PDA

View Full Version : boat shop gone

lunchcutter
24-08-2008, 09:13 PM
yeah another boat shop gone a good source tells me thet the sea breeze boat shop is gone into receivership the 1 in rockhampton closed a month or 2 ago now its other shop in yeppoon is closing soon

tin can marlin
24-08-2008, 11:27 PM
I must say i have heard there is a few close up north and also in brisbane. This weeks boat show is going to be the last straw for a lot of dealerships i think.

Noelm
25-08-2008, 07:47 AM
yeah, lets keep importing our own Boats and Motors and Electronics from the US, that should teach them!

way_out_bush
25-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I purchased my boat from seabreeze in 06, I was talking to them the other day and was told that yes they have closed the rocky shop due to increased rent and the rising fuel stopping people buying boats. They also told me that the yepoon shop would not be carrying boats but will supply the gs marine range by order but will be still operating selling different bits and pieces. I have found them to always be upfront and honest people and great to deal with so i hope their business keeps going.

Mindi
25-08-2008, 06:23 PM
yeah, lets keep importing our own Boats and Motors and Electronics from the US, that should teach them!

I understand the frustration but that's what markets do...it isnt easy to get a sustainable margin. Pointless blaming the consumer who shops globally.

ifishcq1
25-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Ask our own boating industry why Brian at Sea Breeze has had to sell out in Rocky
One of the big aluminium boat builders imposed unrealistic conditions on supply of a line and not enough boats sold

and support from the outboard industry isn't there when people can buy the product overseas and import it here so cheap.

why not pay the local bloke to do the installation and look after the motor. the average boat yard would be better off in the long run than the little they make on sales selling for the corporations

SL

lunchcutter
25-08-2008, 07:07 PM
yeah i have found brian and engrid to be good a person i know from brissy is dealing with the paper work

lunchcutter
25-08-2008, 07:10 PM
and saying that boat shop has been rated 1 of the worse bot shop in cq just in front of the other shop down musgrave street just b4 the bridge

Mindi
25-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Ask our own boating industry why Brian at Sea Breeze has had to sell out in Rocky
One of the big aluminium boat builders imposed unrealistic conditions on supply of a line and not enough boats sold

and support from the outboard industry isn't there when people can buy the product overseas and import it here so cheap.

why not pay the local bloke to do the installation and look after the motor. the average boat yard would be better off in the long run than the little they make on sales selling for the corporations

SL

Surely people are not importing their own motors...? I can understand electronics but would find it hard to believe a motor..?

ifishcq1
25-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Surely people are not importing their own motors...? I can understand electronics but would find it hard to believe a motor..?
Yeah Mindi there are quite a few threads on ausfish about importing and checkout eds superstore on the web

SL

Mindi
26-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah Mindi there are quite a few threads on ausfish about importing and checkout eds superstore on the web

SL

Hmmmm...just looked at that. An E-TEC 90 here costs about $11300 plus installation

Their price is $7300usd = $8500 aud plus freight (who knows..? $1000..?) gives $9500....10% GST equals about $10400

But this is probably without cables or instruments so there is nothing in it but a lot of hassle with the dollar at 85 cents and falling....6 weeks ago at 98 cents it was probably well worth the effort..?