PDA

View Full Version : Townsville 16th & 17th aug

matmuller85
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I am keen to get a few boats together and go get some fish and have some fun. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Scott nthQld
13-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I'll be heading out on Saturday, launching around 5am from coastguard ramp, maybe earlier, depending on what the weather does to beat the crowds.

Dunno, if I'll have a spare spot yet, but may need one on short notice.

matmuller85
13-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Scott, where abouts are you headed. I will be pretty keen by then. i will be needing a crew aswell. i think dan is coming out but not sure who else is.

Scott nthQld
13-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Just over to Westpoint/burdekin rock area, may even head around the horseshoe as well. I won't be on the radio, but I'll have mobile reception all day in those areas.

Mainly be chasing some more mackeral, but will have a fish for some grunter, and other things as well. I'll be on the troll for at least a couple of hours too.

matmuller85
13-08-2008, 01:55 PM
If anyone wants i will probably have a spare seat on the boat. let me know if anyone is interested. pm me

Scott nthQld
13-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I will need a deckie for saturday Morn, anyone interested can PM me, I need to road test the new esky. about $20 should cover bait and fuel for the day, just bring your own gear, or I could arrange something.

Scott nthQld
13-08-2008, 07:36 PM
deckie spot has been filled

matmuller85
14-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I got a spot for one deckie leaving city ramp early saturday morning. Let me know by PM if your interest. Just need your own gear i will have bait or if you have your own fav bait and just some dollars for fuel. I have a 6m plate alloy xtreme with a 140 suzuki on it.

levinge
14-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Scott, you might have missed the boat if your thinking of 5am Coastguard could be full by then, especially if this weather keeps improving before Saturday. I will be leaving from Ross River pretty early, but might poke over to see you guys during the day. I will be monitoring VHF Ch 16/22 - Callsign "Hard Livin"

If I decide to go wider I'll try to get you a quick report from where I am. Could be Cape Cleveland, Weed Beds, Orchard Rock, Maggie Shoals, or some of the closer marks that I have.... OR I might just head over to you guys and pester you all day!!!!

Scott nthQld
14-08-2008, 01:24 PM
yeah, was thinking of that too. Will wait and see what the weather does as it gets closer, so I might end up making a call to leave earlier than expected. Might make my way out to Orchard rocks to begin with and work my way around the island, won't have an epirb so i won't be venturing too far out, does anybody have any marks for that side of Maggie that they'd like to share?

ronnien
15-08-2008, 09:30 PM
looks like a few boats goin out tomorrow, is this going to be a friendly comp?

ron.