PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fin Gone Under?

Poodroo
05-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I hope this is not the case but I had a customer in my work today who was a fellow boatie and somehow got onto the topic of fishing and boats. The customer mentioned he just sold his boat and is in the process of purchasing another one and I mentioned about my concern for the growing trend of boatyards going under of late and how glad I am that I don't have a substantial deposit on anything in the boating world in these present times. The conversation moved onto Mr.T's going under and I told him that's where my boat came from. The customer then asked me what sort of boat I had and he then tells me that Blue Fin boats went under a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone else heard this disturbing news at all?

Cheers,

Poodroo

finding_time
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Poodroo

Mate that had to be the longest way in the world to say " I got wind of a rumour that blue fin boats has folded":o :o :o :D ;D

PinHead
06-08-2008, 05:46 AM
once again, I don't think it is fair to any dealer or manufacturer to cast any innuendo on their business. Wouldn't it be easier to make one phone call and find out first...if they have gone then make a post..if not..all is good.

mudrunner
06-08-2008, 06:17 AM
wha happens to the boats of boatyards that go under? are they auctioned?

we're moving to the moreton bay area soon, and im looking for a new boat, any heads up on auctions etc......?

cheers.

Poodroo
06-08-2008, 07:40 AM
::)
Poodroo

Mate that had to be the longest way in the world to say " I got wind of a rumour that blue fin boats has folded":o :o :o :D ;D

Sorry Ian to make you read through all 4 lines like that. It must have been really tough on you. :-X ::)

once again, I don't think it is fair to any dealer or manufacturer to cast any innuendo on their business. Wouldn't it be easier to make one phone call and find out first...if they have gone then make a post..if not..all is good.

Greg there has not been any inuendo cast on any businesses. I heard something and thought I would ask the question if anyone else has heard the same thing. I have to wonder who in their right mind would bother to ring a company based on a snippet of info heard in a general conversation and ask "Gee, I heard your company went broke, is this true?"::) Sorry that might be like you to do this but I am not into doing that sort of thing. I am not out to discredit any company in any way, just asking my so called friends in the Ausfish community a simple question. Why must you always make things more complicated than what they are?
If you can't answer the simple question asked then do not contribute to the thread. Simple!

Poodroo

finding_time
06-08-2008, 08:15 AM
::)

Sorry Ian to make you read through all 4 lines like that. It must have been really tough on you. :-X ::)

Poodroo

If only it was 4 lines mate!!!;D ;D ;D ;D

FNQCairns
06-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Hope not the few I have seen were well constructed, I heard on TV the biggest (I suspect) tinny builder was 6% down on sales -suspect more in truth though.

cheers fnq

Mindi
06-08-2008, 09:22 AM

Well its a dilemma isnt it...

If you deliberately start a rumour to harm a business it is a very bad and potentially damaging thing to do...if you have a decent reason to think it might be the case, surely it is valid (IMHO) to raise it in a forum like this because you may well save a reader from losing a deposit which they cant afford to lose. I think phoning a business on the brink and asking if they are about to go broke is naive in the extreme. After they ring the bell it's too late..! the receiver or administrator has control and you are likely an unsecured creditor which is an accounting term meaning you have just lost your money.

So I reckon it is fair to raise the question in these tough times if there is a reasonable suspicion...then at least people can recheck before signing up and take their chances or not.

Mindi
06-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Hope not the few I have seen were well constructed, I heard on TV the biggest (I suspect) tinny builder was 6% down on sales -suspect more in truth though.

cheers fnq

Well the "biggest" would certainly be Quintrex/Stacer not Bluefin. ...and being 6% down on sales would be unsurprising..in fact it probably sounds a pretty good outcome..?

rayken1938
06-08-2008, 09:31 AM
fowarded a copy of this post to Logan River marine as I was unable to contact Bluefin directly. LRM sent it on to Bluefin and here is a copy of their response.
I hope that this will lay unfounded rumors to rest.

Blue Fin Boats

Wednesday, 6 August, 2008 9:17 AM

"Mark Johnson" <mark@bluefinboats.com.au>
Add sender to Contacts (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AmmrfrKqOTRndvyJg3stdS7Tqr0X/SIG=1m0q8lm0d/**http%3A//address.mail.yahoo.com/yab%3Fv=YM%26A=m%26simp=1%26e=mark%2540bluefinboat s.com.au%26fn=Mark%26ln=Johnson%26.done=http%253A% 252F%252Fau.mc313.mail.yahoo.com%252Fmc%252FshowMe ssage%253Ffid%253DInbox%2526sort%253Ddate%2526orde r%253Ddown%2526startMid%253D0%2526.rand%253D213301 8123%2526da%253D0%2526midIndex%253D0%2526mid%253D1 _227244_AGTGjkQAAXz9SJjiBgWecRF3SZ8%2526f%253D1%25 26nextMid%253D1_225535_AGLGjkQAAJHASJgrKgpsHDTY5xk %2526m%253D1_227244_AGTGjkQAAXz9SJjiBgWecRF3SZ8%25 2C1_225535_AGLGjkQAAJHASJgrKgpsHDTY5xk%252C1_22477 1_AGXGjkQAAIvDSJgjNghEzGEEnck%252C1_222524_AGfGjkQ AAQywSJgA0AL0LF%25252BZeKs%252C1_222054_AGbGjkQAAG j2SJgAiAo70Fy1GVY%252C1_221576_AGDGjkQAAXYnSJgAIQi rC0UUF%25252BY%252C)

To:
rayke1938@yahoo.com.au

Dear Ray,
Jay from Logan River Marine kindly forwarded your message to us . Blue Fin Boats is alive and well ! We are like all boat manufacturers a bit quieter in these economic times but the quality and affordability of our product has ensured that we are here to stay. I am sure that the demise of Mr T’s Tinnies who was synonymous with Blue Fin Boats for many years has been where the confusion has come from. He was an independent business , as are all of the current 40 Blue Fin Dealers around Australia and new Caledonia, and his closing down was unfortunate. Our new dealer in Brisbane is Coorparoo Marine who has stock on the floor and would be only too happy to help anyone interested in purchasing one of our great boats as would Logan River Marine who remain one of our largest dealerships.

Kind Regards

Mark Johnson
Manager
Blue Fin Boats
mark@bluefinboats.com.au
Ph. 07 55 715 277
Fax. 07 55 715 288
Cheers
Ray

FNQCairns
06-08-2008, 09:43 AM
To me when it comes to a heads up rumour as in poodroos, if it saves just one punter 90c in the dollar it's a very genuine and worthy experience.

Of coarse if every time the general public walked though the door of a business they didn't do it naked so were afforded the same level of protection as a business holds under law, the equation would be far less lopsided and the need to protect punters by any means available would disappear.

Until then and in the face of we really couldn't give a crap about the people regulations...any warning is a good warning to the majority and I suspect lot's of lotto tickets have been bought as a thankyou over time for just this situation, wonder where the business councils hides the statistics on this??:)

cheers fnq

wilcara
06-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks you to Poodroo for raising it; thank you to Poodroo for the sensitive manner in which he raised it; and thank you to Rayken for assisitng as intermediary; and thank you to Mark Johnstone at BlueFin for setting the record straight. Too easy.

8-)

Ausfish
06-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Why post this up here in the first place, make a phone call and you would have known that they are still in business. And no ones business could/may have been effected.