PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Suzuki DT 25 Outboard

fishyjoe
11-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any information in relation to:

where I could get a service manual for the above engine either hard copy or online( to buy a new one costs approx $60)
suggestions on the best way to flush fresh water through the motor either with muffs or without. I currently can not get this happening yet it when I am running it in the water the flow is present whether in neutral or not.
Regards

Joe

Scott Ashe
11-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi Mate,

If your a member of your local library, it may be well worth asking there. I borrowed a workshop manual for my previous motor (1996 Johnson 15) from my local library in Cleveland (BRISBANE)

Cheers
Scott

Waraba Mick
11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
HI Joe, those mid 80s suzuki have a removeable screw in the lower leg, you unscrew it and screw in a special fitting and put a garden hose on that fitting, turn on the hose and start the motor. When finished remove special fitting and replace screw. I used to own a dt 25 and did have a bit of trouble buying the special fitting but did get one eventually.

Mick.

fishyjoe
12-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks Scott and Mick for the suggestions.

I will check with the library re the manual, in the mean time Mick could you expand a little on the attachment and where to attached it?

Thanks again on the help

Joe

Waraba Mick
12-08-2008, 09:05 AM
HI Joe, from memory ( my DT 25 went to heaven in 1999) the attachment screwed in above the cav plate on the starboard side of the motor.Mine had a removeable screw with the word WASH next to it, this is where the fitting screwed in.I still have the fitting, its yours if you have trouble buying one.

Mick.

fishyjoe
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks Mick,

I think I know the screw you are refering to. I would be happy to pay for the part.

Joe

Waraba Mick
13-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Joe, the fitting cost me a few dollars a long time ago, carnt see me needing it again and i would be happy to see someone get some use out of it. As i said if you can use it its yours, no charge. Iam located Caboolture QLD. PM me if you want to pick it up or arrange postage.

Mick.