PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Report

TCSunCoast
12-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi all,

Went to Waddy Point again for our yearly trip and this time took along a few more mates and another boat. Fished for a week and stayed at Waddy Lodge, had a fantastic time.
The boat gutter was perfect and easily done on return in the dark after a good afternoon session. High tide made getting 20ft platey's out a statch affair as the sand was powder soft. (F250's make good fuel/freezer/recovery trucks);D

We fished north and wide early in the week for good Wrasse, Parrot, Perlies, Cod and Sweetlip, nothing massive just consistant good quality. There were excellent bombies in 50m of water and droped very quickly into 100m and this is where the cod and bigger Wrasse were.
Everyone got smoked a couple of times::) including yours truely who was using a 700 Calcutta and 10-15kg Live Fibre. I have 50lb braid on it and 80lb leader. I was 2 lifts of the bottom and got smashed, quickly seeing the backing line within a minute and was screaming at the skipper to give chase. I got the line back and then spent the next 10 minutes in stand-off mode with the critter nodding his head on the bottom until he broke off>:( . Thats Fraser and I coped heaps of crap for not having the Snapper Winch and trusty broomstick out, oh well.

The run increased out wide as the week went on and it was sure hard to see huge shows go by as we were powering over the top with wind and current. We came home the last day in a 25kt SE wind as my self proclamed squall turned into the perfect storm.:-[

Millions of husser closer in north of Waddy and few good size snapper 8lb and reds 10lb but nothing massive this year. Didn't go south at all we were always right at the top of the North Gardiner's.

Plenty of tailor in the boat gutter as well, but nothing big.

There are some photo's attached including;

What not to do with your 4WD.
A picture of (from left to right) Indian Head, Middle Rock and Waddy Point for those who have never seen it from sea.
A parrot that was in the jaws of death until the shark realised it was a parrot and not a snapper and spat it out.
The view from Waddy Lodge with the boat gutter in the background.

Cheers

Tony

Benno1
12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
quality report and pics thankyou TC...nice of that man in the grey suit to scale your parrot for you :P

(Mrs Benno1)

Dean1
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds and looks like you had a great time excellent report, some nice fish there. Great time of year to be there, cheers Deano.

littlemac
12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
great report and even better catch

well done

cheers

brett

skipalong
13-08-2008, 06:57 AM
good report mate looks like you got heaps of fish well done.

backlash08
13-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Tony, thanks for the report, looks like a good time
cheers
Craig

kitty_cat
13-08-2008, 10:06 AM
mate unreel that you got so much quality husser and no reds iam sure they be there next time great report and pics