PDA

View Full Version : World Class Facilities @ Tinaroo

TinarooTriumph
28-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Good news for all Boaters on Tinaroo with 3 of the existing Ramps set to have upgrades in the coming months as water levels start to drop. More work will be done on other Ramps as well, and a brand newy will be put in place. The Tinaroo Ramp near the Pontoon, Barron Arm Ramp and the Tinaburra Ramp (the most used) look to become 'doubles', meaning less waiting time etc. These ramps are already in fine condition, but with more Boat traffic on the Dam every year it makes sense to 'go bigger'. Another single ramp will be created at Black Gully opposite the Sailing Club and TEEC - there will then be two ramps operational at Black Gully, with the other still in fine order at the end of the Point. Parking at the Barron Arm ramp in the next few months shouldn't be a problem either, as the local blokes on Favier Road have slashed a good area of grass above the Ramp for more parking - they have also pushed a good deal of dirt onto the area to keep the grass down. The other two single lane Ramps at Tinaroo Park (Severin Arm) and the one around the corner from it (barely used) are still in fine order and are asked to be used! So if you are complaining about not being able to put your Boat in the water, your a tool.

More BBQ Shelters could be going up around Tinaburra in the coming months too. There are already countless numbers of cooking facilities around the Dam, however the ones at the Tinaburra end need a facelift. Plus more work is going to be undertaken to lay more bitumen around the Danbulla Circuit that runs around the Dam - mainly between Downfall and Kauri Ck.

Facilities don't come any better then at Tinaroo Dam for us to enjoy.

NAGG
28-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey thats good news Theo ...... Now you , Matt & Wheezer can have your own ramps;)
Hey ..... I've gotta say ...... some of those parks around the dam look magnificent8-)
You are lucky

Cheers

Chris

Whitto
28-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Thats Great Theo, I was 15 when last at Tinaroo......Im going to see a big difference in the place when I return....Im struggling to remember what it looked like...all I know is I will return one day.......Very happy for u guys with the improvements .....Whitto

TinarooTriumph
28-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Chris

Its funny actually... always relatively easy to guess where your mates are fishing when you spot their cars at the Ramp! Even easier when you see them there at night!!! Little hidden advantages...

Thanks about the words regarding the Parks. They are well looked after I can tell you that... definetely another tick in the Box. From memory Matt took you right up to the Northern End of the Dam - right up into School Point etc? Most pristine looking environment up there... Kodak moments!!! Have seen some very big fishies caught up there, most on Livebaits.

Cheers

Theo

NAGG
28-08-2008, 12:24 PM
One of my favorite views

black_sheep
28-08-2008, 02:25 PM
They must know I'm comin up Theo;D .

There was no mention in there about the floating pub>:( >:( .

Only 2 months away mate - looking forward to it and the new facilities.

TinarooTriumph
28-08-2008, 07:08 PM
There was no mention in there about the floating pub>:( >:( .

I think I can help you out there mate... :)

Waters dropping fast mate... bad news is the October weather is already here! She'll be right though.

Barraboss
28-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Theo,

I was one of the first to use the double ramp at Tinaburra. They finished the section they were working on one arvo I was out, and all I can say is that I was lucky I had 4wd as the boat trailer got bogged at the end of the ramp. Wheels were a spinning and I was going nowhere fast:) . But I believe that they will keep extending them whilst the water levels are dropping.

Great to see and well needed.

Thanks for the update...

Oh and when are we going to use your ramp next mate?

Cheers

Matt

Obi _ Wan
28-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Bloody Hell!!!! Personal ramps!!!!!! More ramps than there is in the whole Brisbane Metro area!!!

That's fantastic Theo, bloody good stuff mate.

It's good to see that the local authorities are doing the right thing by the local residents and the tourists, Good on them.

Must try and get a trip in up there one day.

Cheers,
John.

TinarooTriumph
29-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I was one of the first to use the double ramp at Tinaburra. They finished the section they were working on one arvo I was out, and all I can say is that I was lucky I had 4wd as the boat trailer got bogged at the end of the ramp. Wheels were a spinning and I was going nowhere fast:) .
Matt

That would have been awesome fun in the Navara!

So our new Double laners are only rated to 4WD vehicles eh? World Classssss!

You can use my Ramp when you leave Nev's alone, alright? :P

John,

Mate you'd love Tinaroo and the surrounds. Plenty to see and do on the Tablelands as well. If your ever considering a trip up here let us know I can help you out with some local info.

Cheers

Theo

black_sheep
29-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Theo, between Matt, Andrew and Joe, I have no doubt that we will be in good hands.

Can you organise some topless waitresses as well;) .

TinarooTriumph
29-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Theo, between Matt, Andrew and Joe, I have no doubt that we will be in good hands.

Can you organise some topless waitresses as well;) .

You will have to bring those up yourself mate... good lookers are as rare as hens choppers around the Tabelands - though could scout up some talent down in and around Cairns before you come! The floating Pub I can do...

You and Vin are going to have a blast... between now and the end of the year I can see nothing but big fish being caught.

Talk soon mate.

TinarooTriumph
06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Guys,

Quick update to anyone fishing Tinaroo in the coming weeks.

First of all, would like to notify anglers that the Island in the Severin Arm (opposite Tinaroo Park) is just about out of the water. I would give it a fortnight and she will poke her head out. The danger this Island posseses is that it is in the middle of absolutely anywhere, and I have seen quite a few accidents there in the past. When I mean 'absolutely anywhere', Im talking 50/55ft of water and whammo, straight up and down. If you plan on heading into the Severin in the coming weeks and you don't know exactly where it is, then stay to the right and take you'll be fine!

Other thing to report on, is the Ramp near this Island at Tinaroo Park (Lloyd Road) is going to become a Double Laner aswell. This will mean Tinaroo will have by the start of next year, 4 X Double Lane Ramps and 4 X Single Lane Ramps leading into the water.

I trolled up my very first 'trolled' Barra the other day in beaut conditions, and got back from the Dam tonight only half an hour ago. Conditions have been brilliant of late, and the fishing hasnt been too bad either.

Theo.

NAGG
07-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Guys,

Quick update to anyone fishing Tinaroo in the coming weeks.

First of all, would like to notify anglers that the Island in the Severin Arm (opposite Tinaroo Park) is just about out of the water. I would give it a fortnight and she will poke her head out. The danger this Island posseses is that it is in the middle of absolutely anywhere, and I have seen quite a few accidents there in the past. When I mean 'absolutely anywhere', Im talking 50/55ft of water and whammo, straight up and down. If you plan on heading into the Severin in the coming weeks and you don't know exactly where it is, then stay to the right and take you'll be fine!

Other thing to report on, is the Ramp near this Island at Tinaroo Park (Lloyd Road) is going to become a Double Laner aswell. This will mean Tinaroo will have by the start of next year, 4 X Double Lane Ramps and 4 X Single Lane Ramps leading into the water.

I trolled up my very first 'trolled' Barra the other day in beaut conditions, and got back from the Dam tonight only half an hour ago. Conditions have been brilliant of late, and the fishing hasnt been too bad either.

Theo.

Trolling :-/ What has happened Theo ?
Do you want me to send you a lure bag or a hand bag ::)

Chris

Awoonga
07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Chris, There is different types of trolling...When Awoonga was down to 29% and had lots of weed beds Trolling with the electric was the way to catch big fish .Its a art form that needs skill and quite a bite of prework ..Its usually done at night but you have to map your track during daylight hours so you stay just on the outer fringe of the beds ..Also it can be a way to find fish that you can target by casting too.. What is done is that you seem to get lots of hits trolling and every time you get a hit you mark the GPS .. A pattern will form as to where the fish are...

NAGG
07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Chris, There is different types of trolling...When Awoonga was down to 29% and had lots of weed beds Trolling with the electric was the way to catch big fish .Its a art form that needs skill and quite a bite of prework ..Its usually done at night but you have to map your track during daylight hours so you stay just on the outer fringe of the beds ..Also it can be a way to find fish that you can target by casting too.. What is done is that you seem to get lots of hits trolling and every time you get a hit you mark the GPS .. A pattern will form as to where the fish are...

G'day Trev

I'm only giving Theo shite ................... Hey without a doubt trolling is a great way to prospect new ground & as you said ......... you can find where fish are holding
on a personal note ......... Its boring! & only done when sounding an area or when moving from location to location ( whilst having a chicken , tomato & mayo sanga)

Chris