PDA

View Full Version : Late report Cape Moreton

Fish_gutz
30-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Headed out around the cape nice and early Tuesday morning(26th) into a stronger than expected South Easter , fished deep tempest for the big knobby and around Roberts for the AJ and smaller Snapp. Big knobby fell to a three gang with a yellow atomic plastic on each hook! ( I don`t tell my mate that he`s doing it wrong anymore as he keeps breaking all the rules and still gets the fish!) The smaller snapp fell later in the day to a floating pillie and the AJ hit a five inch lime tiger on a storm jig head on a rod that was just sitting in the holder! AJ went 16.4 kilo and the big knobby went 6.2kilo Cheers Andrew

outsiderskip
30-08-2008, 05:46 AM
hi andrew
some nice steak there
a good feed

pete

Benno1
30-08-2008, 07:27 AM
good on you boys for getting out amongst it anyways...paid off...nice ride in the background... :D

Mrs Benno1

TimiBoy
30-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Hmmmm, Tuesday. I KNEW IT!!!

Anyone get out Thursday? Typical I picked the worst day...

Good luck to you, gotta love it!

Cheers,

Tim

lido76
30-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Good fish lads, Three gangs with placcies on each hook can't say i've tried it but hey if it works keep doing it. Timmie I went out thurs to cal 12 mile managed 1 snapp about 4-5kg and 5 other reefies nothing to brag about conditions were epic until about 7:30 when the sea picked up from nothing to about 1.5 out of nowhere,few rain patches and very little happening on bottom. Still better than being at work.

Frank OO
30-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice work Andrew.

Did you go out in your new boat??

Frank OO

Fishing_Freddy
30-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Good to see a couple of nice fish for your efforts, well done.
Ken :beer:

Fish_gutz
30-08-2008, 05:22 PM
cheers Fella`s
Benno1 it is a nice ride , it`s my mate camerons born again haines V19 given a hard top and plenty of other mods with a 150 yammy four stroke and on the way home we sat on 81 km an hour !
Frankoo , No not my boat frank not this time , still waiting to get an epirb then i`m right for the cape trips so just inside the bay for me at the moment, hope you`ve been getting a few and will catch up soon. Cheers Andrew

skipalong
30-08-2008, 06:30 PM
top table fish mate

death_ship
30-08-2008, 06:50 PM
nice one guys, jenkos old 19r has come up nicely

jarhead
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
A few nice fish there Muz, well done.

Cheers Wal

Fishbait
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Beautiful fish fellas! Well Done.

reel scream
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Nice fish. Yeah dont tell cameron he's doing it wrong, might have to try it myself Was the gang plastic on the pick or the drift?

Hard top on the Hains....... any chance of pm ing me some photo's or a contact to speak to cameron about it, as one day (missus permitting) i would like a hard on my Yalta.

Cheers Scott

SgBFish
08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Andrew.

I thought that boat looked familiar, then I realised I pass it everyday from the train station. It looks fantastic from the road, a real weapon.

Ps. I was going to drop in and tell him the rego numbers were too small then they were fixed. There goes my excuse for checking it out.
Scott

Fish_gutz
09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Scott,(reel Scream) yeah it was on the drift and the plastics weren`t even threaded on with any normality just like a bit of flesh bait and left to dangle, I should have took a picture! i`ll PM you his number so you can have a yarn about the hard top , he`s pretty handy with all that sort of stuff, he built he`s own pod also !
Thats the one SGBFish down boondall way, just drop in and have a sticky if you see him out the front he won`t mind . It`s currently getting a new pod fitted as the old one was a fraction long and sat the arse down in the water a bit so he`s doing a new one up! Cheers Andrew