PDA

View Full Version : In Close Again

indy
05-08-2008, 06:53 PM
G'day

Jamie and I headed out to the close reefs of mooloolaba again on monday to see if the snapper where still holding on the same spot as last time. When we arrived the sounder light up like a christmas tree with some very nice arches on the sounder. We did a couple of drifts to work out our drift picking up a couple of moses perch and then decided to anchor up and get ready for the sun up session.

Things where real quiet until the sun come up barely pulling a scale but once she rose the snapper came on the chew for about half an hour again and then shut down. We ended up picking up a couple of sweety's after this and a parrot and then a couple of mowong and then that was it at this spot.

Ended up going to cobe spot for a while with jamie scoring one, me losing one boat side again and and few more runs and a couple of bust offs. All in all a reasonable day with some excellent weather out there and back at the ramp by 12:00 just before she blow up. All snapper caught on floaters with plenty of burley in the belly's. Also did a ortopsy on jamie's cobe and it had about ten crabs in it as well as quiet a few fish skeleton's.

Cheers pete....

DEANO68
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
good on ya pete, we were going to do quick trip out there today after work but a late finish put a stop to that, the wind seemed to drop out quite a bit thisarv...lookin to thursday arv now hope the wind and fish play the game then..
and the work load slows up ..cheers for the report ...deano..

skipalong
05-08-2008, 08:05 PM
nice effort pete you still managed a great feed top work

goona
05-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Gee Pete you are slipping. Must be because big brother is travelling around OZ and catching a sh_t load and putting you to shame hey.

scoota
05-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Thats a great inshore catch pete..

Scoota...

indy
06-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Whats this slipping business Todd those pictures of the barra that you caught where not all that big so i am wondering who is the one slipping? Give me a call on your mobile when you get somewhere with reception.

wags on the water
06-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Nice work Pete.

indy
06-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Here's a couple for you Todd a couple of weeks back

backlash08
07-08-2008, 12:28 AM
nice catch on the close ins - well done pete

JayT
07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey Indy,
Once again mate very nice work!!!
Been a while since I have wet a line an believe me I am hangin!!!
Was gonna hit it last sun onight but my deckie pulled out...
Anyways the boat is packed so its only a matter of time,
Nice cobe too,
Cheers Thorpy

Wax_head
07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Good to see some fish been caught in close. Hope there are some out there in the morning. The wind is still as here at the moment on the hill at Aroona (2100). Going to put the boat in at Labalsa and go to the neerings. Giving soft plastic a real go tommorrow. Weather forcast is not great but I'll wake up in the morning and go anyway. Hope I get some good fish like you did. One quality snapper would be good!!

Cheers Bicko

goona
31-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Pete here is a small Barra I got at Towns River. Plenty of other big ones I let go due to no cammera on board.

Benno1
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
nice one Pete...good to see you guys pulled up a decent feed...thanks for the pics and report :D

Mrs Benno1