-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Quality esky full sounds reel good.

I went out last Friday and with help from Trueblue, had a double hookup on cobes while Mick actually had a double header of cobes on the paternosta. Thats 3 good fish in one hit. Talk about bedlam onboard. Ended with 6 Cobes for the trip and mixed others but no snaps.

Chris

Benno1
03-09-2008, 06:52 AM
excellent!!!...i see the victim in the 2nd pic has a jighead in his mouth...what sp did the damage???...another hard day on the water Scoota...glad you guys pulled up a decent feed :D

Mrs Benno1

Tim_N
03-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I tried again too Scoota and did no good, a couple of small ones and that's it. Maybe time to get ready for the summer species and worry about the Snapper in 6 months time.
I love mackerel season too. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tim

tassie
03-09-2008, 09:14 AM
nice fish bud

SgBFish
03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Well done Scoota.
I’m amazed how quickly things have warmed up. We have struggled for Pearlies on the last few trips but have historically caught some decent ones on Mac Tuna strip baits, they seem to like them.

Were you getting them on the 70M line or further out?

Scott

skipalong
03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
excellent fish great fight at that size

scoota
03-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Tassie JR:- Got a few Cobia hot spots to try soon and looking to add them to my SP catch list. See you out there Dan!!

Angla:- Three at once on the bottom of the boat would have been chaos! Great stuff Chris...

Sorry Mrs Benno, that is just a shining ball sinker attached to Andrews favourite double 7/0 Tru-Turn rig!!

Tim_N:- Hope the Mac season is better than last year and we zzzzzzzzzzip into a few;)

SgBFish:- 70 metres has been producing some good catches of pearlies for us but must have thrown back 20 plus the other arvo all 33-35:-/ . Tried slowing the drop on the SP's and still got nailed by the smaller ones some 20 metres off the bottom.

Scoota...

reel scream
03-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you ended up with a nice bag of fish Scoota.

Thanks again for the invite- maybe next time

Cheers Scott.