PDA

View Full Version : l just wana say thanks !

Awoonga
10-08-2008, 09:21 AM
As a few of you know l am between boats at the moment.{.Only nine days to go } And being a sufferer of Ibd and living so close to Awoonga it would have been extremely hard to get through these past 12 weeks without some kind of fishing therapy. So a great deal of thanks goes to Scotty {Vet } Who said "take my boat" !.. So for the past few weeks l have enjoyed fishing from the little green poly.. Also to Johnny Mitchell who l have shared some precious times on Awoonga sharing his thoughts about this great fishery ......Thanks Guys

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, Shouting... "Yea, what a ride!"

SeekingBarradise
10-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Trev nice touch mate.

It's nice to see a couple of good blokes & locals lending a hand to get you out on the water for a spot of Barra Fishing. There has been more than the odd Barra caught on Barra Dams by those 2. Pretty good company to have i reckon.

All the best and i hope your boat arrives sooner than later.
Cheers Lyndon.

Lucky_Phill
10-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Trev, good to hear from you and hope the new rig serves you well.

The Ausfish ( Agnes / 1770 M & G ) clan will be making our way up there early October as usual.

Should the offshore weather Gods not be kind, we will heading the the big " A " for another shot at the ' meter ' club.

We'll keep in touch. I think that ' blaze ' may be teeing up with Johnny again this year... dunno !!!

Cheers Phill

Barraboss
10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Trev,

I think that is a big part of what fishing is all about.... Mates....

Good on the guys for helping a fellow sufferer out in times of need.

Round of applause to you, and anyone who has done something similiar

A big cheers

Matt

Whitto
10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Nice words Trev, It would have been completely out of order if good friends and like minded people would have left u on the lurch mate.........u are always assisting us one way or another on this forum......We are all waiting to see this new weapon when it gets on the water......we expect piccies of every angle down the track.......Cheers Whitto:D

Obi _ Wan
10-08-2008, 03:28 PM
G'Day Trev, well said mate, i reckon it's all about exactly what Matt said,

Fishing and Mates, it's good stuff, true friendship.

And well done Scotty and Johnny, thanks.

Cheers,
John.

Big_Ren
11-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Good onya bloke.

8 days now and counting. Hopefully you don't experience the same troubles I've had tracking down all manner of spare parts....trailer hub kits, even spare bungs etc.

Look forward to seeing your rig in October. You can lead the way and show me where I can refine my techniques on the resident catfish::) .

Cheers
Paul

NAGG
11-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Well said Trev ...... You were pretty fortunate to have mates that could help out in a time of Crisis ( I couldn't imagine you not fishing for barra for 10 weeks:'( )

I think that word "Kama" comes into it!

Great stuff & we are all looking forward to seeing the new rig

Cheers

Chris

tiges
12-08-2008, 07:58 AM
OOOHHH!!! Very exciting Trev. As Chris mentioned, sure the boys know, what goes around comes around (plus they really wanna deckie on your new rig:D ).

Just wondering if while you've been boatless whether you've given it a shot at any land based locations;) .

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
13-08-2008, 10:24 AM
7 days and counting. I doubt you have missed many days fishing the lake in the last few months on Awoonga Trev. From pulling rabbits out of hats to talking current flow, wind effect, and variables and triggers and creations and all that other in depth talk that takes weeks of conversation to really click into, plus the 'real' rabbit island, anchors on snags, sinking fishing rods, live talk to cameras, lunches and coffees at flash dining areas, shoes on feet to get in, paddling home under electric power, hour long phone calls and so on, the list is endless; and yeah, time is precious.
Hours have gone by, and plenty more are to follow.
JM

NAGG
13-08-2008, 10:42 AM
7 days and counting. I doubt you have missed many days fishing the lake in the last few months on Awoonga Trev. From pulling rabbits out of hats to talking current flow, wind effect, and variables and triggers and creations and all that other in depth talk that takes weeks of conversation to really click into, plus the 'real' rabbit island, anchors on snags, sinking fishing rods, live talk to cameras, lunches and coffees at flash dining areas, shoes on feet to get in, paddling home under electric power, hour long phone calls and so on, the list is endless; and yeah, time is precious.
Hours have gone by, and plenty more are to follow.
JM

And that was just yesterday ...... Right;)