PDA

View Full Version : Trag Dew Off Goldie

gawby
10-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Had a late start from the Grand Hotel ramp at about 5pm and
headed out to spot x again with my son David.
Threw out a bouy on our mark and then got the wind direction
right and then out with the anchor and bang on the mark. Using the bouy
in the dark made it a lot easier to hit the mark.
Very little current but about 10 plus wind and a bumpy sea.
In come the trag dew and after about 2 hours we had our bag so we thought
we would keep trying for a couple of snapper but the trag kept coming up and back to the water they went.
We were going to stay out the night but you couldn't sleep in the slop so we headed back to the bradwater where the temp dropped and was quite cold
so home we went.
No complaints with the 10 trag all 50cm plus.
Graeme;)

maztez
10-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Good onya Gawby ...while your at play I'm having to be at a 60th birthday party for my cousin and enduring stories re you on the job from another cousin in the old Isa and Boulia days etc . Things are ok tho mate ,I stuck up for ya ....hahahaha
not a bad haul hey and no burley ...good on ya .
cheers Terry

iricangi
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Nice catch! :) Keep hearing reports of jew in the papers but havn't seen any post yet, i keep getting the snapper and missing the jew!

thelump
11-08-2008, 03:19 PM
What is the legal size for Trag in QLD?:-/ I know its only 38cm in NSW. I can never seem to get one bigger than about 35-40 on the Goldy:'(

Grunter71
11-08-2008, 03:50 PM
What is the legal size for Trag in QLD?:-/ I know its only 38cm in NSW. I can never seem to get one bigger than about 35-40 on the Goldy:'(

38 up here as well. Are you getting them in close or out deep? They are one fish that I never seem to catch undersized ones.

nigelr
11-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Beautiful feed of fish there Gawby, particularly nice on the tooth!
Great tip re the bouy, ta!
Cheers.

gawby
11-08-2008, 07:03 PM
A mate of mine put me onto the bouy idea
and it worked realy well.;) The only problem was finding it again after doing the drive off anchor retrieval.:-[ Disn't want to leave it there.
They were all 50cm or better and were on the bite.:o
Anywhere on the 24s off southport should produce these;D

Next time i drop the bouy i will put a small pole on it with a reflective flag
to make it easier to find.

Graeme;)

benfisho
12-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Nice catch! :) Keep hearing reports of jew in the papers but havn't seen any post yet, i keep getting the snapper and missing the jew!

hopefully this satisfies your taste mate

maztez
13-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey Benno I'm guessing those pics were taken at the Grand hotel ramp the same night the fisho boys and girls did a full check .
I was waiting for Gawby and Brejen and David to come in .
I said at the time what a beautiful jew had been caught .Great to see mate ,congratulations.
cheers Terry