PDA

View Full Version : Hows Borumba Fishing

jm82
01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Hey Guys

Has anybody been fishing Borumba Latley. Looking at going up there in the next week or so . Lookin to catch a Toga or bass

Cheers
Josh

fassbasstd
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Still hard work at present. Early morning is the best time.
September usually sees it start to get better, october gets good and then top notch for the rest of the year.

Sniper
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
We were up there 2 weeks ago for the first of the Bass Minibucks rounds. My team mate and myself didn't find it that tough but in saying that we were the only ones to get our bag on the saturday. Over the entire weekend, there were only 15 bass caught.
Its like most of the southern qld dams at the moment, just have to be in the right place at the right time. The bite window is very small. Also a lot of baitfish schools too. Theres going to be some really fat bass being caught once they demolish alot of the bait.
Give it a go. You got no chance of catching anything sitting at home.
Cheers
Bill

Sniper
02-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Mal, hows Maccas been fishing lately? Still slow?
Saw you at Borumba a few weeks ago. Waved to you but you mustn't have seen me, or did you just ignore me???? lol
Bill

fassbasstd
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry, I did see ya Bill but I was either on another planet or in a different part of the world.

Maccas is still a hard place to fish. Two average fish or one decent one will win this sundays comp. The weed wacker has been up in the far reaches of the dam lately so ther might be some fish there. Its always been good fishing where he has been working.

But then ------------

Sniper
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Mal. i might get up there for the comp this weekend. Haven't fished Macca's for over a year now. Been busy with all the other Tournaments that have been on. If the wind backs off a bit I might even get up there on saturday to have a scout around first.
Might see you sunday.
Cheers
Bill