PDA

View Full Version : Keely Rose Charters - Rainbow beach

craigie
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Did a charter with a group of friends and work colleagues aboard "Keely Rose" skippered and owned by Ed Falconer working the waters off Rainbow Beach and Fraser Island.

Conditions were less than perfect but Ed worked hard all day to find us fish (and he did ;D )

I'll let the photos do the talking as I had previously typed out a thousand word epec report only to press the wrong key :-/ and delete the lot in a Heart Beat>:( .
Enjoy the pics

Cheers
Craigie.

poundalead
06-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Snodger red there Craigie! We' re heading out on MV Nightbeat off Tin Can on Friday night so I hope we do as well as you guys. Was there much current? I heard there are a lot of big cod around at the moment, hope the snaps cooperate!

Well Done Benny.........

craigie
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Benny,

Current was good, only slight all day. We fished Paternosters with smaller size snapper lead.

We landed 2 big Gold Spot cod about 18 - 20kg's each and a third one that was around 8kg's.

The big red was estimated at 14kg's. Also got another around 9 kg's.

Got about a doz Snaps between 3 and 6 kg's, 3or 4 big Spangled Emp up to 6.5kg's

Just looked at my avatar and my pic with the Cod, I'm wearing the lucky grey fishing jumper !!!

Cheers
Craigie

dayoo
06-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Craigie,

Nice mixed haul Ed works hard to keep his customers happy. The snapper are on fire off Fraser at the moment. I am informed that both charter operators at Rainbow Beach have bagged out over the past few days with snapper up to 8kg and "Baitrunner" returned at 12.30 with boat esky full.

The snapper will really go on the chew coming up to the full moon end of next week.

Cheers
Barry

poundalead
06-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Thats awesome Craigie thanks for the heads up. I have been out with Ed on his old boat and he does work hard for a feed. Good bloke too no nonsense, has a laugh etc. Hopefully I can put up a good report.......

Cheers Benny

scrubba01
06-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Great catch blokes we are heading up there leaving Friday morning if the weather plays the game can't wait. :D

lizard bribie
06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
;) hi craigie have fished with ed afew times top fellow the ocean prowleris a great boat nice catch mate cheers lizard bribie;D

skipalong
06-08-2008, 08:40 PM
excellent work mate great catch

backlash08
07-08-2008, 12:23 AM
nice colors - thanks for the report