PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga No.1 Hardbody

volvolurecaster
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
hi fellas,
i will be spending a week at awoonga in oct. i have all the usual barra armoury but as a new comer to barra fishing i like to keep things simple & concentrate more on technique, so i will fish surface, plastic & hard body but probably only a couple of each. if you could take one hard body lure to awoonga what would it be ? & what colour ? look forward to replys
cheers,
brett

BR65
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmmmmmmm, no nibbles yet, So I'll aveago.
Brett, with my limited Awoonga experience totalling a grand total of 3 trips, if I was forced to take only one HB lure it would be:

Gaddens Barra Classic in 10+ Bobby Dazzler colour

I know every one's gunna say the best lure is the one that suits the situation in front of you at the time, but I do have a thing for classics, oh the shame, the shame lol

cheers
brian

BigChiefBarra
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Mate can never go past a Big B52. Another beauty is the XRap - rigged with larger owners becomes suspending (KILLER). Thats my 5c worth.......

eotbmg
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
done really well on the slikies

Awoonga
07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Hardbody...???... How can you choose ! what works one day won,t the next...There is no Hard or Soft lure thats works 100% of the time...So just bring what you have...upgrade the hardware...And see what works for you

BR65
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Hardbody...???... How can you choose ! what works one day won,t the next...There is no Hard or Soft lure thats works 100% of the time...So just bring what you have...upgrade the hardware...And see what works for you

I rest my case;)

Listen to Trevs words of advice re the hardware and splits upgrade mate, way more important than lure colour or type, Owner ST66 trebles, hyper wire or Halco 4xx splits are the go IMHO

cheers
brian

boonwalker
07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Barra Classics 10+ myself and a mate used nothing but last year at Monduran and got some beasts. workin them real slow, great lures.

dean450
08-08-2008, 06:57 AM
killalure in guns and roses colour

Whitto
08-08-2008, 07:13 AM
I guess your No1 lure for any impoundment is the one that caught your last Barra....what works one day may not work the next......your No1 focus is the Treble and split ring upgrade and your leader if your in the timber and attention to detail such as your knot ........Whitto

Jeremy87
08-08-2008, 07:42 AM
The lure you've got tied on is normally the the best lure to catch fish with. The trick is knowing which lure to tie on. I think it will be very difficult to concentrate on technique when fishing in shallows if your lure keeps diving into the weed or similarly if you shallow running lure isn't diving deep enough. Lure selection is a skill in itself. I hate the feeling i get when i realise that a particular lure would do really well here but i didn't bring it. Variety is the key. So far there's only been a few suggestions on lures and out of 4 responses you've got 4 lure recommendations. Assumably they all catch fish.

Awoonga
08-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Brett,...Think about this..You find THE lure...its the one that has been working at Awoogee in October when you get here...Thats only 1 % percent of the picture..There lots of other things that you need to focus on ...Now what could they Be ?????

NAGG
08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Sing it all! :vrolijk_26:

I've got every lure man ... I've got every lure man ... I've got every lure man - - cause I've got every lure!

I've got a deep driver , slow riser , fast sinker , suss- pender , blade fizzer , shallow runner , surface popper , hyper viper , crazy deep , mask vibe ,jap crap from megabass , mad mullet , mundi magic , Lucky craft Arra barra bought from coolangatta ....... stick to Aussie lures

cause I got every lure man ,,, i've got every lure!:P :laola:

Yeh, but listen here mate? ...... you needa Bony bream , big sammy , Bills Bug Manta ray , Classic pro , 120 , river rat , green bomber , Tilsan barra , barra bait , Goulburn Jack , X Rap , Jointed Shad , Tango dancer ,sub walk , stump jumper to catch a thumper ........ All with owner upgrades!

cause I've got every lure man ,,, i've got every lure!:P
:laola:

Now what colours mate? ........ You need Ayu , Bunker , fluoro , Red gill , Elton John , bleeding mullet ,Chartreuse , guns & roses , gold ones , green ones , brown ones , blue ones , silver ones .....which can be fun! but dont forget a black .... ........ After that , get some .... Baby bass ,Glass ghost , lemon lime , evil minnow , Silver flash , red head , fire tiger , sunset shiner , bobby dazzler, spotted dog , parakeet , hot pink .... & whatchya think of ........ Techni colour yawn ?

But I'll tell you what you haven't got .......... SLICK RIGS - OTHER PLASTICS & BETTER REMEMBER FROGS!

Sorry all ..... IBD is getting the better of me::)

Nagg

BR65
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
That is GOLD Chris

Whitto
08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
U havn't been entirely everywhere lately.....Seen your Doctor recently;D....U may need some calming influence.......but I do agree with Brian That's Gold:D....Ohhhhh the IBD it's a curse.......not long to go now........Whitto:(

BR65
08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Whitto, do you reckon he is truely cursed with IBD, or just has way to much time on his hands down there waiting for the sun to come out??

DEANO68
08-08-2008, 07:25 PM
i think you better memorise all that chris, i think there will be a plenty of fishoes in the camp kitchin on saturdy nite in a few weeks chanting nagg,nagg,nagg,nagg,
sing us ive got every lure man,,you better belive it......i will bring the kareoke machine ready to go....well thought out good job...deano..

Whitto
08-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Whitto, do you reckon he is truely cursed with IBD, or just has way to much time on his hands down there waiting for the sun to come out?? That too Brian....What he dosn't know is he will have to sing that on Friday night 12th September....so he's got a few weeks to memorise the words.....He = Chris;D8-)::):laola:

BR65
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
It was an awesome effort, well done chris

NAGG
08-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Whitto, do you reckon he is truely cursed with IBD, or just has way to much time on his hands down there waiting for the sun to come out??

SUN ! ...... Please explain!

IBD ....... My doctor told me , That I need a hobby to take my mind off Barra !

so I've taken up music;D

Chris

NAGG
08-08-2008, 07:44 PM
That too Brian....What he dosn't know is he will have to sing that on Friday night 12th September....so he's got a few weeks to memorise the words.....He = Chris;D8-)::):laola:

Hey ...... The IBD Anthem! ....... to be sung on every long weekend & the capture of every Metery!!!

I like it!

DEANO68
08-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey ...... The IBD Anthem! ....... to be sung on every long weekend & the capture of every Metery!!!

I like it!sh$t now the lot of us have to memorise every word , it will be ringing throuout the whole dam in a few weeks dam you chris..

NAGG
08-08-2008, 07:58 PM
sh$t now the lot of us have to memorise every word , it will be ringing throuout the whole dam in a few weeks dam you chris..

i'll put it up as a new thread ........ so everyone knows the lyrics

Peter4
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Too much time, too long in the wrong state, too far from a barra impoundment, too deaf to actually hear what it would sound like, too many drinks, too few origin victories, etc etc.........;)

Barraboy7
08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Captain Nagg must have sooo much spare time, to write poetry about fishing, as well as be on virtually every board almost daily... is that computer glued to you mate, when do you ever get to go fishing? LOL
barraboy7

NAGG
08-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Captain Nagg must have sooo much spare time, to write poetry about fishing, as well as be on virtually every board almost daily... is that computer glued to you mate, when do you ever get to go fishing? LOL
barraboy7

Ausfish Ausfish Ausfish Oi Oi Oi

tomorrow morning
....... Breamin! ......... ;) ......... look for my report

Chris