PDA

View Full Version : over the caloundra bar for the first time

Wax_head
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Went exploring the caloundra area for the first time today. First time over the caloundra bar and it is pretty shallow at the moment. Unfortunately the wind was blowing it's guts out again this moring but it has dropped out this arvo.

Tried the usual haunts like brays reef and the NW fairway marker but I was drift fishing and I was drifting to fast with a 15-20 knot ssw up my tail. Tried the Nuclear Chickens for the first time but no fish.

I'll have another go when the wind drops out. Think I'll give a miss tommorrow. Ekka show holiday so it might be busy. I'll wait till Friday morning and have another go. Have you got any good fish in close at caloundra?

Cheers Bicko

stinky-stabi
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
just at the tip near the light tower south of the bar..(snapper)
yes bar is very dangerous and has been for nearly six months ..very shallow and no channel... hit 200mm in the middle of the bar friday night...700 dollars damage..lol

tony

JayT
13-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey Bro,
No luck hey, I will pm you some marks to try around the 5mile an 12mile grounds, you may take home a feed at least!!!
Hey check this spanish my bro got sharked on at 17 an this nice hoo I scored a while back :)

Wax_head
13-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Jay, Man they are top fish. Still get a couple of feeds off of that Spanish. I'm better suited to macs. That's all I seem to catch in summer. Not to good at this bottom bashing. The pic below is of a couple of macs from curra's. Can't wait for the warmer water. cya Bicko