PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter Yeppoon Clasic

MY ALIBI
11-08-2008, 01:48 PM
hi guys got a few pics from my alibi"s trip, i was heading to morsby banks, with the weather the way it was i decided not to go the distance and try other spots a bit closer in ..>:(

put boat in about 7am to yeppoon harbour not as chocked as i expected,headed to ward man @ wife rocks stoped ther for a while no fish:o .moved on to barren moved around a few times and to east side of the child very sloppy conditions still no fish,i wasnt happy then local ausfisher YAPOON had a floater out it took off LIKE A ROCKET it was a bit of a fight got it on the deck a nice shark mac about 90cm long.
then decided to make a move it was around 12pm as this was only fish cought after 4 hrs .we went to southern end of furns from spot to spot & nothing, still sloppy & a steady 15 knts from sSE, went to a spot up manifold & flat area where i knew we get some fish there, sure enough 5 mins, up comes a nice trout 1st of 5 for trip by this time nearly dark and all gone quiet. up with pick move to a spot for REDS for the night and then ther were heaps of reds but no keepers though lots of juvies or just under:( . pleanty of lippers of good size grassy & red thr and got into a school of red jew , parrot fish , finger mark and stripy"s, i was happy with what was cought all my crew had a good time eventualy woke to calm conditions for the run home and stopped on the way for a look at some humpback whales . over all a good trip and didnt get to where the reds are but theil be there for next trip to the banks........;D

here are some pics of the trip hope they work.....
till next time cheers ausfishers

Local_Guy
11-08-2008, 02:47 PM
well done. did you get your name on the board with any of the fish caught, or win any of the random draws.

Allan always seams to catch things on his floater...

nice catch with all those reds though... well done

jtpython
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Good stuff mate you did well
ahad a lot of mates doing not getting much hit and miss the SW strikes again maybe ........
But you done good for a feed but like you said had to work for a feed
AWWWWWW i see a smokes packet on the boat mate ....... i can't have anyone smoke on my boat
Thats how i bought mine i gave up smoking
JT

MY ALIBI
13-08-2008, 10:08 AM
all got a few hits on his floater only naild 1 though, mate jt they were allans smokes i gave em up one year ago on 13 sept when i had me opaeration,,,. they can smoke on me boat out back ,,,,

got a heap of red jew and trout turnd out good after all but i didnt end up goin in comp prob should have we done all right hey... but better next time REDS i hope

skeeter
16-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Way to go Al but did you win any tight lines prizes?

Peter