PDA

View Full Version : Double island trip wed /thurs

wadeo
16-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Gday all,
With monitoring the weather on seabreeze and coastwatch monday and tuesday i rounded up saltrat and his father Barry for a DI trip departing noosa bar on the high tide wednesday morning and returning thursday morning on the high tide. After crossing the bar we set coarse for grounds north east of DI and craigo volunteer'd For the first driving stint leaveing me to check out the scenery for the first 2 hr travel in calm conditions.Arriving at our first spot saw craigo land a flounder to christen in the day with. Moving on a little we found good ground inwhich we drifted for small pearlies, maori cod and a legal grassy. From here we set sail for another 1hr travel out to some of the wider grounds where we found awesome structure and plenty of fish shows. Here the current made hard work even on the drift and the fish were biting very finiky. Around dark we set the anchor on two good bommies that were close together and started to get serious in filling the esky. With craigo and barry landing some great size moses perch and me working on our snapper bag. around nine oclock things were starting to work with me landing a pb mangrove jack of around 5kg. Barry an aj and craigo donating most of his tackle to the bottom. By midnight i'd past my snapper bag and craigo and baz had 1 or 2. At around 1am my deck winch started to come to life with a good amberjack of 9 kg and a good red of around 6 kg Which was the jack pot for me. After this things went very quiet except for craigo still losing gear on the bottom (one of those trips craigo) around 4 the wind got up a little so we set sail for noosa ariving at the bar at 7am with 30 fish and the need to sleep. Thanks again craig and barry hope you enjoyed the trip.

regards wadeo

Pistol_P
16-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Great Bag mate..!

Snapper,A red,Jacks....arrrgghh what more do want.8-)

Well done.

Pete

backlash08
16-08-2008, 11:00 PM
great color! great report
cheers

Benno1
16-08-2008, 11:16 PM
fan...bloody...tastic pics Wadeo!!!...that is a pealer of a jack :D...red is my new favey colour :P...the red emp being as equally as impressive as the jack btw...what did he fall victim too???...ganged floating pilly perhaps???...or maybe fresh strip bait???...sqid???...or plastics???
just wondering...in the 3rd pic there are some smaller fish on the bottom left of the red emp...what are they???
appreciate the pics and report thanks :D

(Mrs Benno1)

Vitamin Sea
17-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Nice Red and Jack Wade, some real quality fish.

That Moses is a horse as well, good on you, well done.

Bet you needed a good lie down when you got home!

Cheers

Bill

Fishing_Freddy
17-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Well done there are some great spesimens there.
Ken:beer:

lizard bribie
17-08-2008, 07:13 AM
:D nice work wade top quality fish that jack will taste mighty finecheers lizard bribie:P

skipalong
17-08-2008, 07:21 AM
nice work mate you must be one of many who scored fish up that way, have spoken to a few guys who have ventured that way the last few weeks with very little results, but well done on your catch,

dayoo
17-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Nice haul mate, love those red fish.

Cheers
Barry

jtpython
17-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Thats an awesome effort guys some horse fish there
Congrates and the weather was good too
JT

scoota
17-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Some cracker fish there Wadeo!!

Bet the filleting arm is sore;)

Scoota...

aerordauto
17-08-2008, 09:08 AM
gday wade and crew, thats a nice catch u boys have there.
There r some good size snapper and lovely red to go with it.
It helps when u can go fishing when the weather is good.
Mate i think this will be your favourite trip in the future.
cheers mark

Dean1
17-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey good work buddy good to see the weather behaved itself for ya. Was wondering how you went. Nice to see you ran your deckwinch in with some quality ;) It will make you even HUNGRIER for some more reds ;D Will have to do that trip with you sometime. Talk soon mate, Deano.

wadeo
17-08-2008, 10:55 AM
fan...bloody...tastic pics Wadeo!!!...that is a pealer of a jack :D...red is my new favey colour :P...the red emp being as equally as impressive as the jack btw...what did he fall victim too???...ganged floating pilly perhaps???...or maybe fresh strip bait???...sqid???...or plastics???
just wondering...in the 3rd pic there are some smaller fish on the bottom left of the red emp...what are they???
appreciate the pics and report thanks :D

(Mrs Benno1)
Gday they were striped sea perch or spanish flag. Nice eating if you can get them big enough these one were 36-40cm. the jack took a slimey and the red half a pilly. We did have a good variety of flesh baits too.

wadeo
17-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Nice Red and Jack Wade, some real quality fish.

That Moses is a horse as well, good on you, well done.

Bet you needed a good lie down when you got home!

Cheers

Bill
Gday bill hows things. Yeah was bloody tired when got home. Rekon with a few hrs sleep on board i could have gone another day but if i had too hehe. We dont have many grounds off DI so new grounds in a new area gives us a leg up for the next trip.
regards wadeo

wadeo
17-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey good work buddy good to see the weather behaved itself for ya. Was wondering how you went. Nice to see you ran your deckwinch in with some quality ;) It will make you even HUNGRIER for some more reds ;D Will have to do that trip with you sometime. Talk soon mate, Deano.
Thanks Deano love hunting new area's will have to do a trip up there for shore.
talk soon.
regards wadeo

Rosco4x4
17-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Well done boys, awsome catch. Nice pictures to boot.

Thorbsy
17-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Great Work Cob!!!

FISHING DON'T YA JUST LOVE IT !!

REELWORK
17-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Great catch mate. Good to see that if you are prepared to cover the miles, that good quality fish come aboard. Talk to you soon mate. Well done to you and your crew.

Big Scott'o

salt rat
17-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeh Wadeo sure was good to have a hot shower and sleep after that one.that sw wind had a bite to it.great trip all the same,and my tackle box is about a kg lighter, some of the fish up DI way will have some new jewellery hanging out of them he he! love the winch too. Craigo...

black_sheep
18-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Well done boys. Nice haul of quality fish there Wadeo - makes up for your last trip up there. I bet Craigo was happy to see you get that Red - seeing that he is still chasing a legal one:o ;). Looks like another session of retying all his knots for him>:( ;D .

wadeo
18-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah black sheep getting to know that area alittle bit more every trip. When craigo gets his first red i rekon it will be a whopper. How have the reefs been treating you?.
regards wadeo

scrubba01
18-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Wadeo
Nice haul mate you've gotta love those Reef Jacks, not too often you get one of them.:D Next time I'm heading up that way I'll send you a pm see if you are interested. Great to see you got a good reward for putting in the hard yards.

indy
18-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Nice work Wadeo great variety there still yet to get myself one of those reef jacks bet it would taste nice.

cheers pete...

TCSunCoast
18-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Great fishing and nice variety. There is some great country up that way and this is the time of year to do it.
Don't worry about the sleep.

Tony

black_sheep
20-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Craigo is well overdue for a big red. Maybe just tie on a 2ltr bottle of Heinz 'Big Red' tomato sauce mate ;) . As he can't catch fish, it would go with his chips - sure he'd appreciate that;D .

We fished the Sthrn Banks on Sunday for a mixed bag of 34 fish - mainly snapper, parrot and moses with a few pearlies thrown in.

Keep up the good work mate - will have to catch up one day at the ramp for a coldie - don't tell craig though:-X .

P.S. Just as well he's already serviced my car or I'd be in a bit of trouble:o ;) .

wadeo
20-08-2008, 04:54 PM
HA HA he goes good usually (craigo). He's always up there on the fish count if not on top. Fishes hard as but we all have our off days unfortunetly. Maybe he should wear all red clothes when where chasing reds hehe. I have good footage of him kicking my ass on the banks. That sounds like a good catch you got last sunday black sheep well done.

regards wadeo;D

seapup
21-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Nice work Wadeo a good mixed bag. Hope deep were you fishing?
Benny.

wadeo
23-08-2008, 09:48 AM
gday benny around 60m with bommies rising about 5 to 10m from bottom

backlash08
24-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Great color Wadeo - well done on a good trip
cheers - Craig

jarhead
24-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Top mixed bag, well done.

Cheers Wal