PDA

View Full Version : Squidgie boof frogs for awoonga

maat
25-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi guys, am going to awoonga dam in about 4 weeks and i want to try the new squidgie boof frogs. However i have struggled to find them anywhere, I know we arnt allowed to name stores on this forum but can anyone hint where i could find these. Also i know to use worm hooks in these but just after an opion on what size and brands have worked well, any help would be appreciated.

cheers mat

NAGG
25-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Best of luck with finding them ..... I'm yet to see them .
If you cant find them ..... The Zoom Horny toad is the original ( Foxies at Gin Gin have them .... I believe)

The ideal hook to use is the TT SWS 6/0 ( 1/8th)

Just keep in mind ..... that the surface frog is just an option , which needs to be used under the right conditions / environment etc ......... Make sure you take slick rigs , shallow runners & divers too

I'll be up there in 3 weeks

Nagg

Obi _ Wan
25-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey Matt, Those Boof Frogs were going to be released after the Fishing Tackle Trade show which was heldover the weekend of 16/17 August on the Gold Coast

They should soon start to show up on the shelves.

Cheers,
John.

Magella
27-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Was told at tackle show there going to be a couple of more weeks away, the shipment was held back for some reason. Be quick first shippment already sold out.

Cheers Foxie

Obi _ Wan
27-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Foxie, I heard today that they have been held up in customs.

I guess they are making sure they are not cane toads.

John.

Whitto
28-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Heads Up.......Was in BCF Virginia today......The Squidgie Boof Frogs went on the shelves yesterday and obviously they have plenty of them in all sorts of lovely colours.........Whitto

Obi _ Wan
28-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah Mate------- I saw them today on the shelves a Tackle Word Sandgate.

John.

fleety77
28-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi guys, am going to awoonga dam in about 4 weeks and i want to try the new squidgie boof frogs. However i have struggled to find them anywhere, I know we arnt allowed to name stores on this forum but can anyone hint where i could find these. Also i know to use worm hooks in these but just after an opion on what size and brands have worked well, any help would be appreciated.

cheers mat

did u see the new fishing dvd-zine?? boofin barras!!

Whitto
28-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah Mate------- I saw them today on the shelves a Tackle Word Sandgate.

John.Thanks John....will have to investigate;)