PDA

View Full Version : Snapper on SP's only Wide Cal

scoota
10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Just can't resist the brilliant weather lately and just got to go even though the brownie points are all gone and the doghouse now has my name on it;D

Took "Mi Lady" out for a stretch, thanks Marty for use of the boat again, with Lizard Bribie and Kevy onboard to see if the big snapper were still about at Wide Caloundra.
Livies were nonexistant at the usual spots but plenty of fresh bait and the "Gulps" of course.
Same as last week with plagues of just under pearlies and small squire but lots of fish boated and returned with a few keepers amongst them with SP's catching the keepers.
Anchored on a good show on dusk with little current, floaters weren't any good, pearlies still small on plastics and baits, could be an early night:-/

Then the current picked up a touch with a little northerly and one of the floater plastics went off with kevy onto a 7kg Knobbie.
Then they came on and except for two hit and misses on the floaters, all they would hit on was the 7" gulps. I went through a packet of Pink Shine which I have never used before, always been a nuclear chook fan, and by the time number nine hit the deck I said to the boys you can sport fish now cause the esky is full!!

The call was made for home and a cruisy trip back to Bribie with a very happy crew8-)

Couple of PBs with 8.1kg snapper on SP's now my best.
Mick with a 7.2kg now his all time PB snapper.
Kevy with his first ever fish on SP's with pearlies earlier and a 7kg snapper to top it off.

Happy Days..

Scoota...

lido76
10-08-2008, 01:52 PM
some good fish there scoota I am in the dog house at the moment too. you get used to it though. Just goes to show all women are the same they just live in different houses. Didn't you know if you have fun don't tell them because its just not on. Good fishing mate see you out there sometime. CHEERS BRENDAN

Tim_N
10-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Great stuff Scoota. What size jigheads were you using?
Tim

SummerTrance
10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
great size snaps boys, well done! Go the SPs!

indy
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Great quality there scoota well done

skipalong
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
excellent fish mate

Angla
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Top stuff Scoota. You did better than us with size but we also found the snapper going hard on the Nukes and the Satay Chicken too.

Our best was 80 cm. Do you know what sort of weight that would be. Our scales are stuffed.

Chris

scoota
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Tim_N
11/2 ounce TT jig heads. Have heard on Ausfish of TT jigheads snapping under load and actually snapped one removing it from the last fish.It has caught 12 big snapper so I wasn't to concerned but have bought Nitro jigheads and will try them soon.
Angla
I measured the 8.1kg snapper this morning and it was 84cm long so I reckon yours was probably mid seven kg. Good fish:thumbup:

Scoota...

Spot82
10-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Some very nice snapper there, looks like you boys had a cracker of a session, well done. Thanks for the report

Anthony

lizard bribie
10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
;D scotta over my 46 years on the ocean i have fished with some great fishermen barra bob bob@billy greenhill kev walsh kev carlaw@a few other top fellows but last night you taught me how to fish for snapper top night mate thanks to kevie blooka for the use of mylady top night great conditionsgreat crew thanks scoota cheers lizard bribie:) :P :'(

Fishing_Freddy
10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
There are some nice specimens in that catch well done
Ken :beer:

kevy
11-08-2008, 07:34 AM
thanks scoota for a great night & a lesson on plastics having had no success on previous outings. great night, good company & a full esky .cheers, kevy.

Horse
11-08-2008, 07:51 AM
There are some quality fish there Scoota. Its amazing how well the placs work.

Cheers

Neil

reel scream
11-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Nice fish there Scoota. Wish i had left the boat in the water and followed you out.

Cheers Scott.

keenfishr
11-08-2008, 11:08 AM
lovely lookin snapper scoota!!! All top quality!well done. cheers trav

jarhead
11-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Some top quality snaps mate, well done.

Cheers Wal

SgBFish
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Awesome quality Scoota. Some real fat ones in that lot.

Scotee