PDA

View Full Version : Hards trip sunday

skipalong
04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
ventured out sunday with my old man jeff and mate scott, knowing the weather was going to be good in the afternoon, we made our way out at a lazy 9am from mooloolaba, we headed north at a comfortable 22knots with a tail wind of about 12 knots, we made our way to the first destination of the northern end of the banks which saw very few fish come on board, we moved further north and tried things a little deeper with no avail,

we sounded around for a while looking for some country to fish the afternoon bite, i headed to a mark i had north, where i was greated with a commercial guy who thought he owned the place and we soon saw him pulling snapper one after another at 1pm and this was good to see but he was where i wanted to be>:(and give me the shits a little, knowing he was getting good quality fish,

we proceeded north before we started pulling a few nice fish which soon made the run worth wild, but when i look back would have been much quicker from noosa::) the trip was sure a long one we covered over 130nm

we fished the afternoon out for a few small fish before we moved back down on the outside edge to pull small shit. with the wind giving a hint of freshning we headed back south to get a better run home after dark, but as soon as the sun dissappeared the current came on, it was running more than 5 knots, i had to go as much lead as i had and at about 2.5 kg of lead i was really struggling to hold the bootom on the winch, with it only getting worse we called it a day and made our way back to the ramp where we pulled the boat out at 8.20pm

a great days fishing was had by all with very minimal problems and was great to be out there with such great conditions,8-)

A few photos didnt turn out these are all i have.

Wind Dancer
04-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Good story hopefully the fish will be there next time Cheers

Dean1
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
At least the weather was on your side. Sorry to hear it was 'one' of those trips that dissapoint a bit. We all have em. I see im not the only one that can manage to land a flatty out there. Next time mate, cheers Deano

Legend82
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
great report, We went out off caloundra both sat and sun arvo- very little action, though cond great
at least you got a small feed, we scored zero!, must be the new moon. wont give up though!

wadeo
05-08-2008, 08:16 AM
gday skipalong great read mate sounds like you had a good day.Did that red hit on the hards or banks?.That pro boat was it a centre consol? we fished sunshine sundy morn for 5kg nobbies. Good report mate thanx
regards wadeo

skipalong
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
wadeo, mate yeah on the hards, the pro was about a 6.5m shark cat, more so one of those power cats looking hull,to me he was just a weekend warrior fishing from a pleasure craft.

aerordauto
05-08-2008, 09:10 PM
hello skipalong we where late starters on sunday as well but at the banks and managed 12 snapper,3 pearlies 1 mouri cod and 1 pigfish.
out there at 11.00am and home at 6.00pm.
it sounds like you travelled a few miles and always good to see red fish on the report.cheers mark.

outsiderskip
06-08-2008, 05:32 AM
hi skipalong
heard u on the radio
we fished banks with little current but picked up fair bit mon morning
pete

DEANO68
06-08-2008, 07:14 AM
good effort skipalong...looks like that red was nearly shark bait,at least he still has a body and not just a head......need some fillets might get out thurs nite..
cheers for the report deano..

Az
06-08-2008, 01:37 PM
wadeo, mate yeah on the hards, the pro was about a 6.5m shark cat, more so one of those power cats looking hull,to me he was just a weekend warrior fishing from a pleasure craft.

haha wasn't foxy was it?