PDA

View Full Version : Southern Bay M&G 29-30 November

Tangles
30-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi All,

have arranged with Viccie Pt VmR to hold the Southern Bay M&G Caper for 29th Nov-30 Nov. Pretty much the same format as last year, bbq at Viccie PT VMR on the Sunday starting 11am with a fish before starting on the Sat if you want to overnight.

here are the details

Same boundaries as last year and classes except the addition of best bait to accomodate Craigies efforts last year;D

Also Id like to make it more of a fundraiser for the VMR as RtM showed the way, emphasis will be a M&G with a bit of a fish. There will be an entry fee which goes to the VMR. Last year the VMR kindly put on the food, this year I will be arranging it so they dont so the funds can go to the VMR. ( help here appreciated, )

Dates

Sat 29th 1pm to 11 am Nov-Sun 30th ( a bit earlier than last year so as to miss the Dec rush and best for VMR). Also HT on Sunday morning should make it easier at the ramps;D

Tides: Sat HT 10.40 LT 5.20pm HT 10.36pm
Sun LT 4.32 am HT 11.15am

New Moons on Friday 28th Nov

Classes
Adults: ie any legal fish
1: Best fish over 3kg ($50 tackle voucher now as the other $50 goes to VMR)
2: Best fish 1kg to 3kg
3: Best fish 1kg and below ( Bait is included just for craigie)

Kids
1: Best fish (Rod and Reel)
2: Best Whiting or Flattie

There has been a very handy donation of kids prizes thanks to an Ausfisher and local tackle shop. So looks is if all kids will get a little something, so Mum and Dad, bring the kids along for the day to have a fish and enjoy a bbq with the rest of the Ausfish Family.

Ill update this with other prizes as we go but it isn't about that, its about having a good time with fellow Ausfishers and helping the VMR as well.

If you cant make it for a fish, then turn up for the bbq, we will work something out for that, as it will all go to the VMR, its a social pre-xmas M&G

Map:

cbruh1
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Sounds good there Aigutso, count me in.

Just wandering how much your wanting as the donation, I looked at it 3 times and couldn't find anything.

Also would you like funds transfered to an account or paid up on the day.

Thanks

Breambuster33
02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
hey aigusto
count me in aswell.

Tangles
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Sounds good there Aigutso, count me in.

Just wandering how much your wanting as the donation, I looked at it 3 times and couldn't find anything.

Also would you like funds transfered to an account or paid up on the day.

Thanks

Hi mate,

I ll sort payment detailsout as we get closer but thinking similar to the RtoM as that seemed to work pretty well, so assume 10bucks.

cheers
Mike

2DKnBJ
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Be there with bells on Mike.
See if i can better my effort from last year.

Cheers Dazza

Lucky_Phill
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Good work Mike.

All going well, I'll be there and even have a crack at the fishing side of things.

Let me know if ya need a hand....

Cheers Phill

chief
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
You can count me and the boy in, Stuffed up last year and missed it.Won't happen this year.Looking foward to it,Cheers

JRBK
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi there,

At this stage, all going well, Harry_h01 and I will be there. Hopefully we'll get to do an overnighter this time.

Cheers

Mark
JRBK

Ozie_3
13-09-2008, 09:34 AM
save me a spot....
i'm down for that, all weekend

cheers Chris

Searaider 2
13-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Geday Mike ,
Book me in .

Marlin_Mike
14-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Mike sent ya a PM

Mike

TimiBoy
14-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Awwww! I can't go, I'll be in Adelaide! I'll be thinking of you all while I kick back, sucking down champers, watching the Aussies beat the Kiwis, in revenge for last night's debacle.

Cheers,

Tim

Tangles
14-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Many thanks Mike,

the kids will have some nice prizes, im looking forward to the bbq, you lot are lucky as i wont be cooking ;D the better half will be,, and Darryl has kindly arranged for all the bread rolls.

cheers
Mike

finga
12-10-2008, 06:23 PM
If all goes good I should be all dunky-dory by then and the cook and I will be there Mike
Even if it's just for the prawns and chin wag :)

Mark-P
13-10-2008, 06:20 PM
If all goes good I should be all dunky-dory by then and the cook and I will be there Mike
Good to see your active again scott !!

Mark

Marlin_Mike
13-10-2008, 06:24 PM

Welcome back stranger hope all is well now

Mike

Chris Ryan
13-10-2008, 06:26 PM

Hey Scott - welcome back mate.

finga
14-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Goodo fellas,
Surgery was last week and seems at this stage that I'll be up and about lickity split. Well at least a lot sooner then the predicted 6 months :)
Looking forward to wetting a line after 10 months in drydock.
At least the fishing reports don't make me all depressed now and I reckon you fellas have had a big enough head start so I better get back into it.

I might have to give Dazza a call though and wrangle a decky spot with him during this particular little outing.
The lucky bugger won everything last year and, maybe, hopefully some of that luck might rub off and I go home with more then a full stomach.

Mmmm hamburgers and creaming soda :)

Herm
14-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hijack the tread but.........Yeah!!!!! Finga is back!!!

Missed you Scott!

Tangles
17-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Finga,

Welcome back!!!!!!

Mike

Tangles
26-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi All

Bit of an update as we are about a month away from the M&G, firstly the important stuff.. the Sunday BBQ !!!!

Food, thanks to Crestcutter and Moreton we are well taken care off (a big thanks to Daryls wife at the Russell Island Bakery and the Bidvest Food Service Gold Coast). Also if that doesnt fill you up my better half will bake some cakes... pretty good stuff as im still here;D

Fingers crossed for some good fishing weather for those having a crack, for kids there is a nice combo from Marlin Mike and Finga has donated a bunch of his jigheads (of your choosing) to add to the usual kitty.

PERPETUAL TROPHIES
Webby and Craigie, I have it on good word that those need a good royal rub with some brasso!! prior to handing over.

VMR
Funds to be paid on the Sunday at the BBQ, all food and prizes are donated by fellow Ausfishers with all proceeds going to the VMR who help us out. One anonymous Ausfisher rather than whacking up the $100 fishing tackle voucher has asked to split it, $50 tackle prize and $50 to goes to the VMR so we are off to a good start.

List of those attending, please register your interest so the guys on here who have kindly donated food know how many to cater for. I'll keep updating this as we go. So far:

cbruh1
Breambuster33
2DKnB ( mate another overnighter?)
Lucky Phill and Brooke
Chief and Little Chief
JRBK ( harry_h01)
Ozie_3
Searaider2
Marlin Mike (VMR duties?)
Finga
Crestcutter
Moreton
Aigutso, Bec
Webby and Craigie (perpetual trophy holders, well enough said;D )
TOL (brekka girls?)
Pinhead and trophee
thedeckie, Liz and Mitchell
Herm, Great White plus kids
Black Rat ( has rum, needs a ride)

So let us know if your coming, have a fish and follow up with a Ausfish xmas bbq and know it all goes to the VMR

cheers
Mike

PinHead
26-10-2008, 08:45 PM
don't see my name on there..will be doing an overnighter . Boss may not be keen on an overnighter..spare bed at your place for the boss????

Tangles
26-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Yep,
The bosses can camp here

Herm
27-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi Mike

Can you please put us down for 2 adults + 2 kiddies?

Peter is hoping to fish but we will definately be at the BBQ!

Will bring food!

Cheers
Janine

thedeckie
27-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Mike,

Put me, Liz and Mitchell down for this one.

Thanks

Paul

webby
27-10-2008, 06:39 PM
If all goes well, TOL and the Brekka Girls will be onboard, doing something.

2DKnBJ
27-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey Scotty
Welcome back mate.
At this stage i will be doing an overnighter and you are more than welcome to come along for the ride.
With a bit of luck i can do better than a couple of MILF'S and a bully this year.

Cheers Dazza

PinHead
28-10-2008, 09:01 PM
what are the boundaries..I was not there last year???

Black_Rat
28-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Mike,

I'll be there to catch up with a few blokes on Sunday ;D

Would like to be there on Saturday for a overnighter and a fish but sold my boat :(

If there is a spare spot on a boat i'll jump on it ;)

It'll be great to catch up with a few familair faces this year, VMR Viccie point last year put an awsome spread on and am willing to help out where I can Mike. :)

Damo

Lucky_Phill
29-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Boundries are in the attached pic on the First post !!!!!!!

finga
31-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey Scotty
At this stage i will be doing an overnighter and you are more than welcome to come along for the ride.
With a bit of luck i can do better than a couple of MILF'S and a bully this year.

Cheers Dazza
Gees I hope I can handle the big rod by then. ::)
If I can then I might just take you up on that kind offer and knowing you it'll be more then a ride ;)

If it comes about I better go and have a yarn to Webby and TOL to learn some lies to fill in some time through the night. ;D

And better bung the cook on the list too Mike. She had a great snooze after the feed last year and won't pass an opportunity like that again. 8-)

theoldlegend
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
As a former Premier of Queensland used to say Scott;

"Don't you worry about that".

There will be no lies as you know Scott, because both Webby and I are beyond reproach. Impeccable backgrounds, as you know. There are no skeletons in the closet in this job. If Craigie is on board as well, and I hope he is, then you can be assured that all will be well.

Now, where's that bloody number for the Breaka Girls?

TOL

Tangles
01-11-2008, 04:14 PM
TOL,

maybe those brekka girls can polish those perpetual trophies of Webby and Craigie, they need a good rub and polish

mike

PinHead
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
As a former Premier of Queensland used to say Scott;

"Don't you worry about that".

There will be no lies as you know Scott, because both Webby and I are beyond reproach. Impeccable backgrounds, as you know. There are no skeletons in the closet in this job. If Craigie is on board as well, and I hope he is, then you can be assured that all will be well.

TOL

are you fishing overnight with webby???

finga
01-11-2008, 07:13 PM
TOL

1800 where'smyheartpill
or if that's busy
1800 ohmygodohmygod

Tangles
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Well, you lot keep astounding me with such great support for this get together especially for the kids and the VMR.

a very kind Ausfisher has dropped two full tackle boxes around for the kids, it sort of underlines what this M&G is about, a social pre-xmas get together and have a fish with friends and the kids.

We have a few kids noted down but if your bringing yours along and havent noted it, let us know.

Also i will not be allowing any of you bigger kids participate in the lolly pinyarta!!!!

I can smell that bbq now, cant think of a more pleasant way to spend a morning after a fish, a bbq, and a fun day out for the kids, and we raise money for the VMR.

cheers
mike

iceknight
02-11-2008, 05:42 PM
best fish over 3kgs, is that speices? or best weight over 3kgs? if its weight does sharks count? :P

Tangles
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Mate ive amended the front page, any fish , no species,

2DKnBJ
03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey Scott

No need to see Webby and TOL
Pretty sure we can come up with some good truths throughout the night.

Tangles
11-11-2008, 07:16 PM
A big update:

we have had a very kind donation of some more wonderful gifts for the Ausfish kids who come along to our M&G, I could tell you more but that would ruin the surprise, remember its ok to outfish mum and dad, but its even better to enjoy a family bbq with a bunch of ausfish families.

So kids get your dad and mum to bring you along,

its Merry Xmas from very kind ausfishers to you kids, so come along.

cheers
mike

Alex9797
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Mike,

would like to go and bring the little ones along. Is there anywhere we can anchor close by the VMR that is ok for a larger boat? We draw about 1 metre and will use the zodiac to run ashore.
Been awhile so would be good to catch up with fellow afs.

cheers

Alex

Tangles
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi Alex,

High Tide is around 11am Sunday just in time for the bbq,,, a lot of bigger boats anchor in the small bay just NE off Viccie PT VMR boat ramp or off Coochie itself, both are close to the VMR ramp.

With HT at that time, with a zodiac I would say no problems as there is a lot of room to tie off on the concrete front part of the ramp, ( not the end pontoon part of the ramp where people are unloading/offloading boats etc,) a few locals do it. Having a zodiac you will have no problem.

with HT around the bbq time you will be fine for access,

cheers
mike

Pobblebonk
12-11-2008, 10:28 AM
You know, I'm still trying to figure out all the lingo and I've got no idea what VMR means.

I really wish I could have come along to this but I'll be in Melbourne that night weekend. Bugger, maybe next time.

Hope you guys have a great time though!

finga
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
You know, I'm still trying to figure out all the lingo and I've got no idea what VMR means.

I really wish I could have come along to this but I'll be in Melbourne that night weekend. Bugger, maybe next time.

Hope you guys have a great time though!
VMR= Volunteer marine Rescue

Gees that's no good that you and Mr Chicken will be in Melbourne.
It would have been a great chance to meet some of us and a better chance to win some great prizes for future fishing trips.
Sadly this particular happening only happens once a year but there are others to look forward to.

finga
17-11-2008, 02:29 PM
OK then peoples....
Less then 2 weeks to go so people should be better in the know if they're going or not......so please indicate who's going with numbers. :)
Mike needs to know for the catering etc etc.

With the number of prizes for the kids it'll be a good thing to bring as many whipper snappers you can.
The more people (especially the kiddly winks) can only make for a better day for all with a good chance of winning something.

I'll start with the cook and I :D

PinHead
17-11-2008, 03:43 PM
the boat owner and myself will eb there sometime on Saturday

Lucky_Phill
17-11-2008, 04:26 PM
myself and daughter ( 10 y/o ) Brooke will be there for a fish on Saturday and on Sunday will be along for the prize allocation :-/ and BBQ.

Looking forward to it.

Hope there many more kids turning up for this great event.

Phill

Crestcutter
17-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Myself ,wifey and two billy lids.

Darryl.

Ozie_3
17-11-2008, 08:09 PM
im there, either with a mate on on my pat....

cheers Chris

2 weis
17-11-2008, 08:12 PM
2 weis and boss will come for a look and bbq
:D

cbruh1
17-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I am still in, will be myself on the tinny, hopefully it wont rain to much cause I am intending staying out overnight, but we shall see how the weather turns out.

Look forward to catching up and meeting some new people.

2DKnBJ
19-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Dazza is definatly in with Black Rat (Damo) on board for an overnighter.
Wife and 2 billy lids will be there for the Sunday session.

Cheers Dazza

Searaider 2
19-11-2008, 11:33 PM
I'll be there most likely on myown .
Doing an overnighter in the boat .

Horse
21-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I'll be there most likely on myown .
Doing an overnighter in the boat .

Got your GPS working yet Pete? ;D

Searaider 2
22-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Geday Horse / Neil ,
Yeah the GPS is back up & running .
Had to send it back to Raymarine to get fixed .
Hope you got yours going :uhoh:

If mine plays up again its getting the treatment .:smash:

Gatch ya at the M & G

Horse
22-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Pete. Its still on the blink:P :-/ >:( . I am just using a handheld.

We don't need it for down there. Everybody just follows Webby and fishes his spots;D He likes the company;) ;D ::)

moreton
23-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I am gald to see the numbers increasing for this event.
In my opinion this yearly event is for VMR Vicky Pt to get together with our friends from Ausfish. We really appreciate your mate ship and look forward to this event each year.
All we can wish for is tight lines for the competitors.
Cheers Ian (moreton)

PinHead
24-11-2008, 05:31 AM
At the moment Ian, just looking for some decent weather to get out there.

webby
24-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Hopefully will be their sunday, will be up off wide bay friday, so might have to hand one of species in ?????

Horse
24-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I can see it now..... Webby trying to weigh in a 12kg red "caught" from the Peel Houseboat::) ;D

PinHead
24-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Hopefully will be their sunday, will be up off wide bay friday, so might have to hand one of species in ?????

haha...I just want a legal snapper..from wide bay or peel..i don't care which one.

Lucky_Phill
24-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd be happy to hear you're still on the Champex, Greg. Maybe Brian can join the ranks.... ???

Wind looks to be up on Saturday with Sunday arvo looking great.

Phill

PinHead
24-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah Phill...doing well on the Champix..day 6 now gone and still holding in there..rather proud of myself so far.

More concerned about the weather on Friday for Wide Bay at this stage.

webby
24-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Dont no about Champix, a good dose of Arsenic maybe the only cure,
If he's still going by sunday, bring some earmuffs, as it'll be another reformed smoker, preaching just like those reformed bait fishos now using rubbers. ????

Horse
25-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Dont no about Champix, a good dose of Arsenic maybe the only cure,
If he's still going by sunday, bring some earmuffs, as it'll be another reformed smoker, preaching just like those reformed bait fishos now using rubbers. ????

Webby, didn't anyone tell you when using rubbers "if its not on, then its not on";D

Black_Rat
25-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Dazza is definatly in with Black Rat (Damo) on board for an overnighter.
Wife and 2 billy lids will be there for the Sunday session.

Cheers Dazza

Bugga >:(

Could be an interesting trip ;D :( :-/ ;D ;D ;D

Damo

Tangles
25-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Sunday for the bbq is looking good, also Greg I believe time is almost up,, i owe you a cartoon of gold

Searaider 2
25-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Change of plans .
Due to heading up to Bundy for a few days for work , I most likely wont get back to Bris till late Sat night .:P
I'll try & get down on Sunday & catch upat the weighin & barby .

Tangles
26-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Have done a rough count of likely attendees, I reckon around 35 or so,, looks like we have the weather on Sunday for the bbq,,, if you cant fish make the bbq, it will be a great day to meet other Ausfishers and support the VMR Viccie PT.

The details are on the front page, bbq starts at 11am Victoria Pt VMR, you cant miss us

See you there,

mike

oldboot
27-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I probly wont be fishing but will be there for the barby.....if i'm not to late registering my intention.
cheers

Rufus
27-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey Aigutso, Count me in. Looking forward to meeting fellow Ausfishers.

regards, Mark

Chong
27-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi All,
hope you have a great weekend, Chong and the Chongetts can't make it down this time.:( . Keep up the good work Mike and can some one give some s%$t to Webby for me please, red something or do you have a new call sign now, maybe...mmmm what do you get when you cross mobile phones and a reef::)

any way hope you all have a safe and fun time8-)
Cheers,
Chong

thedeckie
27-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Wouldn't be the first time!!!! ;D ::) ;D

craigie
28-11-2008, 02:42 PM
No doubt it will be a top event again this year !

Unfortunately a clash with a work function will force me to miss out, bugga I was looking forward to catching up with all the crew.

Trophy will be brassoed this evening and I'll run it down to Viccy Point VMR sometime Saturday ? Unless someone is passing through Wynnum and can pick it up from my place ? My home phone is 38901108.

Hope the weather is kind and all can get out for a fish.
So what time do the Breaka Girls arrive ??????????

Good to see the old team (TOL & Webby) back together again, better land some of those Mackerel this year !
If not, just weigh in the bait !! plenty of pillies and a Squid took the prizes last year !!!

Cheers
Craigie.

finga
28-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Trophy will be brassoed this evening and I'll run it down to Viccy Point VMR sometime Saturday ?
Cheers
Craigie.
Just keep rubba rubba dubbing Craigie and I hope you've let Webby in on the secrets in the art of polishing.

I won't even start on the Brraka girls.
See I can't even type right ::)

sid_fishes
28-11-2008, 05:45 PM
guys i,m out have to work at lee kernaghans place saturday at the cove on sat then russell ingalls maritimo on sunday. good luck to all and may the kids have a great day
cheers ian

PinHead
28-11-2008, 07:45 PM
come on now guys and girls...this is an event not to be missed...I even had to postpone an audience with The Pope so I could attend on Sunday.

Crestcutter
28-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Is anyone fishing tomorrow in the slop? I will be out around the Bay Islands and the old sunken barge for a fish.

2DKnBJ
29-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Is anyone fishing tomorrow in the slop? I will be out around the Bay Islands and the old sunken barge for a fish.

Darryl
I will be putting in this arvo.Not sure where i will be fishing but will give you a call.

Dazza

Crestcutter
29-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Yeah do that Dazza i can arrange a feed over here for you if ya like so give me a ring mate.

Lucky_Phill
29-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I hope to be having a hit on Sunday morning.

Weather still looks dodgey for Skanky Hoe on Saturday.. Brooke is keen to dong a PB Bream.

See ya's there.

Phill

cbruh1
29-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I am looking to head out this afternoon, the weather looks like it might drop off from round 5ish so i am crossing my fingers for that. Looking forward to catching up with you guys, I will be dropping lines around Macleay. Cya out there.

finga
29-11-2008, 10:21 AM
As a side note....
For those with boats it might worthwhile to park the car/trailer as close as possible to the VMR house when you go out and get someone to stand in the parking spot when your retrieving the boat just so you'll be close to the festivities and be able keep a closer eye on your gear.

BRING ON THE LIES :)

Ozie_3
29-11-2008, 10:51 AM
just had a look at the water.... nearly high tide and the surf's up at redland bay :(
going up the point for a look after lunch but will probably make it an early tomorrow....
might have a few casts off the shore today...as practice :)

ps.... at the moment i have a spare seat for tomorrow....4 to 10ish...just pm me if interested... mate was coming but now has thumbprints on his head ;)

c yas tomorra
cheers chris

TheRealAndy
29-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I would love to make it but alas, I am running a yacht race tomorrow. I am buggered whenever there is a high tide around 12, as that is when we race.

PinHead
30-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Many thanks to Mike for once agai norganising this event. Thanks also to VMR Victoria Point for organising and preparing the food..very nice indeed.
Not many fished..I think most were put off by the storm forecast but not too much water to bail was there Callum?
Sunday was a glorious day in the park at the VMR..some pics to follow.
I have not posted any pics of the kids...I will need permission from Lucky-Phill, deckie, herm/great white and 2dknb before I would post any pics of their kids.
As for the adults...no such luck..you are on them.

Mike also organised a pinata for the kids..took them a while to bust it open but they finally managed.
All the kids in attendance received a rod/reel combo which were all kindly donated...I am just not sure who by.
Was a great day ..another successful M&G.

Lucky_Phill
30-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Greg, I have no issues with posting the pics of Brooke. In fact, can you email them to me, as my camera batteries died and I got no dryland pics. :'( :-/

Cheers Mike, for doing this event again. It is really turning into a great social M & G at the right time of the year. The fishing side of things went OK for " Team Skanky " with 5 fish being boated and 3 returned to fight another day. Fish species were Whiptail, Tarwhine and Squire and the old fav... chook gut did the trick. ;)

Brooke was pleased on a couple of fronts, firstly out fishing me again :-/
Secondly the prize for her Whiptail. She really appreciated the Rod and Reel combo and the tackle box full of goodies. :)

I would like to thank the Sponsors for the prizes, the VMR for the food / bbq and venue, Mike for the " Organisation " and those that turned up. It is really good to catch up to a few familar faces I don't get to see to often.

Sorry about not bringing the " Apron " Janine :-X ;) ;D

Well done to Darren and Damo for putting in the hardyards with an overnighter, as well as Callum. That storm Saturday arvo must have looked ominous bearing down over the bay :o

Below is some pics.

Brooke fishing and holding captures and Tjara ( other daughter ) doing her Rexy impression and somehow.... thedeckies young fella ( Mitchell ) running away with the prize winning Whiptail ;D

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/SBMG-brooke1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/SBMG-brooke2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/SBMG-brooke3.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/SBMG-brooke4.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/SBMG-brooke5.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/SB-MG-TJ.jpg

Cheers Phill

finga
30-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Yep, have to say great outing again.
Ta to Mike and the boys and girls at VMR. They out did themselves again. :)
The tucka must must have been top shelf because the cook just had to have another snooze under the tree this year.

It was good to catch up with the old regulars again and getting to meet some new.

Who's going to put up the post on who won what??
About the only one I heard was that Lucky Phil won the biggest liar award....or was that best story teller....anyways which-ever it was you probably deserve it Phil :D

Crestcutter
30-11-2008, 07:18 PM
My cook was sick so i had to give it a miss. I dropped bread rolls hot doggy rolls bread and ginger bread things for the rugrats at around 10 oclock but didn't see anyone there.

Cheers to the friendly blokes at VMR for making me feel welcome , and the lady member who chased me down the ramp to return my gear.

thedeckie
30-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Many thanks to Mike for once agai norganising this event. Thanks also to VMR Victoria Point for organising and preparing the food..very nice indeed.
Not many fished..I think most were put off by the storm forecast but not too much water to bail was there Callum?
Sunday was a glorious day in the park at the VMR..some pics to follow.
I have not posted any pics of the kids...I will need permission from Lucky-Phill, deckie, herm/great white and 2dknb before I would post any pics of their kids.
As for the adults...no such luck..you are on them.

Mike also organised a pinata for the kids..took them a while to bust it open but they finally managed.
All the kids in attendance received a rod/reel combo which were all kindly donated...I am just not sure who by.
Was a great day ..another successful M&G.

You have our permission Greg, Mitchell thinks it's cool to have his pic on Ausfish.

Cheers

Paul

moreton
30-11-2008, 07:54 PM
What a great day. Thank you to every one involved especially Aigusto (Mike) and Lucky Phil for making it all happen, great time, great people.
VMR Victoria Point will be more than happy to do it all again, thank you Ausfish for involving us this year.
Cheers Ian.

Black_Rat
30-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Darren and I arrived at the Viccie Point ramp around 4:30pm just after the storm went through so we missed it. Conditions were unbelievable after the storm, flat ! and stayed that way all night ;D Conditions were better through the night than today as the Piccies show.

We fished the nothern end of Peel for a heap of undersize squire, a few sting rays, a turtle and a keeper Mosses Perch. Fished untill midnight before heading around to the eastern side to get some shut eye. Woke up around 5ish and after a quick cuppa tried Rainbow Channel for no luck so back the peel and then Couchie still no luck :( Dropped 5 pots of on the way out yesterday and check them this morning couldn't catch any keeper crabs either.
Thanks for the ride Dazza and good to catch up with a few regulars and meet a few new ones as well. Cheers to Mike for running the show.

Damo.

PS: the trophy reel has gone straight to the pool room ;D

Tangles
30-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Like to thank all who attended the M&G and made it a great day,

a great time by all, and many thanks too

: the VMR boys and girls for doing the bbq
: Moreton for donating the food
: Crestcutter for donating the bread... mate hope the cook gets better and sorry i missed you before you had to head off
: Marlin Mike for his donation of a great combo which went to Brooke
: BCF for their great donation of a bunch of rods and reels for the kids, all the kids went home with a great rod and reel combo, most important a smile
: Fishead for their great donation of some tackle vouchers, fellas spend it wisely?
: Some Ausfishers who will remain nameless for kindly donating tackle boxes and arranging other prizes
: Finga for another original Trophy

Thanks to all the Ausfishers who came and raised some funds for the VMR, I know they really appreciated it, the kids had a great time and went home with a smile, and I put some faces to names.. great day.

Prizes rundown? well

Lucky Phil for the 'biggest story"::) well done on the new wooden brag matt, just dont try to use it at next years RtM?

Black Rat: took out best fish but we will forget what it was, remember Damo next year the Alvey Trophy comes back nicely polished ( thanks Webby for looking after it for a year and giving it a good rub)

chrub1 ( Callum) with crabs, a worthy winner of the perpetual Yabbie Pump trophey ( thanks Craigie for looking after it for the year and polished nicely) last year squid, this year crabs... next year?? Remember Callum, it comes back next year with a polish.

Brooke: took home a rod and reel and a tackle box full of goodies, outfished Lucky Phil, enough said and had the Pinyarta sussed.

2DKnB (Dazza's) son also took home a tackle box full of goodies, he was fishing off the rock wall while we where talking,,

Many thanks to Moreton and Lucky Phil
A big thumbs up to 2DKnB, Black Rat and chrub1 for doing overnighters,

cheers
Mike

PinHead
30-11-2008, 10:00 PM
a couple of the kids in action and with prizes...

cbruh1
01-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Well what a great weekend. Big thanks to Mike, Vic Pt VMR, food and prize donators and all Ausfishers that made there way there.

This was my first fishing trip since the ekka holidays when I went up to Noosa, So I was very keen to get out and have a bit of fun, rain hail or shine I was going to be there, Actually it did rain, hail and shine. I left Vic Pt around 11 on sat morning, with only 4 cars with boat trailers in the car park launching the boat and finding a park was a breeze.

Fishing side of thing I got a catfish, and a whiting. But what saved me in the end was the crab pots, putting the pots down the side of Macleay, scored 6 keeper sandies, with 20 undersized, and 2 female muddies that swam away.

Weather side. Well I am sure you all copped the short lived storm on sat arvo. It sure was fun on the south eastern corner of Macleay Island. It was a wall of white. The rain was thick and hard, the wind blew the bimini half off, the strikes of lightning were bright and explosive and the thunder was quite loud, and my knees and hands swear there was hail aswell. ;D ;D ;D All good fun as straight after the storm the weather and conditions were perfect.

So as new owner of a shiny brass yabby pump, I will do my best to keep her looking good and shiny for next yrs winner, last yrs winner was a squid, I won it with crabs, I wander what next yrs winner will be!!!!

Herm
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Thank you to the VMR, Mike and everyone else involved!

The Girls still have grins from ear to ear and are so excited about their new fishing combos!;D (Thank you to the mystery donator!) and they have lined up Cos to give them some fishing lessons at Golden Beach over the school holidays!

The food was great and so was the company!:)

When is the next one!?????

Cheers
Janine

PS Pinhead - Any photos with our Girlies are fine to post!

dogsbody
01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes it was a good day although i didn't fish. Put a few more names to faces.

How funny was the pinata bashing,,,,some of those kids gave it hell.

Thanks to all who organized the day. Hope the VMR got some well needed funds.

Dave

2DKnBJ
01-12-2008, 07:38 PM
It's a JEEP thing you wouldn't understand!!!::) :'(
NEITHER DO I.

With a few setbacks on the way to the ramp Damo and myself were greeted by glorious conditions after the storm.As Damo has said we basicly tried everywhere and various methods of trying to catch some fish but the big ones didn't want to play ball.

A big thanks to Mike for organising another top M&G and to everyone that donated food and prizes.Without these people events like this would not be as good as they are.
A special thanks to the crew at VMR Vicky Point for allowing us to use their facilities.

Good to catch up with a few of the regulars and put a few more names to faces.

Greg.
You are more than welcome to use any pics with Blake and Jordan.

As a side note if anyone is in need of a deckie get in touch with Damo(Black Rat)
he is a great bloke and a pleasure to spend time on the water with.

Cheers Dazza

PinHead
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
haha at the Jeep thing..it just hates going to M&G's.

some more pics.

Black_Rat
01-12-2008, 08:07 PM
;D The measuring paddle is a classic ! Who got that buy the way? :-X ;D :P
Thanks to Finga for a "Real" lie detector ;) i'll save it for the next boat ;D

skippa
01-12-2008, 08:57 PM
It's a JEEP thing you wouldn't understand!!!::) :'(
NEITHER DO I.

Hmmm I seem to recall I have a pic of a JEEP bogged up at Inskip ... would that be a Jeep thing too??

Sounds like everyone had a good time, just a pity I couldn't make it, especially as it was local too ... bugga, would of been good to catchup

Good chrissy to all.

Tangles
02-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Thanks to Finga for a "Real" lie detector ;) i'll save it for the next boat ;D

Damo,, Lucky Phil:D

mike

finga
02-12-2008, 06:47 AM

Damo,, Lucky Phil:D

mike
And he deserves it. Lier, lier pants on fire http://www.smileyhut.com/yes_no/yes.gif

Who got the Green Alvey?? http://www.smileyhut.com/confused/confused1.gif

PinHead
03-12-2008, 05:20 AM
And he deserves it. Lier, lier pants on fire http://www.smileyhut.com/yes_no/yes.gif

Who got the Green Alvey?? http://www.smileyhut.com/confused/confused1.gif

I think the offer of that donation was withdrawn.

finga
03-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Thank you to the VMR, Mike and everyone else involved!

The Girls still have grins from ear to ear and are so excited about their new fishing combos!;D (Thank you to the mystery donator!) and they have lined up Cos to give them some fishing lessons at Golden Beach over the school holidays!

The food was great and so was the company!:)

When is the next one!?????

Cheers
Janine

When-ever you want Janine......
.......can we have gingerbread reindeers please http://www.smileyhut.com/excited/dribble.gif

Thanks for all the pictures of the kiddely winks.
The looks on their faces was priceless when they're bashing the green stuff out of the donkey-on-a-rope and when they're given their rod/reel.
Actually Paul's young fella scares me a bit. I'm never going to upset him....he's downright scarey with a stick in his mitts.
Heaven help us if he ever gets his mitts on Webby's Wonder Whacker.

And Phil look out for Brooke...she knows what to aim for. She gave that donkey one hell of a swipe to the voice box that it'll never forget. :'(

And I missed saying gidday to Oldboot :(....where were ya??
At the next do you'll have to speak up matey.
I'm easy to find.... Just look for the fat fella with no hair ;D

chief
07-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I must admit i only went for the social aspect on the sunday and didn't fish but it was great day with some top folks, I tell you if any of you out there have kids you should deffinantly get to next years. The pinata bashing as dogsbody said was the funniest thing to watch.Well done to you fellas for a top bar bie and I hope the VMR made a few bucks.Cheers