PDA

View Full Version : Last Trip on LIBERTY

ooglie74
16-08-2008, 06:17 PM
I headed out With Nigel and my Richard for a final adventure on LIBERTY before she is sold.
After a few dramas( a bad cut finger,Cut tendon and 5 stitches where administered after the trip) we headed on our way to shallow then deep tempest.
Landed a nice trag on a plastic 5kg.
We then headed upto hutchies stopping along at a few spots for a look,with not alot of joy.
Landed a nice snapper and lost 2 more due to knot failure.
So farewell LIBERTY and Bring on LIBERTY2 which is 3weeks away.
Thanks Nigel for another great trip hope your hand is a bit better and nat isnt giving you too much grief.lol

Cheers Troy

captain rednut
16-08-2008, 07:30 PM
well done troy! sorry to hear about nigels finger. ouch
cheers jim

ooglie74
16-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Jim I didnt see it at the time.Nigels wife is a gp and gave him a bit of a hard time.
But he told me later nothing was going to stop the trip.lol

Cheers Troy

skipalong
17-08-2008, 07:12 AM
nice snapps mate all on soft plastics

ooglie74
17-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeh skip all on plastics.

Cheers Troy

Dean1
17-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeh skip all on plastics.

Cheers Troy Dont ya miss the smell of bait on your hands troy ;D

ooglie74
17-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah a bit mate have been doin excellent on plastics mate so why use bait???lol
Have been taking both a few times and the better fish have come from the plastics so plastics it is.

Cheers Troy

dunny
17-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice feed nontheless , pity about the dramas. Troy what is Liberty currently and what is liberty going to be in 3 weeks?

ooglie74
17-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Have a look in the boats for sale dunny its an 8mtr 26ft southport boatworks usa centre console.Going to be a 28ft southport express.

Cheers Troy

Liberty
21-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Nice feed nontheless , pity about the dramas. Troy what is Liberty currently and what is liberty going to be in 3 weeks?

Hi Dunny

Liberty I is a 26' Centre Console made by Southport Boatworks USA. Beautiful boat and now up for sale. Twin 250s, 47 knots and a huge range. Full set of factory clears. Just brilliant offshore.

Liberty II is a 28' Express also made by Southport Boatworks. Its a bigger but family version with the same shaped hull. Not anywhere as much fishing room but at least we can microwave popcorn!

Southport make fabulous boats.

There's lots of info about Liberty I on the "boats for sale" section.

Cheers
Nigel

Liberty
21-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Jim I didnt see it at the time.Nigels wife is a gp and gave him a bit of a hard time.
But he told me later nothing was going to stop the trip.lol

Cheers Troy

A bit of a hard time? Sheesh, she had just stuck in the anaesthetic and started poking around inside when she asked "just how long were you fishing with this?"

You should have seen her face when I said "7 hours" ...

;D ;D ;D

Although the shoe was on the other foot the next day. It was 28 hours after the injury that I was lying in a hospital bed in a surgical gown on an antibiotic drip answering the same question to the Orthopaedic Surgeon.

He said "No problem, we see this all the time. We'll just be putting you under General Anaesthetic for a couple of hours, we'll cut open your hand more to get access and then cut off any remotely dodgy contaminated bits, then go through this really rigorous scrubbing protocol for half an hour and then spiral stitch your tendon back together. If there's any hint of damage to your bone, to avoid Septic Arthritis we'll shove in a wick and tape it all together for 48 hours, when we'll open your up again and do the whole procedure again just to be sure before we stitch it closed."

Ah.

Turns out fishing with a cut is a really bad idea...

::) ::) ::)

ooglie74
21-08-2008, 07:05 PM
All that and I got the snapper.
Should have been you.
My excuse is that I didnt want you to hurt your hand anymore.

Cheers Troy

Frank OO
22-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Hi Nigel, Sounds like you had a great time sleeping in Hospital

Frank OO

ooglie74
24-08-2008, 09:45 PM
You would think that being the bossman he just would take a few days off with out injuring himslef would you frank.

Cheers Troy

Frank OO
25-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Troy,

I am not sure if I would take days off for a piddly little finger or a cold, but I would definately take a few days off to go fishing.

Frank OO

reel scream
25-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey Troy- can you get the missus to take better photo's. Tell her to leave your mug out of the shots;D

Cheers Scott

ooglie74
25-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Just remember mate I have a few good pics of you.lol

Cheers Troy

ooglie74
25-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Lol frank wouldnt we all.

Cheers Troy