PDA

View Full Version : Cape moreton pearlies and snaps

Tassie JR
30-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I am posting a report on behalf of my dad and my bro chris they headed out Friday morning, departed spinaker sound at 5 a.m headed straight out to wide caloundra and they got a few pearlies before heading back down south to a pearly spot where they filled there bag of pearlies. By this time it was about 3.00 in the afternoon so they made the call to hit brennons for the arvy session and a few snaps. They anchored up there and started to really berley hard, after about 10 mins of berleying up they was onto there first snapper, after that they got a double hook up on snaps, had cobia swimming around the boat eating the berley but the couldnt do a trick to hook them. they got a couple more nice snaps before making the call to head back in. All day they lost two big fish one spooling the 6500 baitrunner and the other one they lost due to bad luck.
All in all they had a great day out the only thing missing was me:P.

cheers tassie JR

littlemac
30-08-2008, 11:07 AM
some really nice snaps and pearlies thier

well done guys

cheers

brett

TimiBoy
30-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Sweet trade out there Friday, huh?

I'm jealous!

Cheers,

Tim

lido76
30-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Some nice fish there boys things look different to thurs could hardly raise a scale at 12 mile on thurs. Watch your BL on the pearlies. Good effort. What where the conditions like.

Tassie JR
30-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Excellent weather all day, they only caught there bag of 10 pearlies but the other boat that went with them never got any snapper so when they got home they swapped a snapper for a couple of there pearlies......it's not worth the risk to be caught with extras with the fines and laws of today........8-)

seapup
30-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Good feed amongst that lot!

Frank OO
30-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Tassie,

Maybe you should continue to go out with Dad.. He catches fish I didn't get a thing on Friday.. I think the secret is the evening bite at the moment.

Well done boys.

Frank OO

Fishing_Freddy
30-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Some nice nobbies in there, looks like you will be eating well for the next couple of days. Well done, maybe next time they will take you.
Ken :beer:

skipalong
30-08-2008, 06:29 PM
nice snapps amoungst them mate well done

dhess
30-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Tassie,

Maybe you should continue to go out with Dad.. He catches fish I didn't get a thing on Friday.. I think the secret is the evening bite at the moment.

Well done boys.

Frank OO

We had a hot but short lived dawn bite at shallow tempest on friday morning. Pretty quiet quiet for the rest of the day at both deep and shallow.

lizard bribie
31-08-2008, 06:56 AM
:) great report tassie jnr the evening bite is pretty good at the moment cheers lizard bribie;)

SgBFish
31-08-2008, 10:50 AM
What a cracking day it was out there.
Whales and boats everywhere at Wide Cal and a couple of those pink pests thrown in.
I'm finding even departing at 4am its hard to beat the sun up.
Scott

reel scream
31-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Pass on my well done to dad Dan. Wonder which southern pearl spot he got them?? Good to hear Brennans has some fish hanging. Thanks.

Cheers Scott

Tassie JR
31-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey Frank i think he just got lucky this time:) We are planning on heading back out sat arvy and they some nice pics of the whales you took shame the fish didnt play the game for yous this time but there always next trip.

Hey Scott i wonder what pearly spot he used::), those fish came from all most the same spot at brennons as where we fished at the m@g when you got on to the snaps, when you heading out again??

thanks for your comments everyone else.

cheers Dan

reel scream
31-08-2008, 06:53 PM
New moon is great there. Last 1/4 Brennans interesting. Have a couple of guys up from Adelaide for 4 days in 2 weeks so ( weather permitting) its 4 in a row on the water for me round the full. Will give your dad a call next week.

Cheers Scott

BARRAkid
31-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Nice fish mate "clap" ;D

cheers BK

p.s does the fella in the tapout shirt fight ? ::)

Fishbait
31-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Nice going Tassie - beautiful fish mate. Cheers, Darren.

Tassie JR
31-08-2008, 09:40 PM
New moon is great there. Last 1/4 Brennans interesting. Have a couple of guys up from Adelaide for 4 days in 2 weeks so ( weather permitting) its 4 in a row on the water for me round the full. Will give your dad a call next week.

Cheers Scott

Hey Scott they got all the snaps in a time frame of around 1/2 hour about 1/2 hour before dark when dark hit the fish shut back down so they came home. we will be coming up on our 4th trip in a row around the full as well, fingers crossed XXXX on some good fish. tlk soon

cheers Dan

Tassie JR
31-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey BK ahh no mate not professinally anyway lol;).

Hey darren dad said g'day, good to see you got a few the other day with scott.

cheers Dan

Fishbait
01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks Dan - tell your Dad Hi as well and I'm keen again for another trip mate - he has my number - just PM me if you want it again. Always keen for a fish mate. Those Cobes of scotts and mine the other day were big pulling bruts - put my gear to the test anyway. I dropped my light bream gear down (which I changed the spool to 30pld day before) and dropped it down for a good snapper - not a 17kg Cobia. Anyway, shock of the afternoon latching on those big fellas. I still landed it though beside the boat but hook gave way just before we gaffed it. The fight was awesome anyway. Still, we got another 2 each before w emoved on anyway. (Thanks again Scott for a great day) Cheers Tassie, Darren.

ooglie74
02-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Nice fish tassie good quality mate.

Cheers Troy

scoota
02-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Sounds like Tassie Snr has his finger on the pulse with a great catch there!!

Just got to get that weekend weather right for you now hey Dan :thumbsup:

Scoota...

Tassie JR
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah scoota hopefully next weekend this weekend aint lookin to flash hot ill let u know when were headin out again. Its a shame i cant go on weekdays but work comes first unfortuantly, so i will have to stick to the weekends.

cheers Dan

reel scream
07-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Its a shame i cant go on weekdays but work comes first unfortuantly, so i will have to stick to the weekends.

cheers Dan

Just make suggestions to the boss Dan. Col is always keen;)

Cheers Scott

Tassie JR
09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Just make suggestions to the boss Dan. Col is always keen;)

Cheers Scott

Yeah scott i cant even pretend im sick knowing my luck ill run into him or one of the boys at the ramp or on the water somewhere::), think the only way he would let me go is if he comes to;), now theres an idea:idea:. When are you heading out the weekend aint looking to bad.

cheers Dan