PDA

View Full Version : To fish or not to fish?

Ryan.S
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Thinking of doing an all nighter in close tonight and heading to Wutumba about 4am. Doin it solo and im not 100% motivated atm. I need some encouragement people. got any stories of a trip you were only half keen to go on but really paid off? Pics would be great. We have 5-10knt winds atm but its pretty cold. :-/

Just proof read this thread and i realised how much of a light weight i sound like. Anyway, let the encouragement/insults flow freely;)
Cheers

Mark-P
05-08-2008, 07:24 PM
How did or didn't you go ryan ?? I'd love to get up there before xmas
but just maybe, fingers x..... school holidays in september !!!

Mark

Ryan.S
05-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Mate i decided to get a back bone and headed out at 9pm. Went around to the Artificial reef and burleyed up for a bit. Got a few squire but nothing worth taking a photo of, at 3am me and my mate headed up fraser to the 6mile arch cliffs, killed the engine, only to realise we had stoped smack bang in the middle of a pod of Whales, Dead set they were 10m from the boat in every direction. One was really roaring and slapping its tail. Didnt seam happy to see us. So we moved on until sunrise.

Got back there at 6am and Had 2 whales put on a show for us, went straight under the boat about 1m deep, Absolutely awsome!!! It picked up 2 lines but. Luckily he shook them pretty quickly. But for about 5seconds I had a Humpback whale on my line.

All in all Mark. A shockin fishing trip, but well worth it, 5 knot wind and whales galore. Shooting stars all around. Does it get better?

Ryan.S
05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
By the way, how do i post avideo? Anyone? i got mobile fone video of the whale going under my boat.

BRabbit
05-08-2008, 10:31 PM
You gotta download the vid to your PC, then upload it through youtube, then you can post the link to it here.

Whales are frightening in the dead of night up close. I was in a zodiac before the sun had come up out off south straddie about a month back. Three of them nearly sunk the boat.

Part of me, thinks it was a deliberate attempt on our lives by the whales ... :cheesy:

Ryan.S
05-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah mate i agree, its hard to judge at night, but my mate n I both agreed they were telling us to get lost or else!