PDA

View Full Version : New Stiffy Twitch Bait!!

JEKS
06-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

Here is a new lure that is a must have in your tackle box. It is the New Stiffy Twitch Bait, it comes in a range of colours, it is completed with owner hooks and rings.

We tested them out on the weekend, they are a awesome lure to use. The stiffy twitch bait looks like a B52 but suspends and has a great action too.
You can work them any way you like, fast, slow, extra long pauses.

I got a 101cm on the twitch bait. The retrieve i was using was, i upwards twitch with a long pause. I really liked using them.

Cheers Katie

Pete62
06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Good one Katie, great fish, thanks for the tip. Available in "All good tackle stores" ? . Cheers, Pete.

Steve B
06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Do they come in green colour??:P ;)

Nice fish Katie, cool sunset photo!!

Steve

Whitto
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Steve, I went down to the local Hardware and bought a can of Green paint.....now not only are all my lures green but so is the boat.........Whitto;D Ps It's not easy being Green....Katie thats a great piccie.....A Big Barra a sunset and a pretty lady....that is a nice change from the ugly buggers we have to look at:D

Sniper
06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Steve, if you want a really funky green, why not get some of that paint that changes colours? Used to be about $40 a pack(3 spray cans, only one of the colour though). Should look really good and be a one off colour too. The company that used to put it out was Motorspray. Used to sell it myself but not sure if they still do it. Got me thinkin now. Might be the next in thing.
hmmmmmmm
Bill

the_matrix
06-08-2008, 07:18 PM
THanks Katie, few more additions coming to the stiffy range very soon, two deep divers, a large extra deep trolling model (8+ metres) and two sizes of 10-12 foot dive models known as "crash divers".
As per all Stiffy's they come standard with owner rings and stn 66 hooks.
Had a ball with them in the territory a few months back filming squidgy secrets #5.
All the proto's caught fish in Awoonga as well.
Cheers
Jas

NAGG
06-08-2008, 08:54 PM
THanks Katie, few more additions coming to the stiffy range very soon, two deep divers, a large extra deep trolling model (8+ metres) and two sizes of 10-12 foot dive models known as "crash divers".
As per all Stiffy's they come standard with owner rings and stn 66 hooks.
Had a ball with them in the territory a few months back filming squidgy secrets #5.
All the proto's caught fish in Awoonga as well.
Cheers
Jas

:-/ Jas ...... Whatever influence you have with Bushy ...... make sure they do something about the Quality control ........ otherwise we'll end up with lures like the Stiffy bony bream that sink , suspend or float ...... & need to be tweaked every time one is bought::)

Chris

the_matrix
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Have no influence over what happens in China mate...............believe me its frustrating from my end too, as I have to do the same. Once a shipment lands, it cannot be changed obvioulsy.
If it gets to that with these lures mate vote with your dollars. A very small consolation is that tweaking every lure is good however if you buy a lure under the proviso that it floats, it should bloody float!
Cheers
Jas

NAGG
06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Have no influence over what happens in China mate...............believe me its frustrating from my end too, as I have to do the same. Once a shipment lands, it cannot be changed obvioulsy.
If it gets to that with these lures mate vote with your dollars. A very small consolation is that tweaking every lure is good however if you buy a lure under the proviso that it floats, it should bloody float!
Cheers
Jas

Hi Jas ....... If not the influence ....... The ear then:)
I totally agree about the tweaking ...... I & probably many others love to toy with our lures ......... but it should be out of enjoyment/ experimentation ..... not necessity!::)
Bought one that suspended ........ but only after removing the hooks:( ...... Sorry

chris

Barraboss
06-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Katie,

Firstly as always, you are catching some great fish. And secondly, it's not too often that I have seen you without the hat hehe :)

Again great fish, and thanks for the report, and update...

Matt

Dick Pasfield
06-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Nice fish, nice pic:)

eotbmg
06-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Are they available yet?

jim_bream
07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Looks like an old ABU Killer that I picked out of my dad's lures from the 60's- I'll see if I can find it and take a snap for you to compare....
P.S. Katie- you need a deckie, butler, boatwasher etc??? ;-)

Gagga08
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Goog looking lure..might have to get my hands on a couple

Big_Ren
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Nice work Katie and a top late arvo barra pic.

On the subject of tweaking, as mentioned by Chris and Jas, I having been removing the belly (middle) trebles on most (not all) of my 3-treble HBs as I am trying to deny any barra the opportunity to use the middle treble as a fulcrum point with either the front or rear trebs.

Once removed, it forms the starting point for any other fine-tuning with treble size, splits, double splits and sticky weight, add-on colours etc.

Cheers and congrats again.

Paul

JEKS
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi All,

The lures should be available in all good tackle stores.
There is about 6 different colours. Green included!

Cheers Katie

NAGG
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Nice work Katie and a top late arvo barra pic.

On the subject of tweaking, as mentioned by Chris and Jas, I having been removing the belly (middle) trebles on most (not all) of my 3-treble HBs as I am trying to deny any barra the opportunity to use the middle treble as a fulcrum point with either the front or rear trebs.

Once removed, it forms the starting point for any other fine-tuning with treble size, splits, double splits and sticky weight, add-on colours etc.

Cheers and congrats again.

Paul

Good point Paul ........ i've found that you can go from 3 x 1/Os to 2 x 2/Os ...... & keep the balance

Chris

warrior
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM
top stuff katie,those evening shots are awsome brings out the colors of everything,on the boney scene got one last week and it stayed on top like a popper will have to add some sticky weight or bigger trebles to make it go down.a bit of playing around and it will be ok.

BR65
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Nice stuff Katie, thanks

cheers
brian