PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest thing yesterday

Tassie JR
11-08-2008, 08:55 PM
hey all just thought id share what happened yesterday. We was out fishing yesterday when i got a snag so i tried 2 get it off and it wouldnt move so eventually i thoght id break my line and cut my losses, so my line broke but unfortunantly it broke near the tip off my rod so there goes 270 feet of line oh well 2 bad, so we kept fishing had a few more drifts over the spot got a few fish then i hooked up and i had a decent fish on so i get it half way up and then my line came to a dead stop so i knew i wansnt snagged as i was half way up then eventually it freed again i lost the fish but there was still extra weight there it was weird so i got my line all the way up and there was a fishing line wrapped round my gangs hello whats the go here i thought start pulling up the line and here comes a fish up with my old rig with 270 feet of line i couldnt believe it so that my story. btw the fish was a nice legal pearl perch i was happy i got my sinker and set of gangs back and a good keeper fish as well8-).

cheers tassie JR

Gagga08
11-08-2008, 09:04 PM
That is weird......Your story kinda sounds like you were hooked onto a very large ray. They have the ability to turn their huge wings side on to the current and use there body shape as a sail against the current, effectively 'snagging' you! However its also rare to ever pull a hook out of a ray due to their tough skin.

So basically I have no explaination...as you said weird!

Local_Guy
11-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I was fishing off the local rocks one day chucking metal spoons out for mackeral and salmon when i hooked onto something heavy, not much of a fight, but something was definately there.

as i pulled it in i noticed it was a relatively large ray, but my lure didn't actually catch the ray or foul hook it. instead on my retrieve i snaged the line coming out of it's mouth, indicating to me that someone had caught this ray within the last 2 or 3 days.

whats the chances of that.

CreelReaper
11-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Awesome capture mate. Did you go and buy a lotto ticket on the way home?? I would have hehe

fish-n-dive
12-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a "fishing story" to me mate..............lol ;D

For Steve
12-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Wow. What are the chances of that. You got back your line and caught a fish as well.

Hope your good luck continues.

Cheers
Brad

sharkymark2
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
My story doesn't have quite a happy ending :(. I was fishing off the Bedrooms beach and I got snagged. Couldn't believe that on a sandy beach I could get snagged. After persistent moving from one direction to another my line began to come in. Eventually I see my hook with some other fishing line wrapped around it. There must have been a 100 meters of the other line buried in the sand. :o

jtpython
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Got to love that mate
Jt

3rd degree
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Got snagged on some line near at Awoonga and did the right thing and pulled it all in and wammo a new Barra Classic on the end.

N

3rd degree
12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Hooked up on some line next to a snag at Awoonga and did the right thing and pulled it in and wamoo a barra classic 12+!

Not quite a pearly but quite handy considering I had lost one earlier.

Cheers

Jim

reidy
14-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Good day all,
Have caught trout that come with complamentry lures attached in Arthurs Lake a couple of times over the years.Thanks for the rapalas who ever you were there still in my box to this day;D
Cheers
Reidy