PDA

View Full Version : Wide Calmmm..loundra!

scoota
04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
What a great evening sunday offshore ended up.

Headed out from bribie about 1pm for an arvo/evening fish. Saw many ausfish members boats heading out and heard some airways chat and some quality banter amongst a few for a good laugh;D .

A little bumpy across the bay with the southerly blowing but it backed off quickly to a complete glass out by sundown.

We tried for livies but the current give us some grief with not many in the tank:-/

Out to the fishing grounds and very slow till just before sundown and some nice fish coming aboard but plagues of under size pearlies and squire in most spots.

Anchored up and berlied hard for some quality 5-6kg snapper but dropped one and they seemed to shut down quickly.
Went quiet so repositioned for some more quality snapper coming in but very slow. Decided not to wait for the top of the tide and headed home on a flat sea with a good mixed bag.

On a personal note, Meggsy got a PB snapper of 6.2kg and which he was very happy about and a Mowong not much smaller which he was not so happy about;)

Happy Days..

Scoota....

Dean1
04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
My missus rented a house right on the water at buddina and I sat out on the deck last nite/arvo watching the sea flatten out to glass. When it got dark I couldnt believe how many boats were out and about!! Man I was jealous! Nice catch there mate, ill give it a bash this fiday if all goes to plan. Hopefully I can beat my PB of 6kg snap. Enjoy eating them ;)

skipalong
04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
xcellent bag of fish mate

Wind Dancer
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Nice catch

lizard bribie
05-08-2008, 06:07 AM
;) well done scotta megs @seano nice feed cheers lizard bribie;D

wadeo
05-08-2008, 06:52 AM
well done scoota great catch. conditions were superb sunday. I fished sunshine for nice nobbies sundy morning. very good report mate thanks.

regards wadeo;D

lethal098
05-08-2008, 07:45 AM
thats a nice feed you got there, wanted to fish sunday arvo but missus had other plans for me, ah well next time, well done, cheers lethal

reel scream
05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Well done Scoota. Some nice fish there. We found it tough going, no real quality in our lot. Will have to fish up that way a bit more i think.

Cheers Scott

jarhead
05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Nice snaps mate well done.

Wal

dhess
06-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Nice snapps.

How big was the maori cod? Doesn't look anywhere near legal.

keenfishr
06-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Some nice quality snaps. good feed there!! well done. trav