PDA

View Full Version : Great Day With Sea Probe

bluefin59
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi everybody well today being a construction workers rostered day off R.D.O i went out on a charter with SEA PROBE CHARTERS again as i have for the last 4 R,D.O s and what a day it turned out to be i got to the boat ramp at the sundale bridge on the gold coast at 5.30 am to meet up with my mate euwen and the rest of the guys that were going. Two ausfish members ON THE CHEW and FANTASTIC PLASTIC were their armed with plastics and jigging rods and reels and tackle bags with all the other gear you need for this style of fishing , out of 11 customers 8 of us had our own plastics gear ,generally we had two outfits each . By the time we boarded and had our gear on board there was a compliment of rods and reels onboard that would make a tackle store owner blush:-[ but when you looked around the gear there was some nice equipment egrell rods graphite u.s.a rods and assorted daiwa rods and wilson blades and tales rod , the funny thing was there wasn't a shimano reel to be seen all daiwa reels ,i dont know what that says but there wasn't a sign of reel failure all day .

Anyway we left the dock a little after 6.00am and headed out the seaway and it was like glass as far as the eye could seeand not a bit of swell around so we headed to one of Gavs snapper reefs in about 60mt of water and started placcie and bait fishing our way through a couple of drifts accross this area ,a few squirey snapper were pulled on board by the bait boys and fantastic plastic pulled a couple with the placcies he was useing . After a couple of drifts and not too much success gav decided to hit the kingie reef in about 80 mt of water , well as soon as those 7 in gulps hit the bottom on the first drift there were people hooked up everywhere i think 7 of us hooked up abput the same time ,i was hooked up at the front of the boat and looked to my right and their were people pumping and winding everywhere ,it was going to be one of those sessions .:o :o :o

We stayed here catching kingies for a couple of hours and ended up driving away from the fish monstering us ,it was great you would hook up then get some line then down the rod would go buckleing, gear grinding runs everywhere , you would hook up and if you lost him give it another couple of jigs and you would be on again it was hot action . There were some guys using knife jigs and they were having just as much luck as us ,i got taken to the bottom on done up on my 3000 tierra so i had to go for the 4000 capricorn to keep them of the bottom . Most of the fish were in about the 3-5kg range with a couple of better ones brought onboard ,at the end my arms were aching from so much action there were times i was on my toes leaning over the front of the boat getting peeled of at a great rate of knots . It got to the stage i would turn to my right and andrew ON THE CHEW was going race you to the top as we were getting hooked up at the same time ,i had a great time but was buggered at the end . We moved on again about 1.00pm to look for something a little different to fill the eskies with , we caught a bit of variety at the next spot with a couple of nice pearlies some snaps a sambo and some tuna .By this time we had all had enough and so we headed for home it was a great day and we caught some nice fish as the photos will show all up we ended up with about 40 kingies of various sizes and a good mixed bag as well so all in all it was a great day again , i would like to thank ON THE CHEW and PLASTIC FANTASTIC for the great company tody and i would like thank GAV from SEA PROBE CHARTERS on the gold coast for a great day , i cant wait for my next R.D.O if you are interested in a charter bait or placcie or any other style give GAV a call i am sure he will accomidate you and let you know what is happening at any given time. Thanks for reading tis long winded story but i'v had a great day .....matt;) ;) ;)

GAV from SEA PROBE CHARTERS
phone 0400 312330:) :) :) :) :)

ON-THE-CHEW
04-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Matt,
Thanks for putting up the post, Im pretty sure it was a good day had by all. This was the first time I had been out with Gav and had a great day.

Another first for me was to catch a Kingfish by the end of the day I had caught about 15 of them varying in sizes up to 83cms (new pb). I had the most fun using my Egrell S10H with soft plastics and only a 30lb leader to catch the Kingies. Another species conquered by the mighty S10H.

Hopefully can organise another trip once all the big boys start moving in, then I can test out the Saltiga.

Andrew

Ps. Just remember who got their fish in the fastest;)

skipalong
04-08-2008, 09:16 PM
looks like a great day mate no stop excellent catch

bluefin59
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah andrew you certainly did beat me up that time cant wait for the next time to equal the score and yes it was non stop action ,my left arm can feel the effort put in yesterday ,a small price to pay for a great trip ....matt

PlasticFantastic
05-08-2008, 08:53 PM
It was certainly a good day out with the boys as usual. It was good to fish with you Matt even though you were up the front of the boat it's always good to fish with people who enjoy it and know what they're doing. I'll be booking again soon and hope we can get into the bigger Kings this time. When they get over 10kg things get interesting on the medium spin gear zzzzzzzz pump and wind zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pump and wind then the fish wakes ups zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

PlasticFantastic

bluefin59
06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes mate it was a pleasure to meet you next trip should be a beauty already thinking about how i am going to attack the big boys ,i am booked on the 15 september thats my next R.D.O unless i take a sickie before then . I cant wait to tackle the big boys ....matt