PDA

View Full Version : Priming Bulb Leak

West Coast Pom
20-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Probably an obvious answer but like to check with you guys: When left for a week or two without using the boat- there appears to be seeping (rather than a proper leak) from the priming bulb.

It also appears to be primarily the 2 stroke oil as opposed to the fuel (though i expect that the petrol has evaporated by the time i notice it).

The (quite possibly stupid) question is this: is there a plain and simple leak in the priming bulb (probably yes) or is this "normal" due to the pressure being held in the line when the motor is not drawing fuel? If so is it just a case of releasing the pressure somehow after use?

No sarcastic comments guys 'n girls :-[ I just like to check before i shell out for another fuel line/ bulb- I have changed parts before for $$$$ (like the throttle cable) only to find the solution was $0.50 (broken bush in the linkage)!!

Cheers all

WCP

Whitto
20-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Look the only advise I can offer is if there is any sort of leak...then replace the fuel line....put it this way it shouldn't be doing that......other than that run your motor out of fuel each time u use it....disconnect from your tank not the motor....if it was me I would change the fuel line.......Cheers Whitto

Mr__Bean
20-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Change the line as when the engine is operating it is probably sucking air through the leak, this can lead to a lean burn and engine damage in the worst case.

Not worth the potential savings, I would just replace it.

- Darren

West Coast Pom
20-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Cheers guys, as i suspected- don't like mucking about with things like leaking fuel!!

Off to the boat shop with me (it's going to be a great weekend on the ocean according to the weather!)

happy boating/ fishing!
WCP