PDA

View Full Version : Got the runaway tuskie at the banks yesterday..

Dean1
16-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Well well hasnt Faron come back with success. Myself, Faron and a mate Rod headed for the banks 9.30 yesterday morning after tossing up on predicted weather reports. They were saying 15-20 2 metres but Ive proved them wrong many a time before so we thought we'd give it a crack taking advantage of the full moon. We were greated with 1m 10-15kts SW which made a decent run to my baitgrounds. Well I didnt have as much success in this area with my usual slimie loadup, got a few good shows but couldnt get the buggers on the jigs this trip >:( Got about 10 instead of our usual 100 or so. I didnt spend anywhere near as much time trying score them as I wanted to get out to the banks before the 2m 25kts change came through. When we arrived small models were been landed and lots of pickers. We scored some nice parrot but they went quiet so we headed wider. The only other boat I saw all day was a pro boat out at this wide area (90m) No show so we headed north. A few drifts and headed back to the original spot. Conditions improved throughtout the the day near glassing off. I put a report up here some time ago when one of my motors played up and came in on one motor where I mentioned Faron losing his $2000 combo over the side. Well he managed to catch a 4kg tuskie that my mate Bretto lost last week!! Well lets say it was the same one it sounds better ;D , but they are rare at this size. I scored a 6kg snapper on a floater, its so nice to hear your baitruuner going off :D Things got better around 4pm with wind picking up from 2 kts to 10kts. About 5pm it came alive but so did the wind!! We landed about 4 more quality snapper and Faron a nice pearly. The current picked up bigtime and now it was a stiff 25kts. It made a slow run home heading smack bang into a messy 2m MESSY swell. Great day out and lots of laughs. Motors ran alot better with the new props. A pic of Farons tuskie with the final catch photos to come. The pearly went 50cm to give you all an idea of the size. Man I love fishing!!!! ;D 8-) Deano..

Benno1
16-08-2008, 11:18 AM
shame about the lack of livies Dean...nm tho...you guys pulled in a quality bag of fish none the less...glad to hear your rig is running better as well... :D
"polly wanna damn cracker...NOW"!!!...that parrot is bloody HUGE!!!
well done boys...thanks for the pics and report Deano :D

(Mrs Benno1)

Angla
16-08-2008, 12:51 PM
That parrot is a cracker. Should feed the whole family.

You are a bit keen to get out amongst them with the forecasts. I looked Friday a.m. and thought I might stay close to land but could not find a deckie.

Chris

dayoo
16-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Nice report Deano. That parrot is a bloody beauty ::)only caught one that size and I have been fishing for 50 years. Is that the Pelagic rod attached to the baitrunner?

Cheers
Barry

Dean1
16-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Nice report Deano. That parrot is a bloody beauty ::)only caught one that size and I have been fishing for 50 years. Is that the Pelagic rod attached to the baitrunner?

Cheers
Barry G'day Barry, nah mate that is my 10-15kg Shimano T-Curve rod with the baitrunner on it for floatlining. Had my Tyrnos on the pelagic, one of the runners on the end fell out of my pelagic :'( Yeah that parrot is huge it fought like a big knobby. Talk soon mate. Deano

Dean1
16-08-2008, 02:14 PM
shame about the lack of livies Dean...nm tho...you guys pulled in a quality bag of fish none the less...glad to hear your rig is running better as well... :D
"polly wanna damn cracker...NOW"!!!...that parrot is bloody HUGE!!!
well done boys...thanks for the pics and report Deano :D

(Mrs Benno1) Ha ha cracked me up mate, Polly wanna damn cracker alright!! ;D ;D Yeah motors are pulling 23kts at 4800rpm now and feel better throughtout the rev range. Averaged about 1.4klms/litre. Cant beat the fresh slimies but we made do with what we had ;) Cheers.

Dean1
16-08-2008, 02:19 PM
That parrot is a cracker. Should feed the whole family.

You are a bit keen to get out amongst them with the forecasts. I looked Friday a.m. and thought I might stay close to land but could not find a deckie.

Chris Yeah Chris, but theres something bout owning a cat that makes your you know whats grow alot.;D Was pleasing to see it drop out during the day. You would have been pleased with it. Even tho it was rough as guts out wide, once we got about 12 klms offshore I was sitting on 25kts it was pretty flat, westerlies do that obviously. Cheers.

lippa
16-08-2008, 03:17 PM
you can go and get f ucked dean!!!!

i read the forecast to and went, bugger it leave the boat in the shed, and take the family for a day up the coast. had lunch at the marcola surf club, and over looked flat seas................................ to say i was cranky was an understatement. i tried calling you, but you were obviously out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f%^*k ya!

cracker parrot, looks like a hooker i met in sydney once!!!!!!!!!

you love those harry cod don't ya! ya never come home without a couple
i'm gunna boil the next lot i get. the reakon its awesome on sangas, just like crab aye.

cheers

lippa

Dean1
16-08-2008, 03:28 PM
you can go and get f ucked dean!!!!

i read the forecast to and went, bugger it leave the boat in the shed, and take the family for a day up the coast. had lunch at the marcola surf club, and over looked flat seas................................ to say i was cranky was an understatement. i tried calling you, but you were obviously out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f%^*k ya!

cracker parrot, looks like a hooker i met in sydney once!!!!!!!!!

you love those harry cod don't ya! ya never come home without a couple
i'm gunna boil the next lot i get. the reakon its awesome on sangas, just like crab aye.

cheers

lippa Never know unless you have a go my friend!!!!! Red harrys about to go on the bbq right now mate. As a sanga ;) Yummo..

kitty_cat
16-08-2008, 05:16 PM
got to love being a cat owner opens you up to making the call to catch fish a bit easier ( just go and see what happens) nice parrot

keenfishr
16-08-2008, 06:22 PM
well done...great catch...good when ya sneeak out and beat the weather...although it caught up with u on the way home!! cheers trav

ooglie74
16-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Nice tuskie and snapper dean.
Good to see you did well after ritchie g ing you up that he was coming with us.lol

Cheers Troy

Local_Guy
16-08-2008, 06:37 PM
whats that evil looking red fish you got there...

nice catch btw

TCSunCoast
16-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Dean,

Great effort, nice paroooots,

What are those silver models with the yellow backs, what are they like to eat?

Tony

Fishing_Freddy
16-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Looks like some nice weather in the pics, good looking catch as well.
Ken:beer:

dayoo
16-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Dean,

Great effort, nice paroooots,

What are those silver models with the yellow backs, what are they like to eat?

Tony

Tony,
They are called Southern Fusiliers or Bananaramas (nick name because the yellow patch on the back resembles a banana). Not bad on the chew.

Cheers
Barry

wadeo
16-08-2008, 10:41 PM
nice parot deano and great report. would have been wild and wooly out there friday night. well done
regards wadeo;D

Dougi
17-08-2008, 05:45 AM
gidday deano
i see what you mean about the parrot [nice fish]glad to hear the motors are running sweet.i didn't think you would be disapointed with them.like me you lost a little off the top end but at least now you got the fuel economy.
Kitty Kat it spot on , you can;t beat the cat
I will let you know how i get on up at 1770
cheers
Dougi

skipalong
17-08-2008, 07:17 AM
sure is as nice parrot mate, it didnt take long for that wind to come up, wewereout off noosa and you could actually see it coming.

Dean1
17-08-2008, 11:06 AM
whats that evil looking red fish you got there...

nice catch btw I always seem to catch a good size one mate. I call em red harry's. Red rod cod is the proper name i think. They are beautiful eating the flesh is so white, had it on a sanga yesterday their yummo. Cheers

Dean1
17-08-2008, 11:08 AM
sure is as nice parrot mate, it didnt take long for that wind to come up, wewereout off noosa and you could actually see it coming. Yeah mate the big fella upstairs turned the fan on in a hurry ;D Did you find they came on the chew just as the wind came up??

Dean1
17-08-2008, 11:10 AM
nice parot deano and great report. would have been wild and wooly out there friday night. well done
regards wadeo;D Mate it was like crossing a bar for 40 klms no joke. The pro boat stayed out there, dunno if they anchored it out or did a runner like us. Gee cats shine in these conditions dont they, Faron was impressed ;) Oh yeah and he beat you to the tuskie buddy ;D

littlemac
17-08-2008, 02:08 PM
great report and great fish, that parrot is monster

well done

cheers

brett

bigjimg
17-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Good to see that somone else had a crack given the forecast.Good effort with the catch those tuskies are good chewing.We bit the bullet and took Friday off and headed out to the 29's.After burying the bow a couple of times and having one crawl up the screen and giving us douse we called it and snuck back in before the
run out turned the passage into a nightmare,was still pretty interesting though.The sig handled it piece of piss.Got a groan or two from our Kiwi friend on board.He copped most of the sneaky water.haha.Better luck next time and Angla you missed nothing.Jim