PDA

View Full Version : Mangrove Jack M & G

Didley
22-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone

I’m taking on the task of organising a small meet & greet for those of us who are infected with the Mangrove Jack bug. At the moment let’s say mid October, but I might do another poll later to get a date that suits most.
For now let’s see what interest there is, and set a venue, please vote for your preferred meeting locale. I’m thinking of a camping ground so those who want can camp the night before and have a BBQ and a drink or 2.
Any suggestions gratefully listened to.

Cheers Didley

Ps. Gympie Tce is at Noosaville

Pete62
22-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey Didley, if u look at somewhere south of Brisvagas I would be in. Third week in October would be our cause I will be at Mondy trying to meet the local Barra girls.
Cheers, Pete.

Didley
22-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Pete , this ones already in the planing from another thread, Boys were keen 4 Noosa area, but I'm open to doing another one a bit later on the GC

BrandonH
22-08-2008, 11:37 AM
As Keith said Coochin isn't a real good idea. I have never caught a decent fish there yet:( and the young guns probably won't be able to get their boats in the water down there!! lol

John's Landing is a good idea! just make sure to take plenty of rid if staying overnighthttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif Ramp might be a bit much for some cars to launch from but I don't mind helping out launching if needs be (or others with 4x4's).

Count me in for sure!!! Another thing we will need to do is clarify what age is the cutoff for the young guns team and the old boys team? or are we going to do it per person?

cheers
Brandon...

ffejsmada
22-08-2008, 12:44 PM
The weekend of the 11 & 12 October has good tides.

Full moon on 15 October.

Didley
22-08-2008, 01:01 PM
The weekend of the 11 & 12 October has good tides.

Full moon on 15 October.

Sounds like there's no debate to be had on the date then, that sounds spot on.

Thanks Jeff

Creek Vermin
22-08-2008, 07:38 PM
The fejj strikes again. (Knew you'd come through roosta) That weekend sounds like the go mate. Johns is a top spot to meet (bring weapons to hold off the ferals) Would be good to catch up with a few A'fishers over a coupla cans.

breamnut
22-08-2008, 07:46 PM
u guys like big tides??
i have always caught my best jack on dead low tides and have always caught way more jack on the smaller tides in summer

bradgtrog
23-08-2008, 10:39 AM
is anyone going out today to noosa river i need a fishing buddy im bored

Rufus
23-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey to all, this sounds like a great idea. There are a few of us AusFishers who have not caught a MG in this area as yet. Will there be some information in regards to "Bait" and "Lure" fishing for this area ? Also as this is a M & G fellow fisho's will share information on catching these wonderful fish.

Regards, Mark

Shagga
23-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Sounds good Didley.

Didley
23-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Rufus, Noosa is a great place to catch mj on lure, lots of good snags and certainly one of the cleanest environments in Qld when it comes to pollution. It's no toxic drain as studies show, it's one of the cleanest most natural rivers in Australia and the aquatic life loves it. Do I sound like a tourist brochure? There is bugger all (farms or industry) upstream of Tewantin to bugger it up. Lets keep it that way, Please catch and release only Ausfishers, lets leave the Noosa River how we find it.
As 4 info in regards to bait and lures, thats what the M/G M&G's all about, corner some of the guys U see bragging about their catches and pump 'em 4 info. Pistol_Pete works at "Barra Jacks" on the weekends and "ffejsmada" Jeff tells me "Hooked on Angling and Outdoors"is a great shop, so I'd be dropping in to one of those and getting some local advice.
Failing all that, the way I see it, I haven't seen Thirsty and Creek Vermin with out a yellow can in the background of a photo taken in jack season, so a little amber liquid pushed their way might help the mood I'd reckon;D

Cheers Dids

zedjack33
25-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Plenty of guys interested from previous years etc. Check out some posts/do a search.

Nico.d.R
26-08-2008, 09:40 PM
im keen on the 11-12th ill just have to run it past the boss .

cheers nico

Didley
27-08-2008, 02:16 PM
To the Guys that are voting Coochin Creek, it's looking like John's is going to be the spot, if so, will U consider coming up to Noosa, and either way, do U want to organise another date 4 Cooch, maybe around Christmas. I'd be interested in doing both, if I can:P.

As far as I'm concerned this is just a M&G, if U want more (ie. a comp) throw your hat in to help organise it. If you want more than a date and place to meet up, it gets pretty hard, as people won't commit. We might get 5 people or 30, who knows.

If people that are fairly sure they'll attend Noosa on the 11 and 12th of October and need to book a camping spot, could you let me know and I'll make some preliminary inquires as to availability, cost ect.

Cheers Dids

Nico.d.R
27-08-2008, 04:53 PM
intrested in camping just need a rough idea on the price for each adult and child .

cheers nico

nuggstar
27-08-2008, 10:29 PM
im keen if i can find a spot in one of ya boats. iv never been that far up the river. i hope tarpon count in the jackoff too. ya gotta get browny points for catching them suckers

Didley
28-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I gave John’s Landing a ring, the weekend of 11/12 of October there shouldn’t be to many people there he said, but they don’t take bookings. There’s heaps of room so don’t worry about that. Camping is $5 /adult, $10/Family. I believe day visitors are charged about $2. There are coin operated (20c) showers. a shop that sells bait and some basic groceries Camp fires are allowed, bring fire wood or they’ll sell it to U. They also have a few canoes 4 for hire.

Directions to get there I’ve copied off Lucky_Phill’s 08-10-2003, 03:47 AM post to save me some typing (Thanks Phill). Things could have changed in the Noosaville area with the ever changing Sunshine motorway, but you’ll get the idea. Phone number for John’s landing is 5447-1806.

Do a search on Google and read the reviews on John’s landing and you’ll get the idea, but it’s not that bad. It’s basically just an old cattle farm with a few cows still wondering around, lots of trees, and a few resident locals in vans and tents. There was a rumour Elvis was living there a few years ago, so maybe we’ll get some entertainment if were lucky. The main point is your in prime Jack luring country.

Johns Landing is located just north of Tewantin, Sunshine Coast. It will take approximately 2 1/2 hours drive from the Gateway Bridge ( Brisbane ). So you can work out time for your particular area.

There are 2 ways to get there.

1. Travel the Bruce Highway and turn off at Eumundi and follow the Eumundi-Noosa Road, or

2. Travel further north and take the Cooroy-Noosa Road at Cooroy.

The Eumundi turn-off is closer, but there is a lot of roadworks being done in this area and you travel through Noosaville suburbs with traffic lights etc. The Cooroy way is longer in distance, but is a straight forward run. The choice is yours.

Now, get out your refidex and find " WERIN ST " Tewantin. Turn into this street and then turn left into " CULLINANE ST ". Follow this road for about 3.3 kilometers and turn right into " LAKE COOROIBAH RD ". Follow this road for a few k's more and don't turn off. At the end of this road you will find a gate with a sign, and that sign will say " Johns Landing ", private property. Drive through. This road is about 2 kilometers long and dirt/sand, travel slow with a trailer on. Stop at shop / house and pay the " man ". $10 per vehicle per night. Go through gate ( you may have to get out and open this one ) and follow track. See 10kph sign at showers, turn right and follow track to river.

hope this helps. Phill

Cheers Didley

Nico.d.R
28-08-2008, 09:40 PM
is there any power there ? to charge boat batteries .

cheers nico

Didley
28-08-2008, 09:59 PM
is there any power there ? to charge boat batteries .

cheers nico

No idea, Nico, give em a ring.:-/

Dids

Didley
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
OK boys & girls, poll is finished. The M&G is on, on 11-12 October, unless we get snow, at John's Landing. I'll put a reminder out the week before.

Cheers Dids8-)

ffejsmada
03-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Any boys and girls coming up for a so called pre-fish????;D

Didley
03-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Any boys and girls coming up for a so called pre-fish????;D

This boy is, a week of it8-)

nuggstar
05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
hehehe you sneaky bugger didley. hope ya get a few, just put some pics up so i can drool over them.

ffejsmada
07-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Here's a photo from today boys, just to whet your appetite.;D

Shows water temp, colour of water and a nice little hump!

Water's good, slightly salty on top, very happy considering the rain we had last thursday.

Cheers Jeff.

Didley
07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
That water temp is improving nicely Jeff, I think the mods might have edited the photo of the "nice little hump" out, not really appropriate for this site, so good job to the mods, and I hope they have slamed you with a few infringement points for that one.

Dids

RAT-KING
07-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Didley yeah Im in if i can get the time off work which I should b able 2 swing!!
Cheers Simon

Creek Vermin
08-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Should be a good trip if the water stays salty. Getting thirsty just thinking about it. How many do you know of are coming dids?

Didley
08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Should be a good trip if the water stays salty. Getting thirsty just thinking about it. How many do you know of are coming dids?

No idea Keith, U can see what I can see, no PM replies just what U see on this post. But my guess is between 10-20, but might be just me and the bear, and that's ok too ;D.I think people don't want to commit in case they get a better offer (like that's guna happen) Give Whytey a rev and get him to come along, will ya, I've got s##t loads I can teach him 8-) and he's the bloke that got me to organise it.
Cheers

ffejsmada
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Dids, I hope you intend to get a camp spot as close to the river as possible.

Some will be coming by boat, so when moored, we want to keep a close eye on our rods, gear, etc, and our boats.

Toothless, mullet haired ferals, you know!!::)

Didley
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Jeff, I thought it'd be best to form the cars and boats into a circle, cowboy style, and sleep inside. 4 blokes at a time in 2 hour shifts keeping guard on the perimeter, should do the trick.
I've got a new swag, I'll be sleeping in my boat, any sign of trouble I'll make a run 4 it, and get reinforcements sent up from Brisy. :-[

Dids

Creek Vermin
09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
The johns crew are ok boys. Most of them are related to T H I R S T Y, so we shouldn't have any problems. ;D It's easy to put shiit on him when he's working in townsville and catching no barras.

Didley
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

childers
10-09-2008, 07:54 AM
g'day didley,
wouldn't suprise me if that jack authority (SMALL UNIT ,ROB) turns up with his 80 lb hand line ,and shows you how to catch off shore jacks in the creeks, hes pretty good you know !!!

Didley
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
g'day didley,
wouldn't suprise me if that jack authority (SMALL UNIT ,ROB) turns up with his 80 lb hand line ,and shows you how to catch off shore jacks in the creeks, hes pretty good you know !!!

No worries Chill, everybody's welcome mate, I'm starting to miss the big fella, maybe he'll be back soon, but I think the $10 fees slowed him up. I don't think he'd know what to do in less than 50 meters of water though, although I'm sure the boy wonder would come with him, and he might show us a thing or 2. I take it, your not making the long trip?

Dids

childers
10-09-2008, 10:21 AM
didley,
i have only ever been a gold coast jacker mate ,couple little fellas at home hang of the old woman too much, bit hard to get away , can get these close to home ,had this pic up for your old mate once before ,havent chased any red fellas for a few mths ,been hitting up some great tailor thats been fun ,cheers

Didley
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Gzzzzzzzz that head brings backs some memories, O'well we'll catch up down the GC some time, I've heard a rumour the jack are just starting to bite down there.

Dids

Didley
13-09-2008, 02:05 PM
The local community are considering funding first prize for a comp, in the interest of increasing tourism to the area, a bass boat, what do u think?

TheRealAndy
14-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I am going to book in for this one. I will probably be running solo, so if anyone is looking for a boat ride let me know. I am a virgin to the area and a jack virgin too.

ffejsmada
16-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Dids, Tell us what you've got planned for the M&G.

It's only a month away now.

Jeff.

ps why hasn't this thread become a sticky?????:-/

Didley
16-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Dids, Tell us what you've got planned for the M&G.

It's only a month away now.

Jeff.

ps why hasn't this thread become a sticky?????:-/

Jeff and eveyone

I've got nothing planed, I'm just expecting those interested ( there seems to be enough to make it worthwhile) to come to John's Landing camping ground on Saturday 11th, set up camp, go 4 a fish late after noon have a camp fire from just after dark, tell some lies, (a local like your self can give us a talk on local MJ habits) , some people might like a cup of tea, some might go 4 a bait fish, sleep, up at sparrow's, hit the snags with lures till mid morning , pack up and go home.Every body should bring their own previsions, camp gear and some fire wood.
A comp is not necessary IMHO, but I'm sure we'll compare catches. I did ask 4 any suggestions, and have received none. Any thoughts.
A cup of tea over the camp fire and a couple of fishing sessions sounds good to me.

Dids

Ps. as for becoming sticky, do I do that or do the mods.

TheRealAndy
16-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I am going to need instructions on the location! I might have a deckie after all.

BTW, forget the cup of tea over the camp fire, beer or rum only!!

Didley
16-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Andy look at post 18 this thread is that all your after?

Creek Vermin
17-09-2008, 04:32 PM
What's doing with the tea dids? Isn't tea a meal? Me and THIRSTY will be up there friday lunch time. Will try to leave a couple of fish for you mate. We'll be swagging it somewhere. Prob in the middle of the river where it's a bit safer. I doubt the locals would be able to swim. Prob best place to camp is down near the boat ramp. That seems to be where most visitors set up.

TheRealAndy
17-09-2008, 10:09 PM
This looks like the right place:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Johns+Rd+Cooroibah+QLD,+4565+Australia&sll=-27.356327,153.070648&sspn=0.006565,0.009656&ie=UTF8&ll=-26.331768,153.024187&spn=0.026501,0.038624&z=15&layer=c&cbll=-26.326537,153.04204&panoid=uQAnQn_e6BACMmkvk8C-Uw

Can you please confirm Phil or Didley

abbot_86
18-09-2008, 06:31 PM
ill be there but wont camp. ill just go home at night to a nice warm bed and come back out in the morning. i saw a heap of pigs up there the other day. so you just need eggs and your then set for brekky!!

Creek Vermin
18-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Did they have 2 legs or 4 Abbot?

ffejsmada
18-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Did they have 2 legs or 4 Abbot?

Both.....................but some were hairy, and grunting and roo!ing around in the bush.:o I'm taking the shotty!!!;)

abbot_86
18-09-2008, 08:26 PM
i wasnt gettin any hits on the fishing side of things so i got side tracked and started throwind snapper leads at the pigs. i now have a sling shot in my boat just incase i see those little buggers again. and also to keep the locals at johnsys at bay.

Didley
19-09-2008, 07:22 PM
What's doing with the tea dids? Isn't tea a meal? Me and THIRSTY will be up there friday lunch time. Will try to leave a couple of fish for you mate. We'll be swagging it somewhere. Prob in the middle of the river where it's a bit safer. I doubt the locals would be able to swim. Prob best place to camp is down near the boat ramp. That seems to be where most visitors set up.

Sorry Keith , just trying to set a good example, reality will be different, promise;D

Pistol_P
19-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Send James up there Nick (from BJ's)

They are probably better than what he picks up at the Villa....;D ;D

Pete

Didley
23-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey to all, this sounds like a great idea. There are a few of us AusFishers who have not caught a MG in this area as yet. Will there be some information in regards to "Bait" and "Lure" fishing for this area ? Also as this is a M & G fellow fisho's will share information on catching these wonderful fish.

Regards, Mark

G'day Mark
Just to add a little re bait and lure. Noosa between the lakes, which is where John's Landing is, is a great snag luring spot. It’s an all natural environment, just downed trees to toss at. I love Tilson barra or Tilson bass lures, but I’m sure everybody will have a different preference. The classic Gold Bomber is also a fav. A trip to the local tackle shops at Noosa and chat up a sales bloke or girl will set u up I’m sure. Do a search on “Mangrove Jack” on this site or on the net in general and you’ll learn a lot.
As far as bait, I’d suggest you get half a dozen mullet fillets and bring ‘em along, fresher the better. I’ll have a cast net there if U want some livies.
Generally it’s like any fishing, something will work best one day and something else the next. But it should be a good weekend to learn something new to try. Hope to see U there.

Dids

BrandonH
24-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Really looking forward to this weekend :D Nico and myself will be on the water early Saturday morning for a fish. Then back at John's landing early to mid afternoon.

What time are people showing up at Johns? are we going to get together for a afternoon snack/drink/greet before heading out for an arvo/night fish? If we are what time? 2-3pm or is this when some are wanting to fish?
Your campfire idea sounds good Dids but are people going to want to fish the high tide at 7:22pm? I know I would like to have a livie in the water around this time::)

These questions are a little late:-/ but I only realised that this was on this weekend last night:o :-X ;D

Cheers
Brandon...

Didley
24-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Brandon, don't get ahead of yourself, its the weekend of 11 &12 October, 2 1/2 weeks off yet :-[;D

BrandonH
24-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Lol Nico!!!!!!!!!!!! barstard had me thinking it was this weekend>:(

Oh well thats good! I have another pay cheque to spend on Jack lures b4 we head up;D ;D

Still some of my questions stand;)

How are we going to find you Didds? I haven't seen a pic of yourself on this forum yet? Nico his son Jeremy and myself will be in my white 80 series towing a 4mtr Mako;)

Cheers
Brandon...

Didley
24-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm going up there this Saturday for a week;D, just to get the jacks trained on taking lures. So I'll be back at the computer the week before, lets do some posting on details in that week. One thing people might like to organise, is some fire wood to take up as we have to bring our own.

childers
24-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm going up there this Saturday for a week;D, just to get the jacks trained on taking lures. So I'll be back at the computer the week before, lets do some posting on details in that week. One thing people might like to organise, is some fire wood to take up as we have to bring our own.

didley , a week up there sounds good ,looking forward to see you post some photos when you get back, cheers.

TheRealAndy
02-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Bump.

Looking foward to it. I will be there as early on Sat as possible, dropping my boat in for a service this weekend, so will try pick it up friday otherwise first thing Sat. I take it someone will be able to show me where to find the mullet? Might bring some fresh stuff just in case. This will be my first time on the noosa river too!!

childers
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
wheres , the real didley ! comon mate how did you go .

darylive
04-10-2008, 09:44 AM

Last time I was there there were piles of old wood every where :)

Mind you there were things living in them :-/

Didley
04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
wheres , the real didley ! comon mate how did you go .
G'day Chill, I just got back, nothin to brag about, there about but not in great numbers, got 2 on the first trip up between the lakes, 1 on the second, and none on the third. Got a few 50's down in Noosa on livies, a few big eye Trevors and a cod. Family holiday mate, I'm under the thumb, to many snags not enough time, you know the story.

Dids

Didley
05-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Reminder, Mangrove Jack meet and greet this weekend, John's Landing, Noosa. Please bring firewood and everything you need.
Here are some shots from the river looking at John's landing.35829358303583135832

ffejsmada
05-10-2008, 01:37 PM
And here's what you're coming for.

Didley
05-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Is that a fresh one, Jeff. Your hiding that lure well;D

Creek Vermin
05-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I reckon I know which lure that is dids..

TheRealAndy
05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I just bought an electric bowmount, if all goes well I will fit it this Friday night ready for the weekend. Would be nice if I could land my first jack on a lure!

ANy tips for lures? Hard body or sof plastic?

childers
05-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I just bought an electric bowmount, if all goes well I will fit it this Friday night ready for the weekend. Would be nice if I could land my first jack on a lure!

ANy tips for lures? Hard body or sof plastic?

yeah mate buy a hand full of ""old man lures"" if you can find em;)

ffejsmada
06-10-2008, 09:58 AM
yeah mate buy a hand full of ""old man lures"" if you can find em;)

haha I've got plenty of them!;D 8-)

Didley
07-10-2008, 07:06 PM
G’day Ausfishers,

Noosa river local, ffejsmada (Jeff) has charmed Barra Jacks, Noosa, and they’ve been good enough to give us some sponsorship for a small comp to be held in conjunction with our “Meet and Greet” this weekend. Prizes will consist of 5 lures and a spool of 30lb Nitlon fluorocarbon. Steve Brown (Ausfish) has also come to the party with the offer of some Ausfish merchandise. So our thanks go to both Barra jacks and Ausfish for their kind donations.

The comp will be run between 10 am Saturday and 2pm Sunday. You’ll need to register at John’s Landing before starting to fish; we will have a Barra Jacks banner strung up in the trees. It’s Catch and release only, so bring digital cameras and brag mats or some measuring device that can be photographed with fish. If you don’t have these items don’t worry, we’ll work some thing out. All competition eligible fish must come from the area between Lake Cooroibah and Lake Cootharaba.

This is an informal event, and carries no insurance ect. Just a little bit of fun to add a bit of interest to the day. My decision on results is L A W law. Come and enjoy.

To give an idea of numbers that may attend, if you could either PM me or post here your intention to come that would be great. If it needs to be postponed due to weather I can then PM you, but that’s unlikely, a few showers never killed any one.;D

Cheers Grant

TheRealAndy
07-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I am a definite, rain hail snow whatever. Does didley law include alcohol handicaps?!?!?

I am actually hoping that someone can teach me how to catch a jack this weekend!

DEANO68
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM
G’day Ausfishers,

Noosa river local, ffejsmada (Jeff) has charmed Barra Jacks, Noosa, and they’ve been good enough to give us some sponsorship for a small comp to be held in conjunction with our “Meet and Greet” this weekend. Prizes will consist of 5 lures and a spool of 30lb Nitlon fluorocarbon. Steve Brown (Ausfish) has also come to the party with the offer of some Ausfish merchandise. So our thanks go to both Barra jacks and Ausfish for their kind donations.

The comp will be run between 10 am Saturday and 2pm Sunday. You’ll need to register at John’s Landing before starting to fish; we will have a Barra Jacks banner strung up in the trees. It’s Catch and release only, so bring digital cameras and brag mats or some measuring device that can be photographed with fish. If you don’t have these items don’t worry, we’ll work some thing out. All competition eligible fish must come from the area between Lake Cooroibah and Lake Cootharaba.

This is an informal event, and carries no insurance ect. Just a little bit of fun to add a bit of interest to the day. My decision on results is L A W law. Come and enjoy.

To give an idea of numbers that may attend, if you could either PM me or post here your intention to come that would be great. If it needs to be postponed due to weather I can then PM you, but that’s unlikely, a few showers never killed any one.;D

Cheers Grant

sorry grant, actually didnt know about this weekend till now... work saturday and heading south sunday for a fish...sorry but future events , will be there with bells on..havent fished up that way for years...deano..

Didley
07-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Make sure if you’re going to buy anything for this weekend, drop into BARRA JACKS TACKLE WORLD NOOSAVILLE. They are supporting us spend your cash there. There just off the Noosa to Eumundi road on the way in. I was there last week and their great for advice and you might even talk them into a good deal on a bulk buy of lures, I did (only 5).
http://www.tackleworld.com.au/store_pages/noosaville.html

nuggstar
07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
ok im keen as but i dont no if i can landbase it there as iv never been, can you landbase fish there is so im in for sure or is the scrub to thick and do ya no how much it is to hire a canoe. im not planing on staying the night as its not to far to drive home to a few burbons

Didley
07-10-2008, 08:22 PM
ok im keen as but i dont no if i can landbase it there as iv never been, can you landbase fish there is so im in for sure or is the scrub to thick and do ya no how much it is to hire a canoe. im not planing on staying the night as its not to far to drive home to a few burbons

Nuggstar There is a bit of land based stuff, have a look at the photos I put up and I'm sure there will be a boat spot or two available 4 some of the time too. I look like having a spot in my boat but can't guarantee it. If you bring a bottle of bourbon with U there will be bourbon there;D. I think you might find a drinking partner there too.

nuggstar
07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
hehehehe in that case i might have to stay the night. i might be to drunk to feel the sand flys and mozzeys. do ya still get mud crabs up that way. that could make a great camp feed.

TheRealAndy
07-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I might have a vacant spot on my boat on the Saturday. Mate is supposed to be coming up Sat arv but not sure yet.

nuggstar
07-10-2008, 10:01 PM
awsome andy, i hope i can help ya with ya no jack problem too.

Nico.d.R
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
im going and so is my son and brandon h , we will be crashing at brandons in laws down the road . looking forward to it and i will see you guys there .

cheers nico

TheRealAndy
08-10-2008, 08:31 AM
awsome andy, i hope i can help ya with ya no jack problem too.

Cheers mate. Look out for the white polycraft.

BrandonH
08-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Great work guys!!! I knew Barra Jacks would help out;) They are a top bunch of blokes there, I would suggest everyone stop in for a yarn and some local tips b4 heading down to John's landing:) (Pete I think its time to get that Coffee Machine mate!!:P ). Nico and I will probably drop in Sat morning for some more Gladiator Prawns at least::)

I will be there with Nico and his son, we are thinking about an early session Saturday morning b4 meeting up at johns, will see how we go.

cheers
Brandon...

TheRealAndy
08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Great work guys!!! I knew Barra Jacks would help out;) They are a top bunch of blokes there, I would suggest everyone stop in for a yarn and some local tips b4 heading down to John's landing:) (Pete I think its time to get that Coffee Machine mate!!:P ). Nico and I will probably drop in Sat morning for some more Gladiator Prawns at least::)

I will be there with Nico and his son, we are thinking about an early session Saturday morning b4 meeting up at johns, will see how we go.

cheers
Brandon...

YUp, i need a new barra outfit for my NQ trip plus some lures for this weekend, so barra jacks probably going to make quite a few hundred outta me if they have the kit I am chasing!!

basskid
09-10-2008, 07:13 AM
OK i will be there to ...

I wont be fishing for jack(Smelly Bream) But i will still pop into you guy;s most likely as i get this sunday off and im taking dad fishing (he never ever fishes ever BAITO!) so we will be chasing some bream on lures ,,,, Firstly Cant wait ..... sounds mad;D

darylive
09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Well boys and gills I was contemplating going Friday to set up camp butt :happy:

Friday Saturday Sunday http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/chancerain.gif http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/mostlysunny.gif http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/mostlysunny.gif

Considering this :2thumbsup: I may leave it till Saturday morning.

BIG THANKS TO BARRA JACKS
THEY SHOULD CALL THE PLACE THE BLOODY CRAB POT. ONCE THEY GET YOU IN THERE IT IS HARD TO GET OUT! I HAVE CERTAINLY NEVER LEFT THE SHOP WITHOUT A BARGAIN ;D

DEANO, What are you thinkin? Jack Fishun, Come on now!

the gecko
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry I cant make it boys, Im busy packing up house to move soon. Im moving to hervey bay 21/10, and I cant get away this weekend. couldnt find a house at River Heads, so I picked one at Craignish. Looks like I'll be fishing Burrum River from now on. I hear they have a few jacks there.....

Have a top weekend boys. I pity the jacks at noosa.....

cheers
Andrew

darylive
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry I cant make it boys, Im busy packing up house to move soon. Im moving to hervey bay 21/10, and I cant get away this weekend. couldnt find a house at River Heads, so I picked one at Craignish. Looks like I'll be fishing Burrum River from now on. I hear they have a few jacks there.....

Have a top weekend boys. I pity the jacks at noosa.....

cheers
Andrew

Jack up the river and reffies and Barra around the mouth your grinnin ;D

nuggstar
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
OK i will be there to ...

I wont be fishing for jack(Smelly Bream) But i will still pop into you guy;s most likely as i get this sunday off and im taking dad fishing (he never ever fishes ever BAITO!) so we will be chasing some bream on lures ,,,, Firstly Cant wait ..... sounds mad;Dsure ya going to target bream will. i bet you get board quick and chase tarpon insted. i bet you wish you still had the dc for the jacks. oi bring ya fly rod too

TheRealAndy
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Well nuggstar my mate has pulled out so i definately have a spot sat and sun now!

basskid
09-10-2008, 10:19 PM
sure ya going to target bream will. i bet you get board quick and chase tarpon insted. i bet you wish you still had the dc for the jacks. oi bring ya fly rod too

I wont be At the Ramp or anything I'm Just fishing Noosa ... Should see a few guy's around .. Good luck all and i will see ya on the water sunday and im fishing with dad so i aint taking the fly rod !;D And yes dc .... DAMMIT ;)

nuggstar
10-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Well nuggstar my mate has pulled out so i definately have a spot sat and sun now! awsome awsome awsome, i should be there just after the suns up, gotta get some livies for just in case and get them befor the other guys do hehehe

I wont be At the Ramp or anything I'm Just fishing Noosa ... Should see a few guy's around .. Good luck all and i will see ya on the water sunday and im fishing with dad so i aint taking the fly rod !;D And yes dc .... DAMMIT ;) good luck with it mate, the bream have been biting too haha and im going this arvo so you wont do as good in the cannals :P ;D . i wanna see ya land one on that stinken fluro you use at the sheraton, just look out as the silver fast fish were busting there on sunday and they were only hitting the micro bait so dont put on ya suger there ok hehehe.

nuggstar
10-10-2008, 05:27 AM
i just hope this bit of rain we just got dose not put the fish off. see ya's all down there

Didley
10-10-2008, 10:16 AM
M&G Noosa, Weathers not looking great. I'll let U know more at 11.15am today (Friday), re. postponing or not.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif

Didley

darylive
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Did,

It's not raining here yet mate but I expect it will. As per my post last night I was contemplating heading there tonight but I can't see that happening now. the forcast is for rain tonight clearing :-/. so I guess we won't know what tomorrow bring till tomorrow. Fortunately for me I am only 45 min away.

I just spoke to a mate at Monduran and it is pouring up there. They have the big family comp this weekend were a lot of people catch and kill a heap of Barra. It wouldn't be all bad if was... ;D

But I suppose the stocking mob need the money?

Daryl

darylive
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
It just got worse:

Fri
Oct 10 Sat
Oct 11 Sun
Oct 12

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/rain.gif
Rain http://www.weatherzone.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/showers.gif
Showers http://www.weatherzone.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif
Possible shower

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/satellite.jsp?lt=radar&lc=008&img=sat&ane=1&anf=

TheRealAndy
10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
BOM is saying isolated showers. I am still keen.

BrandonH
10-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Same still keen!! a little rain never hurt anyone :p

darylive
10-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I am not trying to put any off!
I am not far away and always keen for a fish but if people are traveling

Didley
10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Ok Here's the call, The Competition is off:( but there is still a small M&G.

The weather report is looking slightly better than previously thought. Creek Vermin and Thirsty, are about to arrive there now(11.30am Friday), ffejsmada is local and keen 4 a fish, I'm going in the morning, and it sounds like a few others are still keen. So We'll be meeting up 4 a cuppa tea (or something) and a fish and will set a new date for a comp. If your still interested come along, if not we'll do it all again in a few weeks, hopefully more ausfishers will be available on the new date. But i think we might get a few tomorrow anyway.

Dids

Sunshine Coast
Forecast for Friday
Cloudy with a few showers, tending to rain at times. Moderate E to NE winds,
fresh at times.

Precis: Few showers, rain at times Max 22
UV Alert: 7:50 am to 3:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

Forecast for Saturday
A few showers. Mostly moderate SE to NE winds.

Precis: A few showers. Min 16 Max 24

Sunday A shower or two. Max 24
Monday Mostly fine. Max 25

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 pm EST Friday.

Didley
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
If your looking 4 us, just ask someone with a bow mount MinnKota on there boat and I reckon u'll be on the right track. I've got a topender with lots of stickers.

Dids

Ps. can't wait 4 that cuppa tea;D

BrandonH
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
hahahaha all I can say Dids is WEAK!!!! :P :P

Nico and myself will be there, a few showers won't put us off;) although I reckon he will be happy we don't have to only fish the John's landing streach of the river now!! lol If a lot of fresh water gets pushed down the Noosa that area may not be the best for fishing anyways...

So the cuppa/catchup still 10am at Johns landing mate??

cheers
Brandon..

Didley
10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
10 am sounds great Brandon, but don't put the billy on 4 me I'll be bringing my own medicinal tea for my affliction and I have it cold, Thanks.

BrandonH
10-10-2008, 12:23 PM
lol sounds interesting mate!!!! See you then ;)

cheers
Brandon...

darylive
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
The down pour we just had was bilge pump stuff and wind to match; Butt if it looks feesable in the morning I might see you there.

Blue over Silver Old Nissan GQ with a 385 Quinee, Maroon deck, Min Kotta hood ornament.

Nico.d.R
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
see you guys in the morning , nuggs where are you going for bait ? we are going to have a quick morning sesh around the woods and canals , i think most fish will be down that way with this fresh around , but i have only fished there once so i dont know how accurate that is .

cheers nico

ffejsmada
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
see you guys in the morning , nuggs where are you going for bait ? we are going to have a quick morning sesh around the woods and canals , i think most fish will be down that way with this fresh around , but i have only fished there once so i dont know how accurate that is .

cheers nico

Haven't had enough rain for that to be an effect.

abbot_86
10-10-2008, 06:04 PM
hey fellas im comin but wont be till a bit later in the arvo cause im working, wats the plan at night is everyone live baiting or talking s#it around a fire?? im up for either of the two! ...........

Nico.d.R
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
thanks for the tip jeff , how much rain does it normally take to effect the fish ? i still have never caught a good size gt yet thats also why im going there first .

cheers nico

ffejsmada
10-10-2008, 06:12 PM
We've only had 30 mm today at Boreen Point.

Last big rain we had, 110mm fell and that didn't seem to affect the river much either.

Seems when we get small or big local flooding, that certainly stuffs it for awhile, no doubt. All the silt and shit coming off the land.

Water will be good.

darylive
11-10-2008, 12:52 AM
So what's the report Gents? ;)

TheRealAndy
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
So what's the report Gents? ;)

I dont know about everyone else but I caught a lot of booze and not many fish. Was supposed to hit the water this morning but was too hungover. I think the ripples in noosa river would have made me sea sick. Was a tough drive home. I dare say diddley and crew where in the same boat (so to speak) after a visit to the yacht club or whatever it was ;D

Great weekend though, still a jack virgin. Johns landing was an experience I wont forget!. Nuggs and I discovered how big that bloody lake is when we crossed it to check out the upper reaches of the noosa river. Also did a bit of prop polishing in there!! Cant wait to get back! I plan to take the missus for a look too.

Nico.d.R
12-10-2008, 10:31 PM
mate if you take your missus there she wont want to go back ;D . the locals there were pretty freaky . on the fishing side of things i caught jack.....sh-t . unfortunantly my outboard started playing up on the way to noosa for a night fish with thirsty , creek vermin and dids , they caught a xxxx bar runner and a few stubby coolers from the yacht club and than returned to camp for some good old johns landing cat mournay ;D that dids fried up .

jeff next time you go for a swim wait till there is a camera rolling ;D , did you fish saturday night or today ? we headed home in the morning and didnt get to fish today because the motor .
had a good time dids thanks for organising it .

cheers nico

TheRealAndy
13-10-2008, 06:55 AM
I dont think I would be game to take my misses to jacks landing, I was thinking more along the lines of elanda or booreen points!

Didley
13-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeh, not too many jacks, Creek Vermin did his magic and pulled 3 I believe, but as 4 the rest of us ZIP. Nico had a break down, my boat had 100mm of premium grade petrol sloping around under the floor and nuggs having a smoke on top (so I think Nuggs and I had a very lucky weekend, all things concidered).
All in all we all had a cultural experince and a bloody good laugh, so it wasn't a waste of time, I'm glad I was there.
We'll get around to an other date soon 4 a comp, and perhaps a different venue, Maybe the Sheriton Hotel will do a deal, or the Rowing club, there very friendly and generous people.;)
Top weekend any way lads

Cheers Dids

P.S. some one just told me , apparently we got a few showers of rain too!

shayned
13-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry I missed it, I love a good hangover and I am very good at not catching fish. I would have been right at home.:) Dont forget me for the next one.

Great effort in organising the m&g Dids!!!!!

Didley
13-10-2008, 10:20 AM
, they caught a xxxx bar runner and a few stubby coolers from the yacht club and than returned to camp for some good old johns landing cat mournay ;D that dids fried up .

Just a note on the pre-mentioned XXXX bar runner and Stubby coolers from the Rowing Club, they were freely given by bar staff ( I think in an attempt to keep us there a little longer), not knocked off. But more importantly the so called cat Mournay, was an impressive meal fit 4 a king:(, come to think of it the Sheraton might be a bit to classy 4 u blokes to appreciate ;D

Dids

BrandonH
13-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Yep was a good weekend even though the weather wasn't playing the game:( It was great to meet some new blokes, have a laugh and share some tricks. You did well Dids!! keen for the next one hopefully with a fully functional Motor!!!

cheers
Brandon...

RAT-KING
13-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Good Stuff guys Sounds like a great trip!
I wish I was there! Couldn't get the time off work!
Cheers Simon

darylive
13-10-2008, 07:51 PM
;D glad you blokes had a good weekend.

It was tempting till the weather came up. :( Maybe it is just me, having been there and not living far away so I can go any time but the prospect of camping at john's landing :-X in the wind and rain :-/ some how lost out to a fridge, hot snacks and warm lounge in front of the Bathurst V8s.

Although it is further to travel up the river from Noosaville there is a civilized camp ground at Munna point, probably too civilized. 8-)

Elanda point is not a bad spot but there is only 6inches of water there at high tide and unless you really need your prop sharpened it is a long slow trip to the channel.

Creek Vermin
13-10-2008, 08:20 PM
;D glad you blokes had a good weekend.

It was tempting till the weather came up. :( Maybe it is just me, having been there and not living far away so I can go any time but the prospect of camping at john's landing :-X in the wind and rain :-/ some how lost out to a fridge, hot snacks and warm lounge in front of the Bathurst V8s.

Although it is further to travel up the river from Noosaville there is a civilized camp ground at Munna point, probably too civilized. 8-)

Elanda point is not a bad spot but there is only 6inches of water there at high tide and unless you really need your prop sharpened it is a long slow trip to the channel.
Definitely too civilized mate. Not far off a retirement village...:)