PDA

View Full Version : Trout, Reds and Lippas off Gladston in a awesome fishing session!!!!

business class
04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi guys,

Just got back from Gladston in my first trip north chasing Reds and Trout. Got the call from Darren late wed night saying its on for tomorrow morning not arvo as weather is ment to be awesome. Arrived at around 6am Thursday morning after a long overnight drive and couldn't wait to try and get my first Red or trout. Loaded the boat around 8 30am with everything but the kitchen sink and headed down to the Boyne Bait and Tackle (which he owns himself) and was quite impressed as he stocks everything you will ever need to hit the reef and good quality too as i was drouling over the live fibres there he had there as you can never have enough of those girls. (what a life) once we got the bait and his new Live Fibre to test out, it was off to the ramp. Started heading to the mark as the day was awesome, couldn't get any better with i think no wind and no swell it was looking like a trip of a life time. With 5 pob, Darren (Skipper) Jeff(deckie) Tony, Brett and myself all couldn't wait to see what infront of us as the deckie was saying how snapper and what us southerners catch is no comparrison to what your about to do. with our equiptment all live fibres and trinidads i was the only one with the light plastics gear on board:-[ . We arrived at the mark and looking on the sounder and to see it absolutely loaded;D i rigged up the plastic rod and over she went. the boys were giving me heaps as my poor little plastics rod was getting hammered and the 20lb braid was struggling to hold these awesome fighting fish, as the boys were more equipted with the live fibres and trinidads and 80lb it was making it easier for the boys. Red throat and trout were starting to come in the boat left right and centre and soon as someone lost one, the deckie was in to ya. We were getting red throat after red throat after about 20mins i was leting the plastic down and bang i was hit like a freight train and i was on, after my rod being bend from butt to tip and the drag as tight as i could get it i won the fight and my first trout was landed.;D ;D The fishing stayed hot the whole time and everyone catching fish and i was having the best time trying to stop these beasts on light gear. numerous times my equiptment just couldn't stop these fish as they pull harder then anything i have caught before. the abuse and laughs was flying left right and centre as Jeff was giving it to everyone especially tony as he kept loosing the fish half way up:P . And sometimes we even thought he was asleep he took that long to strike:P . About few more drifts We got into a patch of Red emperior with brett landing the only legal one of the trip. i only managed to get a couple which i was still happy with but unlucky for me they were just undersize, yet still pull so so hard:o . It was amazing being able to see the reef below and just sending the plastic down and hooking up and holding on for dear life as they try and head back home. (what a place) We ended up leaving that afternoon as we had our limit and everone was quite tired. The trip ended up seeing Breet land the biggest Red and Darren for the Trout. I was stoked with landing my first Trout which was around 2 or 3 kg,Red emperior and Red Throat all in one trip you couldn't ask for more. I would just like to thank Darren for what was an awesome trip and fishing out of his 8m Sea Storm which made it so easy for everyone as it is one hell of a rig, and the boys Brett and Tony for an awesome day out and good company and jeff for all the laughs as he made the trip one to never forget and hopefully we can do it again. hopefully i have converted the boys to giving the plastics a go as i think they held ther own up against the bait, and can't wait to get up there again (if theres another invite HINT HINT DARREN;) ) as it is just mind blowing fishing.;D

Hope you's like the photo's

Cheers
Matty

jtpython
04-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Awesome trip mate
I got to see ole mates boat at the Boyne Tannum Hookep your right she's a nice rig
Good to see you got some beautiful fish
Did's you go to Douglas?
We are heading out tomorrow night for a run so fingers crossed we'll do as good as you guys
JT

business class
04-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Awesome trip mate
I got to see ole mates boat at the Boyne Tannum Hookep your right she's a nice rig
Good to see you got some beautiful fish
Did's you go to Douglas?
We are heading out tomorrow night for a run so fingers crossed we'll do as good as you guys
JT

thanks mate, yeah it is a awesome rig there is so much room to fish. I nor sure were we went we were drinking and carrying on;D . alls i know it was awesome fishing. hope you get into some quality fish.

Cheers
Matty

Benno1
04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
fantastic boat...is she a platey???

O.T...it just doesnt get any better than that i recon...out with your mates on a pearler of a day...catching fish...having a cordial or 2...thanks for the report and pics Matty...top notch...gotta love the colour red eh :D

(Mrs Benno1)

Nic
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Congrats on your first trout! Sounds like a brilliant trip (nice boat, too.) Which plastics did the job?

business class
04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
fantastic boat...is she a platey???

O.T...it just doesnt get any better than that i recon...out with your mates on a pearler of a day...catching fish...having a cordial or 2...thanks for the report and pics Matty...top notch...gotta love the colour red eh :D

(Mrs Benno1)

Yeah its a platey. 8m Sea Storm. and yes the colour red is hard to beat i tell ya;) . and Nic i was using the gulp 7" in all colours.

Cheers
Matty

lethal098
04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
matty, sounds and looks like a cracker of a trip congrats on the first trout, well done cheers lethal

Angla
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
It's great to see the southeners getting some fish. Sorry to hear you didn't get anything of a larger size. When you go fishing in the north of the state, you need stiff rods and heavy gear to lockup on the fish and skull them up off the bottom to stop them from getting back to the reef

Chris

ronnien
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
matty,

great pics & by the amount of fish yous had a great trip.
so the trout is in the bag what fish is next on your list with s/p ?

ron.

Cobia Kid
04-08-2008, 08:21 PM
yeah mate, a great trip had by all, i am actully still waiting for my invite from
darren, (HINT HINT)
anyways,
cheers,
jame

Cobia Kid
04-08-2008, 08:22 PM
By the way JT, i am assuming they went to morsby banks and beyond, darren goes wide when he does go at all!!

Wind Dancer
04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Well done nice catch

Plastic_Magic
04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
haha well done ....has had some great trips with darren also....

awsome tripi well done!!!

Cobia_Kid i dont no bout u but spots to some people are a lot of hard work and times so dont go out and spoil darrens hard work!!!

Cheers Plastic_Magic

jtpython
05-08-2008, 07:46 AM
All good mate Moresby banks is a huge area as is douglas shoals and most of the shoals we all have our special spots was just interested in the area i'm going out tonight but unlikely i'll stumble across Darrens ground
Cheers
JT

business class
05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
matty,

great pics & by the amount of fish yous had a great trip.
so the trout is in the bag what fish is next on your list with s/p ?

ron.
Not sure to be honest hey wouldn't mind getting a big red emperior, i have a little one, but one up around the 10kg would be fun.;)

Cheers Matty