PDA

View Full Version : 25 H.P. Seapro for a 3.7m Sea Hunter

Unlucky Jack
11-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Hello to anyone out there who may know if an old, good condition 3.7m heavy duty V bottom tinnie will take a new 25 HP two stroke Seapro, Merc outboard. The tinnie I have had for quite sometime and was originally made by Manta Craft, formerly of the Gold Coast. I used to have an old 15 H.P. Mariner on it but found it was underpowered once you put a few people on it with crab traps and other gear. The old motor has given up the ghost and I was looking at the 25 Seapro. Don't really want to go for a four stroke because of the extra weight to get the same horsepower. Someone has reccommended the Seapro to me. Some others say that the motor might be too big for the boat. Just not sure. I have had a 25 on the boat before but not for extended periods. Also I am just a new member and might not even be using this site correctly. Anyone out there that may be able to assist would be greatly appreciated.

kizza1
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
depends on how heavy duty it is.

the 25 is 17kg heavier, is the boat a short shaft or long shaft.
might be worth looking at a mercury 15super its in between the 2
the 25 can have the gasket removed from behind the carby to make it a 30hp then it will really scoot

Unlucky Jack
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, it will need a short leg on the motor and the boat is quite heavy duty, thanks for the info, will bear it in mind