PDA

View Full Version : Townsville BBQ

fish-n-dive
22-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I really want to meet a few of you people (only met Brett so far).

Is anyone interested in a BBQ meet & greet at my place (Condon)?

I supply the BBQ plus enough designer snags for everyone...... all you need is your designated driver, your booze and what ever else you want to cook or eat.....meat salad stuff like that.

We have a big pool for the kids and plenty of room for the kids and better halves.

I'm thinking next Friday night.

Any takers?

levinge
23-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Sorry BIg fella, I'll be on a nightshift.

Would love to have come but got to work to afford to fish!!!!

But I am sure the guys won't pass up a free feed, especially Scott, he looks like he's shrinking and could do with a top-up.

Guys get in an welcome Michael, he needs all the help he can finding some quality areas to fish, as he is really new to the area.

Plus he might be buying a big Centre Console and no doubt will need a couple of deckies to help pull up the anchor...

Have fun without me guys, but not tooooooo much

goddy100
23-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds good, will have to see if I have anything on next Friday. Might also ge a good mini m&g for Scott's charter trip he is organising.

Goddy

fish-n-dive
23-08-2008, 03:32 PM
sounds like a good plan Goddy! Whats the charter Scott is doing, I would be interested if space is available.

Scott nthQld
23-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but I don't know what I'm upto yet, I don't like to get too far ahead in planning a weekend, often the best are the unplanned.

However, you can find the thread for the reef charter here, all the info is still up to date as far as I'm aware, I'm looking to book for the w/e of the 14th Sept, and with a couple of blokes from here, as well as a few other I know, it won't be hard to make up numbers.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=134535

Rod Fishing
23-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Wont be able to make either unfortunately I start subject 2 for warrent officer on the 15 September so i will be travelling and if i took the missus to a BBQ with feloow ausfishers she would get pretty pissed with me considering all we do is drink and talk about fishing and pretty girls.

Will take a rain check on both

Cheers Rod....8-)

fish-n-dive
24-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but I don't know what I'm upto yet, I don't like to get too far ahead in planning a weekend, often the best are the unplanned.

However, you can find the thread for the reef charter here, all the info is still up to date as far as I'm aware, I'm looking to book for the w/e of the 14th Sept, and with a couple of blokes from here, as well as a few other I know, it won't be hard to make up numbers.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=134535

I'm in like Flynn Scott. Really looking forward to it!!

levinge
24-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Rod Fishing where you been hiding big fella, BTW good luck with the WO's Course. You'll be itching for a fish when you get back. You poor bugger with the missus, mine would be right in the middle of the blokes talking fishing, guess who's a lucky boy hey...

She's even upgraded her equipment, new boat gear Daiwa Medium Boat Game Rod and Reel, she's gunna be going hard next trip

leezor
24-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Howdy Fish-n-dive, am keen for a BBQ mate, live in Condon also.

Cheers,

Lee

STUIE63
25-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Fish-n-dive I can't make it this friday as I have a 50th to go to
sorry
Stuie

Rod Fishing
25-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Brett,

Been stuck doing pre course and a 100% stocktake and not enjoying it way to much work long hours and i havent even really started the precourse. My old man is up as well so I have been spendng a bit of time with him doing some work around the new place.

Oh yeah for those of you that don't know the missus and I brought us a new place in Annandale, so hopefully afte get back will have a BBQ and a swim and of course the obligitry beer or 9

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
25-08-2008, 09:33 PM
More room for the boat I hope!!!

Scott nthQld
27-08-2008, 11:36 AM
How long is the course for Rod? Charter's booked out on weekends until the 11th Oct is the first available, so you might be able to make it?

Rod Fishing
27-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Brett,

There is heaps of room for the boat really happy with the place.

Scotty,

I get back late on the 10th and go firls on the 13th or something stupid like that.

Cheers Rod....8-)

fish-n-dive
28-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi people,

It seems that less than a handful can make it tomorrow night so how about we try for a reschedule for next Friday or Saturday?

I would really like to make it a great event.

If Scott hasn't locked in the charter by then, we could nut this around for awhile.

What are your thoughts?

Taipan
28-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Post a date mate and I'll come along, I need to see dates to plan anything.

Sounds good though.

Lee, will you be taking the missus and kids?

ronnien
28-08-2008, 05:00 PM
fish-n-dive,

we are able to make it next fri or sat night, if yous dont mine 3 rat kids.

ron.

fish-n-dive
28-08-2008, 05:22 PM
fish-n-dive,

we are able to make it next fri or sat night, if yous dont mine 3 rat kids.

ron.

lol, they will have a ball with my 8.....!!!

fish-n-dive
28-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Post a date mate and I'll come along, I need to see dates to plan anything.

Sounds good though.

Lee, will you be taking the missus and kids?

Bring the lot it should be fun!!!

ronnien
28-08-2008, 09:02 PM
how about a time & date?

ron.

fish-n-dive
29-08-2008, 07:01 PM
OK people,

My loving and gorgeous wife suggests that this coming Friday is the go so yous can fish on the weekend if the weather is good (or recover from your hangovers...lol)

I'll supply the meat, bread/buns, condiments and fizzy for the kids and you people can supply the salads & chips/snacks (and your own alcohol drinks), you probably need to bring a chair as well.

We have a pool that my kids still swim in (burrrrr) but your kids might enjoy it.

We also have those stupid tv games the kids like...............

Rather than post my address for the world to see, just PM me if your coming and i'll send the address back to you.

So, who's up for a great night?

cheers.
mich@el

levinge
30-08-2008, 06:50 AM
So that would make it September 5th - Correct. What time????

If so, we might be able to get there, PM me with your address michael and I'll see what I can do. Go a Dayshift that finishes at 6:30pm so might be a little behind everyone else. See what happens....

fish-n-dive
03-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Just confirming that the BBQ is on at my place this Friday 5/2/08 start around 6:00pm or earlier if you get here then.

My kids have been in the pool everyday this week and assure me it is warm so let your kids bring their swimmers and a towel....you too if you want.

I've got the meat bread and condiments under control so you just need to bring enough salad /chips to share and your own booze and fizzy (I've got eskys)

Oh and probably a chair would be good as well.

Hope to see you here.......... just PM me for the address and phone number!!

Cheers,
Michael

Scott nthQld
03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
yeah, I'll come along, should be there by 6.30. Send us a pm with your address.

I'll be heading out in the Bohle on Saturday to drop a couple of crab pots over the side....got to get rid of some of these frames that have built up on me. Probably have a bit of a fish for grunter, and maybe some shallow water jacks and barra if the tide allows me to get to my spots. Will need a look out for the handbags though, I will pump a few yabbies for the grunter, they love em.

might even see a couple of crocs about, they should be sunning themselves on the bank. Dunno what time I'll head out though, won't be too early, I need a bit of water to get into my crabbin spot.

levinge
04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
will try to get there Michael, see how I am after 12 hours at work. won't be tooooo late a night as I might squeeze in a fish on Saturday morning before my night shift.

See you if I make it!!

fish-n-dive
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
will try to get there Michael, see how I am after 12 hours at work. won't be tooooo late a night as I might squeeze in a fish on Saturday morning before my night shift.

See you if I make it!!

Come on Brett dont be a piker..............

Pridey
04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
This Friday ? as in Tomorrow mate ?

fish-n-dive
04-09-2008, 09:15 PM
This Friday ? as in Tomorrow mate ?

Yep, have PM'ed you the address

Pridey
04-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Dumb question Pridey, pay attention. Scott, arent those tides still pretty intense at the moment ? pots'll probably be high and dry. thinking of trying upper ross on sat morning. Wont be able to make it friday, will try to make it to the next one though. Anyone else going to upper ross on sat ?

levinge
04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Now Now Michael, you've seen the boat, would you leave it at home for too long???

Plus I don't want to be number 1 on the water polices hit parade on Saturday.
Won't be a piker but will need my beauty sleep before fishing

Scott nthQld
05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Dumb question Pridey, pay attention. Scott, arent those tides still pretty intense at the moment ? pots'll probably be high and dry. thinking of trying upper ross on sat morning. Wont be able to make it friday, will try to make it to the next one though. Anyone else going to upper ross on sat ?

Nah the pots will be right in the bohle, I've got a little creek that you can only get into when there's a bit of water there, but once inside, it still remains at a good depth. Not much run this weekend, but I've always had a better session in the bohle when there's no run, so it should be good.

Pridey
05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Still heading out to the Bohle or Maggie ? Im pretty excited as to what I could find in the Upper Ross tomorrow. Hopefully it stays warm. Was out in the Bohle last weekend testing out the new false deck I put in the tinney. didnt do so well, but I think thats down to the fact I had three blokes in the boat. much better with only two. Good luck anyway

Scott nthQld
05-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I think I'll still go out in the Bohle, haven't fished in a creek for over 12 months now.....starting to forget what a whiting looks like...lol. And besides if I bring home any more mackeral I'll get shot. I've got planty of mackeral frames and old pillies to go in the pots, so i'd better use them before it builds up on me again....especially when the freezer will be overful after next month's reef trip (here's hoping anyway).