PDA

View Full Version : arvo plastics

gillogs
09-08-2008, 06:09 AM
report bit late better late than never...decided for quick fish after work last sunday,left beach at 4pm,great sea conditions with very slight easterly,moon right, perfect drift over reef that produced many times before.....every drift produced the goods,absolute red hot bite just about every type of colour and type of plastics produced the goods. if only all quick trips in close fired up like this session!!!back at beach just on dark back on trailer by 5.45,with the noise of braid singing through my mind...best two fish went 6kg and 5kg. off to boat show in sydney to search for new beach launcher back home late that night....very bad case of snapperitis,so sickie on tuesday back onto reef tuesday arvo and another spot 1km further out,still only 4km offshore furtherest mark and fish still only too willing to co-operate...only this time a couple off unstoppable missiles mixed into bag....had one on for quite a while thought i had it beat,the other one smashed rod as i was neting another fish,lucky rod is still in one bit!!!that is what ya get for fishing a few rods i suppose,the light colour plastic seem to be doing the job for me lately especially the straight tailed bass assasin in the alewife colour,got a few on the 6" gulp grubs also especially on the drop,that spinning tail does the job, lucky to get the bail arm closed if drift allows ya to free spool the line when the hit,cant tell me that sent ha much to do with that senario when it occurs.sorry for long winded report,get foggy to send pics of both arvo sessions,thanks couz,check out sea conditions on second arvo,sounder showing good shows of fish also, wish all fishing sessions where like these two trips. cheers gillogs.thanks for sending pics foggy

foggy
09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Sundays pics

foggy
09-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Tuesdays pics

ddobson
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Hey i might have snapperitis as well cause all and night i think of those big runs and blue spots. I hope a good bag like that will cure my problem. Well done and so close to shore in a small tinny like mine. I almost felt like i was there as i read your post. Well done.

Wayne_Red
10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice catch, where do you guys fish from?
Wayne

gillogs
11-08-2008, 07:12 AM
wayne-red we fish from nid north coast nsw