PDA

View Full Version : Arvo at the banks..

Dean1
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Guys thought Id put up a brief report. Left Kawana around 11am saturday for the banks to be greated with great conditions.
Pulled up at the bait grounds were I normally load but couldnt get a show. Continued on to the banks for another few miles and came across THICK shows. 100 slimey's later we headed for the northern banks.
My new f 60's ran sweetly but Ive gone one pich too low on the props causing a skiboat like feel, plenty of punch but only pullin 18kts at 4500rpm. Found a nice ledge and they started coming in instantly.
Excellent conditions and plenty of action made for an eventful trip. Lost ALOT of fish due to new 50lb Pretest leader which ill be ditching. Upgraded to 100lb but the action slowed, still managed 25 fish between 3. 10 snap/squire, 6 AJ's,3 pearlies,3 fusliers,2 parrot, 1 moses, yes woulda been 3 parrot hey Kel???? Bretto lost (Kel lost) a HUGE parrot 3-4 kg Bretto is still getting over it!! I caught my PB snapper at 7kg on paternoster, huge knob for the weight. Used 100 litres of fuel compared to the usual 150ltrs and that will get a touch better. Great trip Bretto and Kel, ill try to put up pics tho I cant load them up from new dig cam. Kel took about 9 fish which arent included in the pic.
Cheers guys, this weekend should be madness with the full moon, im out there if the weather behaves. Cheers, Deano..

Angla
11-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Dean, Good report. I should have set the sounder up better for reading while travelling at high speed but just went from spot to spot at speed, reading the bottom. (gain was too high to read the water in between). I was after livies so that I could use the pillies as berley trail.

Has to have been one of the best days fishing ever for my boat.

Waiting to see the pics.

Chris

scoota
11-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Looking forward to the pics Deano!!

Sounds like a great trip.

Don't know if this info will help but my mates KC will run flat chat all day and still pulls 0.65 litres per km. An average trip from bribie to Wide Cal is about 80 litres with max speed out of the 60 yammies of 28 knots. Litres / km will vary in conditions of course. Great fishing boat for inshore areas around here8-)

Scoota...

Dean1
11-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Chris I just sit on about say 12kts till I come across a show of livies. Just go that bit slower and youll come across em ;) Thanx Scoota, thats good economy, the big save is sounding around for new ground etc. were the old 70's were still suckin it in like no tomorrow. Once they free up theyll pull nice numbers. No luck with the pics just keeps saying upload error :-/ Ive downloaded shrinkpic. Hey Barry the new rod worked a treat call you during the week.

lippa
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
email me pics dean and i will upload them

dayoo
12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Nice report Deano. Waiting for the pics and your report on the rod.

Cheers
Barry

wadeo
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
good report deano sounds like ya had a blast. Glad ya happy with new donks. dont worry bretto about parrot i'll catch him for ya next time i'm out there.hehe.
weather is not looking real good for this weekend at this stage. I'm heading out of noosa bar tomorrow morning for an overnighter off DI. hope my trip is as prosperous as yours. talk soon
regards wadeo

DALEPRICE
12-08-2008, 07:26 PM
good stuff dean, that sounds like a fair fuel burn for what
you have done? or did you travell some big distances?

cheers dale

Dean1
12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
good stuff dean, that sounds like a fair fuel burn for what
you have done? or did you travell some big distances?

cheers dale Hey mate, well i headed out roughly 60klms and back quite a bit of sounding around after livies etc, new ground 5 hrs all up, I think the props didnt help. Still alot better than my 2 stroke 70's. I remember i used 100 litres years ago in my old seaferer for a mid banks trip. Motors have too free up a bit as well theyve only done 6 hrs. Cheers.

TCSunCoast
12-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Weather looked fantastic, great report and nice fish to boot.

Hope the weekend is good, we are heading out Wednesday afternoon if the weather holds.

Tony

indy
13-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Nice going dean congrats on your pb the new motors look a treat too, love the boat nice looking rig.

cheers pete...

DALEPRICE
13-08-2008, 05:53 PM
ok dean,
good stuff and boat looks great with the new donks
dale

backlash08
13-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Deano, well done with the trip, great to see the KC with the new donks - looking great and nice haul of fish as well,
suggest everyone might be home this coming weekend witht he weather, cheers mate
Craig

northernblue
13-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Good bag deano. Glad it's all coming together for you.
Tight lines

Dougi
17-08-2008, 05:55 AM
hey deano
those motors look familiar,nice looking rig,will tee a trip up together when i get back from 1770
cheers
Dougi

TimiBoy
17-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Nice day, well done. Geez, am I looking forward to posting a report or what? Have to go fishing first... maybe this week...

Cheers,

Tim