PDA

View Full Version : Internal Colour of a Recreational Boat???

ttone
01-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Fisho's,
Just wondering if there a legal requirement to have the inside of the boat painted a certain colour? I would've thought that having a light coloured paint would helpfull in the event of a search and rescue, but is there a rule regarding this? Any comments welcome!!
Cheers Rod

Scott nthQld
01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't hink there is. Given that we're required to carry a v-sheet on board to use if we need resuing, painting the inside of your boat would prove fruitless. But i'd prefer a colour that would be comfortable to look at, like a blue or green, white and yellows give off too much reflection on really bright sunny hot days.

disorderly
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
is there a rule regarding this? Any comments welcome!!
Cheers Rod

Man I hope not....

Bad enough the zonings,reef closures and rules and regs on fish sizes and bag limits....

If it all got so bad as too try and tell us what colour we must paint our boats then I would stop fishing altogether and protest naked outside parliment house.::););D

baitwaster
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Didn't you guys see the new regulations come in?? - All rec. boats MUST be painted flourescent pink inside as of the 1st. July this year. Please post up some pics when you are done Rod. ;)

coucho
01-09-2008, 03:10 PM
No regultions on coulour no, thats why you carry flares. most runabouts you generally find the carpet is fairly dark.

ttone
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Yea Guys I didn't think it was, I've seen plenty of the plastic fantastic's with the dark colour all over.
Rod
Far TOO many rules and regulations these days, ALL made by pen pushers!! :o

tunaticer
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I like a medium grey colour myself, reflects very little and doesnt tend to heat up too much in the middle of the day.

Whites and yellows and very dark colours are dangerous for reflection or absorbtion of heat and suns rays.

Jack.

snorton
01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Try painting it Frattihg Green. This is the colour that make you feel attentive in school, healthy in hospitals and uneasy in police stations. (quoted from the book of liff.) Cheers

pedrodepacus
02-09-2008, 08:22 AM
i dont no of any regulations regarding internal colours of recreational boats but i think there may be for hire boats thats about it , we used to build them where i used to work and they always had to be yellow and the same with the small ses boats

tinman42
02-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't see the sense in painting the inside of a boat a bright color. If it is still upright you have a vee sheet, flares etc for identification in case of emergency. Most boats that get swamped will roll over due to the weight of the motor and, with flotation will float upside down. It would probably make more sense to paint the outside of the hull a bright colour for use in rescue. You would be surprised at how difficult it is to see a dull hull floating only 50mm or so above the surface when searching from sea level, even worse if there is some chop or breaking sloppy waves.