PDA

View Full Version : The Classic, Whos going, targeting what?

Pridey
26-08-2008, 10:56 PM
G'day guys,

Wondering who is heading to Bowen in a month and what fish you're targeting ?
Im planning on heading down for the first time, more for the social side of things, whats the accomodation situation... camping, caravan, hotel, mates place? Id imaging it would be pretty well booked out around that time.....

ShaneC
27-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Mate,

Wish I was going, had big ideas but forgot it's the squeeze's 30th birthday that weekend... bummer.

Don't know about the accomodation there, I stay with a mate, I'd say the shoals and the reefs will be the pick of the spots to fish though.

Have a great weekend up there,

Shane

Pridey
27-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Cheers mate,

Might have to trade her in for one with a different birthday hey ?

nonibbles
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm going, never fished there before. Taking wife and child staying with another family. Hope to get some good inshore spots (family doesn't like to travel far offshore - usually river/creek/enclosure). There's a few Ausfishers in that area that have been a bit quiet lately. I wonder if they've moved on?

Might be an opportunity for an impromptu M&G

Noiseworks
08-09-2008, 04:12 PM
My family and I are planning on going up for it. Friends from Mackay have also booked campsite. We're all looking forward to a great weekend. Never been to a fishing comp before, but all are enthusiastic. Unfortunately we'll be fishing from shore. Any suggestions on locations? Impromptu ausfish m&g sounds good.

Cheers
Noiseworks