PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Bag Wide Of Noosa.

seapup
28-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Crossed the bar at day break and headed to a wreck to start the day with some Cobes with Pete, Greenhorn Az and Mike onboard the Gold Machine. Big show with not a lot of action, but we managed 2 Cobes and the Greenhorn dropped another 2 due to badly tied knots! ::)
We moved on looking for more fish.
Dropped some knife jigs on an AJ spot but had no hits so we kept looking for reefies. :'(
I was zig zagging between my marks looking for new ground and found a nice show so circled back around and did a drift and Mike pulled a Squire so we threw the pick over and started burleying. Maori Cod started coming aboard along with plenty of undersized Reds. Then we pulled some Snapper to 5kgs, Pearlys, Parrot and some nice Spangled Emperors. :D The biggest Spangled went 7kgs and was caught on the Satay Chicken 7" Berkley Gulp by Pete. :) Then the action stopped so we moved on looking and found good shows but could only manage a Parrot or 2.
The fishing was a bit slow but we still managed a feed. We were using bait and 7" Berkley Gulps with the Plastics catching the quality fish once again.
We went back to the wreck on the way home to get a sunset bite but it was dead so I made the call to head home. By now the nor easter was picking up and it was dark so I turned on the lights to dodge the Whales and the boys cracked a Bourbon for the run home! ;D

seapup
28-08-2008, 11:17 AM
A few more shots.

Pistol_P
28-08-2008, 11:27 AM
:grin: The greenhorn Azza.....I think him and Nick will be fighting over that title for quite some time....:grin:

The Gold machine has certainly seen a wide variety of fish mate!
Another ripper day out there.8-)

Catch up with you later and give you some of that emperor.

Pete

Pete62
28-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Happy days................ mate good job, looks like a great feed and an awesome day, boys would be stoked.
Been blowing a southerly and up to 3mtrs of swell for a week down here. Cheers, Pete.

Frank OO
28-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Nice work Benny,

Its good to see you are getting a few. Things are pretty quiet near the Cape.

Frank OO

seapup
28-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Nice work Benny,

Its good to see you are getting a few. Things are pretty quiet near the Cape.

Frank OO

Thanks Frank. Have you had much luck with the AJ's lately? I have found them hard to find this year compared to other years...
Cheers,
Benny.

seapup
28-08-2008, 02:23 PM
:grin: The greenhorn Azza.....I think him and Nick will be fighting over that title for quite some time....:grin:

The Gold machine has certainly seen a wide variety of fish mate!
Another ripper day out there.8-)

Catch up with you later and give you some of that emperor.

Pete

Was a fun day Pete! Was good to see the smile on Azas face when he caught those fish! ;D

Orrsum
28-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Nice Haul, looks like a good trip. Im stuck in Isa at the moment and cant wait to get home and head out, well done guy's

Lacey Blue Dog
28-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Good Photos Benny and looks like a fun day out on the water.
I got that barrell you ordered plus a few more up the top. 4 to 5 foot all day. In the water by 6 and three surfs for the day home by four left it cranking no one out. Felt like I had been out in the boat all day totaly rooted. Anyway great report.
Lacey

ffejsmada
28-08-2008, 05:30 PM
That's a ripper Spangly, they don't get much better than that!
Not a bad Maori either.

Good fish, top job boys!!!!

Seems the satay is taking over from the nuclear on the gold machine hey Ben???;D

Jeff.

scoota
28-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Looks like a top days fishin and the plastics win again!!

Whats with this turning the lights on and dodging whales stuff?????

Must be some awsome lights!!

Scoota...

seapup
28-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Not a bad Maori either.

Seems the satay is taking over from the nuclear on the gold machine hey Ben???;D

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff. The Satay seems to work well, but then again they all work well on their day. The old Nuclear Chicken is hard to beat.

seapup
28-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Looks like a top days fishin and the plastics win again!!

Whats with this turning the lights on and dodging whales stuff?????

Must be some awsome lights!!

Scoota...

Thanks Scoota. I use a blue eye beam light to cut through the mist at night so i can keep an eye out for Whales when travelling long distances. ;)

Pistol_P
28-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Not a bad Maori either.

Jeff.

Those satay's are pretty hot Jeff......Its the preferred variety of chicken these days.....I think Benny may be swaying away from the nuclear's...;D

Pete

fleety77
28-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks Scoota. I use a blue eye beam light to cut through the mist at night so i can keep an eye out for Whales when travelling long distances. ;)

good idea mate i seen a couple out of raby bay heading to peel on mon night in the tinnie, shit myself when one dissapeared for a little while as i was pretty close to em, imagine the damage if one come up under me!!! or if u hit one travellin 20-25 knots in the dark.........

seapup
28-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Those satay's are pretty hot Jeff......Its the preferred variety of chicken these days.....I think Benny may be swaying away from the nuclear's...;D

Pete

I might start stocking up on Satays now instead of Nuclears Pete! My stash of Nuclears is running low time for a change! ;D

nuggstar
28-08-2008, 06:29 PM
awsome sesh guys. top looking fish

death_ship
28-08-2008, 07:03 PM
nice spangle fellas, the cape is average at the moment so im coming back to noosa soon. I still stand by the lime tigers, but the new penny were popular the other day

keenfishr
28-08-2008, 09:06 PM
great catch mate...very jealous!! Some great looking fish amongst them!! well done!!cheers trav

Benno1
28-08-2008, 09:36 PM
fan...frikken...tastic...thanks for the top shelf pics and report...appreciate it...way to rub it in :P

Mrs Benno1

seapup
29-08-2008, 06:50 AM
nice spangle fellas, the cape is average at the moment so im coming back to noosa soon. I still stand by the lime tigers, but the new penny were popular the other day

I havent tried the New Penny yet but will on my next trip. I took a packet out with me on wednesday but stuck to the Nuclear and Satay as they were working well. Lime Tiger also works well I have caught good fish on it also.

lido76
29-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Good report Benny good to see you getting out again. Some good fish there mate the bbq chooks go ok too.But you gotta love the nuks. Went out to the 12 mile off mooloolaba on thurs for 1 snapp about 4kg and a couple of other reefies but had to work for them.

seapup
29-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Good report Benny good to see you getting out again. Some good fish there mate the bbq chooks go ok too.But you gotta love the nuks. Went out to the 12 mile off mooloolaba on thurs for 1 snapp about 4kg and a couple of other reefies but had to work for them.

Hay Lido, The reefies are definitely slow at the moment. :(

skipalong
29-08-2008, 05:32 PM
nice work benny great assortment and plenty of fun

Creek Vermin
29-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Some top stuff boys and good to see quality pics too. Good work. Cheers. Keith

dayoo
29-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Nice fish and pics, Benny.
Looking to get out wide next week on the weapon but conditions look like no go.

Cheers
Barry

seapup
30-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Nice fish and pics, Benny.
Looking to get out wide next week on the weapon but conditions look like no go.

Cheers
Barry

Thanks Barry. Hope the weather comes good and you guys get out wide next week!
Cheers,
Benny.

mattooty
30-08-2008, 09:53 AM
You guys are on fire lately! The weather gods must be in your favour! What did you do to please them?

seapup
30-08-2008, 01:17 PM
You guys are on fire lately! The weather gods must be in your favour! What did you do to please them?

Thanks mate. We pleased them by making the Greenhorn Aaron eat some of the burley mix (cubed Pillys, Spanner Crab shell and strips of Squid) after we crossed the bar. ;D It works every time! ;)
Benny.

death_ship
30-08-2008, 08:28 PM
hehe good idea, tried the satays and they were a hit, the pearlies tend to bust em up pretty easy but

Frank OO
31-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Hi Benny, We normally find the AJs on top of the little rises mixed in with the bait but we haven't seen any for almost twelve months. There were lots of little ones at Hutchies mixed in with the Yellow Tail Kingfish but nothing much over 5kg.

I have seen a lot of bait over the last few days so maybe the Pelegics will turn up in about six weeks. The water temperature is just over 21 degrees so it won't be long.

Frank OO

seapup
31-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi Benny, We normally find the AJs on top of the little rises mixed in with the bait but we haven't seen any for almost twelve months. There were lots of little ones at Hutchies mixed in with the Yellow Tail Kingfish but nothing much over 5kg.

I have seen a lot of bait over the last few days so maybe the Pelegics will turn up in about six weeks. The water temperature is just over 21 degrees so it won't be long.

Frank OO

It has certainly been a tough year for AJ's. I sent you a PM.

abbot_86
31-08-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah ben when are we gonna see some AJs in the report?? id still be happy with the trips you guys have but. nick...

seapup
31-08-2008, 05:49 PM
yeah ben when are we gonna see some AJs in the report?? id still be happy with the trips you guys have but. nick...

Hopefully next trip Nick! ;) The fight an AJ gives you is so much fun! The jigging is bloody hard work though but well worth it when you hook up! 8-)