PDA

View Full Version : Who caught that 119cm Barra at Awoonga on the weekend?

SeekingBarradise
26-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Hi guys i heard something about a nice big $1.19 Barra being caught at Awoonga over the last few days.

I'm not sure but it might have been Scoot?

If anyone knows anything or has a photo feel free to post it up as i'd like to see what condition they are in at the moment.

A good fish in anyone's language:)

Cheers Lyndon.

LeeannP
26-08-2008, 11:50 AM
$1.19 barra? Sounds like they're going cheap at the moment ;)

We've got to head up there in the next month or two so we may be able to finally catch up!! :)

Bob H
26-08-2008, 12:36 PM
i caught a $1.10 and a 95 center so it wasn,t me

SeekingBarradise
26-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Leanne i borrowed the $1.19 description from Les (Mcod) for a laugh.:)

I wish the fish were cheap and easy to catch at times ha but then i guess everyone would flatten them and none would be left. They are tough critters to consistantly catch in all weather that's for sure, but they are great fun to chase and i guess we all love the challenge or we wouldn't keep going back.

Awoonga Trip: Cool let us know closer to the time you are travelling up and if we are there at the same time it would be great to share a yarn or 2 around a campfire. Thanks a lot for the camera information it was right on the money.:)

Odds are we will have to cross paths at a barra dam one day. I camped 50 metres from brian (Br65) and didn't even know he was up at Monduran, funny stuff i bet we won't get a gig as detectives anytime soon.

Hi Bob they are nice fish at 110 and 95 well done mate anyone would be proud of nice fish in that size bracket.

Cheers Lyndon & Kel:)

Dick Pasfield
26-08-2008, 08:42 PM
A dollar fish, common term for a metre fish 'round this neck of the woods;)

NAGG
26-08-2008, 08:47 PM
A dollar fish, common term for a metre fish 'round this neck of the woods;)

I see the Aussie dollar is falling ........ I might go over to NZ ..... as their meteries only cost about 80 cents;D

vet
26-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Lyndon, I don't know if you are referring to me as scoot but if you were it wasn't me. I've got a few around 115 to 122 over the last week or so but none of them were 119. We christened Trev's new boat this afternoon. I told Trev that I shouldn't come with him on his first trip in case I caught the first barra in his boat, but he insisted. The first 3 fish that I hooked I just kept them jumping beside the boat till they threw the hook to give Trev a chance but unfortunately the 4th fish I hooked jumped itself silly but still couldn't throw the hook and eventually it was just laying there and couldn't get off so I had to unhook her and claim the first fish in the boat. We lost count of the number of hookups but it would easily have been 15 in 3 hours. The biggest was only about 108 or so but a fun session for the new boat. First trip in a skeeter and they go nice.
Hope this doesn't inflame any twitches, scott.

Dick Pasfield
26-08-2008, 10:07 PM
I see the Aussie dollar is falling ........ I might go over to NZ ..... as their meteries only cost about 80 cents;D

A NZ barra???? That's just wrong

NAGG
26-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Lyndon, I don't know if you are referring to me as scoot but if you were it wasn't me. I've got a few around 115 to 122 over the last week or so but none of them were 119. We christened Trev's new boat this afternoon. I told Trev that I shouldn't come with him on his first trip in case I caught the first barra in his boat, but he insisted. The first 3 fish that I hooked I just kept them jumping beside the boat till they threw the hook to give Trev a chance but unfortunately the 4th fish I hooked jumped itself silly but still couldn't throw the hook and eventually it was just laying there and couldn't get off so I had to unhook her and claim the first fish in the boat. We lost count of the number of hookups but it would easily have been 15 in 3 hours. The biggest was only about 108 or so but a fun session for the new boat. First trip in a skeeter and they go nice.
Hope this doesn't inflame any twitches, scott.

Well done Scott ....... So the Skeets ok ... hey?
Give Trev a rev & get him to put a report up on the new boat!

Cheers

Chris

Awoonga
27-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Well done Scott ....... So the Skeets ok ... hey?
Give Trev a rev & get him to put a report up on the new boat!

Cheers

Chris
Report ??? he caught all the fish.... New boat ? old now...Barra slimed.....Nagg report on new boat as requested Put boat in water.... drive fast to fishing spot.....catch fish ... Drive home...end off report....

Peter4
27-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Report ??? he caught all the fish.... New boat ? old now...Barra slimed.....Nagg report on new boat as requested Put boat in water.... drive fast to fishing spot.....catch fish ... Drive home...end off report....

Great report Trev - I got a feel for the surroundings and the day. It was almost like I was on the boat with you.

Your descriptive prose is simply amazing..............;) ;D ;D

NAGG
27-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Very good Trev ...... nothing like one of your in depth reports;)
Good to see you got back safely
I bet your a happy chappy .... with the new toy
Hey ..... dont worry about Scotts fish - as they were part of the shakedown trial :P

Cheers

Chris

Obi _ Wan
27-08-2008, 02:47 PM

That's a cracker Trev LMFAO!!!

Reminds me of an incident that happened a long time ago,

Myself and an old mate were cleaning a good stack of jewfish beside the boat ramp at Palm Beach (NSW)
When a couple of young fella's came along and, "Holy s***t Where did you get those, one of them blurted out.
Without missing a beat my old mate said, "In the water mate"

Cheers,
John.

Awoonga
27-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Update, on Boat Nagg and Awoonga...Left Scotty at home ...So l caught the fish this time !.. Boat goes even Faster without Him.....Like really fast...

BR65
27-08-2008, 08:20 PM
good reports trev, in depth anlysis of successfull techniques combined with a comprehensive review on the new boat - gold
funny stuff mate
glad your back on the water in your own tub

cheers
brian

Whitto
28-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Report ??? he caught all the fish.... New boat ? old now...Barra slimed.....Nagg report on new boat as requested Put boat in water.... drive fast to fishing spot.....catch fish ... Drive home...end off report....We just wanted a standard report Trev....There was no need to go on and on about useless information...God forbid we even know the Serial Number of the Mozzie......Good to see u back on the water and independent.....Whitto;D

NAGG
28-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Update, on Boat Nagg and Awoonga...Left Scotty at home ...So l caught the fish this time !.. Boat goes even Faster without Him.....Like really fast...

Hey Trev ...... just remember to wear your cap backwards "DUDE!"

jimbamb
28-08-2008, 08:17 AM
I recon trev should get a special award for the report and follow up report on the new boat.Really good reading!Highly enlightening.informative,.
good to hear you got to christen it yourself..
Ill put my hand up for a ride nex time im up your way.
Jim

SeekingBarradise
03-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Scott thanks for the report i mate it sounds like you and Trev had a fun session in his new boat. Yes your report has the arm twitching, even though ive got a good dose of lure arm, shoulder and neck at the moment.

Hi Dick thanks for letting me know the dollar term has been around the traps for a while. I'm interested in barra history so keep posting your NW perspectives as we enjoy the interesting reads.

How many people have been at the Awoonga boat ramp lately?

Cheers Lyndon

vet
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Awoonga boat ramp, 5-6 mid week and up to 20 on nice calm weekends. Definitely on the increase though. Probably won't get a park on the next full moon. cheers scott.

barradise
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
You got to love it.

warrior
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
great to hear the rig has arrived trev look forward to seeing her