PDA

View Full Version : Knot Tying & Jighead Making M&G Round Up

Poodroo
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Something that is becoming more and more apparent to me is that time is moving faster and faster as I get older and the Knot Tying and Jighead Making M&G which only seemed like a thought a short time ago has now been and gone. The group that came along was a small but quality group and I am sure we all had a reasonable time as fishermen do when they get together. Attendees included Scalem, Lucky Phill and daughter Brooke, Whynott, Dogsbody, Mr Benji, Aussie Spirit, and MattChew. Everyone seemed to bond immediately and I think as per usual I can safely say that true to Ausfish community spirit we all enjoyed one another's company. We shared a few knot tying sessions together, watched a very impressive dvd of Nugget landing a spanish mackeral on the beach at Fraser (Thanks Graham for bringing it along), and we all enjoyed and watched on as Scalem shared his knowledge of making D.I.Y. jigheads and showed his skill in doing so. Jigheads made were called a "Darter Jighead" using both 2/0 and 3/0 Gamakatsu Finesse strong wire hooks. The end result were as good as what you buy in the shops and I think those who turned up were at least moderately impressed. As each person left and the afternoon marched on we dwindled down to just Dogsbody (Dave), myself, Lucky Phill, and Scalem so we decided to manufacture a few more jigheads over a few drinks and nibblies and some friendly banter. Thanks again for those who turned up. I hope it was benificial to you and that you learned something new. Something I learned is that Dave was not kidding when he was saying he makes a mean crab dip. :o ;D

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090002.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090003.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090005.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090009.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090007.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090008.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090010.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090014.jpg
Even the kids had a good time!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/P8090018.jpg
Just some of the jigheads that were made.

Regards,

Poodroo

reddybayfisher
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Those jig-heads do look professionally made - well done.....

Scalem
09-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice round up Poodroo, good photos too, anad thanks for the hospitality

I find swapping stories and discussing how to fight big fish gets me a little over exuberant, demonstrating how to fight the fish, then I look around and realize you guys already know all that sh!t, so appologies.::) ;D

Dave, I hope you don't think its the same as asking for the secret spot X coordinates, but you will have to post up your ingredients to your crab dip here.;D

PLease let me know how your sample jig heads go.

Scalem

whynott
09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Andrew, Trudy and Brian for your hospitality, and passing on your knowledge.
I didn't do much knot tying, but I would say a good time was had by all.
Graham.

Poodroo
10-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Those jig-heads do look professionally made - well done.....
Scalem and I have been making them for a while now and we can make 100 jigheads in a session and the end result is very satisfactory. Best part is how much we save on them.

Nice round up Poodroo, good photos too, anad thanks for the hospitality

I find swapping stories and discussing how to fight big fish gets me a little over exuberant, demonstrating how to figh the fish, then I look around and realize you guys already know all that sh!t, so appologies.::) ;D

Dave, I hope you don't think its the same as asking for the secret spot X coordinates, but you will have to post up your ingredients to your crab dip here.;D

PLease let me know how your sample jig heads go.

Scalem

Scalem tha crab dip is something else eh? The taste is nothing short of amazing but how fast it vanished oddly around about the same time Lucky Phill arrived is even stranger????:o :-X ::) ;D

Thanks Andrew, Trudy and Brian for your hospitality, and passing on your knowledge.
I didn't do much knot tying, but I would say a good time was had by all.
Graham.

No worries Graham. Knowledge? Oops that wasn't meant to happen. If we keep parting with our knowledge we will have you catching fish on plastics and have you converted from the stinky stuff in no time. ;)

Cheers,

Poodroo

Lucky_Phill
10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Cheers Andrew for the invite and thanks to Trudy for the " Homebaked " cake :-Xand nibblies ;D

Thanks to Sheray for letting Brooke play with the pet Cats and Lizards etc.

Now about that Crab Dip recipe...... it's needs way more chilli Dave... :o

Sorry I missed the " professional fishermen " who were there to demonstrate the knot tying... ::) 8-) really wanted to get that " Slimbeauty " down pat.

Those jig heads are turning out a treat Andrew and Brian and as explained, I reckon the " Glitter " will do the trick. ;)

cheers Phill

dogsbody
10-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Big thanks to Andrew, Trudy for the hospitality, thanks to Brain for the excellent jig show and the samples, thanks to the other members for the chinwag. A good bunch of blokes and twas a enjoyable day.

Now i just got to convert the info ands jigs into something pink :-/

No need to post the receipe up as it's been in your computer for a while now. Just have to know where to look ;)

Thanks again.

Dave.

Lucky_Phill
10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
for those that can't search !!!!!!

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=100779

still needs more chilli, Dave......IMO ;D ;) ( Haberneros )

dogsbody
10-08-2008, 10:40 AM
There's no chillies in it Phill. But i think it would go well with a few crushed and mixed in the sauce.

It would give a new meaning buy saying it's a mean dip ;)

Dave.

whynott
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry I missed the " professional fishermen " who were there to demonstrate the knot tying... ::) 8-)
cheers Phill.

I got there just before you Phil, and I missed that too!!!!!
Oh Well!!!!
I should have been on time...

Graham.

whynott
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
No worries Graham. Knowledge? Oops that wasn't meant to happen. If we keep parting with our knowledge we will have you catching fish on plastics and have you converted from the stinky stuff in no time. ;)

Cheers,

Poodroo

I am still not convinced!!!!!
I am still willing to have another crack at it though!!!
Graham.

Scalem
10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Cheers Andrew for the invite and thanks to Trudy for the " Homebaked " cake and nibblies

Now about that Crab Dip recipe...... it's needs way more chilli Dave...

Sorry I missed the " professional fishermen " who were there to demonstrate the knot tying... really wanted to get that " Slimbeauty " down pat.

Those jig heads are turning out a treat Andrew and Brian and as explained, I reckon the " Glitter " will do the trick.

cheers Phill
I think the dip was meant to be eaten with crackers wansn't it Phil??;D ;D
I didn't take you guys seriously when you were talking about slimbeauty, because in the next sentence you were talking about failing eyesight and not being able to tie her in a 25knot wind, so it sounded too hard. You were talking about knot tying weren't you?:-X
I got home and tried using the glue gun on a naked hook, and presto! A reasonable presenting Jighead that sinks very slowly. But then I can glue in little sinkers ..... Nuf said, I might have to register a patent before i give too much away!!::)

Now i just got to convert the info ands jigs into something pink

Dave.

The pink things are a guarantee with those jigheads Dave, or your money cheerfully refunded!!;D ;D
Whynot, the weather is looking good wed show holiday!:P
Scalem

Poodroo
10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Cheers Andrew for the invite and thanks to Trudy for the " Homebaked " cake :-Xand nibblies ;D

Now about that Crab Dip recipe...... it's needs way more chilli Dave... :o

Sorry I missed the " professional fishermen " who were there to demonstrate the knot tying... ::) 8-) really wanted to get that " Slimbeauty " down pat.

Those jig heads are turning out a treat Andrew and Brian and as explained, I reckon the " Glitter " will do the trick. ;)

cheers Phill

Big thanks to Andrew, Trudy for the hospitality, thanks to Brain for the excellent jig show and the samples, thanks to the other members for the chinwag. A good bunch of blokes and twas a enjoyable day.

Now i just got to convert the info ands jigs into something pink :-/

No need to post the receipe up as it's been in your computer for a while now. Just have to know where to look ;)

Thanks again.

Dave.

No worries Phill and Dave. I enjoyed having you guys over.

regards,

Poodroo

For Steve
10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
It sounds like a good day was had by all. Congratulations to Andrew, Brian and all those involved for putting on a successful day.

Wish I could have been there to join in the fun. Family commitments kept me away. Maybe I could book in for some private tuition.

I can vouch for the quality of the jigheads - I'm a happy customer. They'll have you seeing pink in no time.

Regards
Brad

Poodroo
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
It sounds like a good day was had by all. Congratulations to Andrew, Brian and all those involved for putting on a successful day.

Wish I could have been there to join in the fun. Family commitments kept me away. Maybe I could book in for some private tuition.

I can vouch for the quality of the jigheads - I'm a happy customer. They'll have you seeing pink in no time.

Regards
Brad

If you are happy to come onboard HMS Poodroo you are always welcome to do so.

Poodroo

Aussie Spirit
12-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Having now been converted to fantastic plastic, it was great day to meet people with like minds of fishing comes first.
As I said in the PM sent to you at the weekend, thanks to all for the hospitality and the crab dip, it really did become a feeding frenzy for the crab dip.

Cheers again
Aussie Spirit.

5.2 Formosa Rego: NT282Q.

Poodroo
12-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Having now been converted to fantastic plastic, it was great day to meet people with like minds of fishing comes first.
As I said in the PM sent to you at the weekend, thanks to all for the hospitality and the crab dip, it really did become a feeding frenzy for the crab dip.

Cheers again
Aussie Spirit.

5.2 Formosa Rego: NT282Q.

You're most welcome. Was my pleasure. Hope to meet up again soon. Going out on the water tomorrow to test out my new knot and hopefully the BIG one will not get away this time. I don't want anything as big as the one that bricked me last time, I only have a 60 litre esky so it has to be able to fit in there. :P Glad you had a good time at the M&G. Chat soon.

Regards,

Poodroo