PDA

View Full Version : off south passage

snapperbasher
06-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey guys,

Went for a run yesterday off south passage didn't get on the water till about 10am first stop was the bait grounds for some livies they were there but very finnicky managed a few then headed east checked out some of my marks around the 33's not much happening there so had a look around the bottom end of the 35's still not a lot of action untill we got to the last mark in that area and the sounder lit up. First drop we were both on i pulled up a small squire and the deckie a nice maori cod about 4kg.After that first drift they shut down so we headed off to the 100mtr grounds to try and get a few pearlies.They didn't want to play either just got 2 undersized ones and a couple of dirty leather jackets>:( .So the call was mad to head back to where we found the fish earlier this turned out to be a good call as the fish we could see on the sounder were hungry and every drop was getting smashed on the way down.There was no real size to them most going around 40cm but there were a few up to 60cm so we picked through them for our bag. we crossed the bar just on dark for a fantastic run back to manly.

Cheers Lochie

P.S i do have photos but i'm sure you all know what 40 - 60 cm squire look like.;D

1lastcast
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Top stuff mate beats working , sounds like you got a few nice ones to make it worthwhile

Cheers MONOSTRETCHO

T1
06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Reasonable session there Lochie! I checked my mobile but haven't had any missed calls lately... LOL!!!

Hope all is well!

Take Care T

cobiaman
06-08-2008, 06:37 PM
well done lochie, how many did you end up with all together?

snapperbasher
07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey T, we'll get a trip organised soon mate!

Cobiaman, we had 2 P.O.B so we got our bag of 10 fish. We could have filled the boat with them they were thick stacked up in a school 20mtrs thick and about 1km long but all seemed to be smallish fish I dropped one that i suspect was a good knobby just after we drifted off the main school.

Cheers Lochie

Dylan_Rylatt
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
he has never been good at returning calls ever since school..... but by god he can fish tho. you will prolly have have better luck finding him at the local pub. good to see you still smahing the fish tho

Dylan

Wind Dancer
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Good pan size fish Cheers