PDA

View Full Version : First ever cobe

Benno1
06-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, headed out last weekend with some mates for an overnight trip to sykes. Was a bit sloppy on the way out, with a bit of westerly, so saturday was hard yakka with not many good keepers other than a few good lipper. Saturday night was mainly sharks and a 20 knot south westerly.>:(
Sunday up at 4.00am with a little more interest and some nice lipper in the boat. As soon as sun was up, the floating pilly out the back worked its magic and the bait runner was starting to scream. A couple of minutes later, we had landed my first ever cobia. Not the biggest fish in the world, but nevertheless, a first for me. Even the around 90cm they still seem to pull like a freight train (can't wait to catch a big one!!);D
About an hour later, also landed a nice coro trout, then a nice coral trout at 48cm.
Sunday turned out a real treat. Not the biggest haul of fish with only a dozen lipper, 4 trout, 1 cobia;D and some mixed reefies (hussar, parrot), but the keepers were all good quality.

Cheers and tight lines.
Dave

iricangi
06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice haul of fish and well done on a new PB/fish.

Local_Guy
06-08-2008, 10:42 AM
well done on the cobia.. not the biggest of fish, but they all pull like freight trains.... taste good too :)

backlash08
06-08-2008, 12:07 PM
well done Dave

jtpython
06-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Good stuff Dave
Beautiful eating they are to ad once they get bigger they are an incredible fighting fish
JT

Benno1
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
thanks guys, can't wait now to get a big one, always good to have a floater out while pulling up the odd trout or lipper...I was hoping for either a cobe or a spaniard...

cheers
Dave