PDA

View Full Version : Yakking Women

PinHead
03-08-2008, 05:33 PM
After cancelling an overnight fish on Friday night then another for offshore on Sunday, we were pleasantly surprised to receive an invitation to go for a pedal in a yak at Wivenhoe.

Steve and I pedalled for an hour or so while the girls hit the Fernvale markets. Not sure how much poorer I am after that one. The girls arrived back..wonderful lunch of steak , chicken and salad and wine. All supported by the local wildlife.

The girls then hit the water for a pedal around.

Very impressed with the Hobie..that pedalling is as easy as and non tiring.
May even ponder one myself.

PinHead
03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
couple more pics

Ausfish
03-08-2008, 06:47 PM
And boy, can they yak ;D

Tangles
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
And boy, can they yak ;D

those are pedal powered right????

jim_bream
04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
he he he, gives em a chance to excecise the second biggest muscles in the body (legs, after jaw muscles) mind you I seen & heard a few doing both at once- yakking & yakkin.
If you got seasick while having a chat- would you have 'yakked up while yakin in your yak'?
Jeez work's boring today.... ;-)

Ausfish
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
those are pedal powered right????

Yep, it's a Hobie. You can paddle if you like, but why would you, it is way more effort and harder to fish at the same time.

Lucky_Phill
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Looks like you putting plenty of hours on the Yak, Steve.

next you'll be pulling a fish over the side !!!!!

Ausfish
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Yep, fishing would be good. Didn't take the rods yesterday, just out there having a look around, doing some recon for the up coming kayak convention. Also introducing Greg/Pinhead and Sue to Yakking.

Looks like we have another convert or two.

Gigantor
28-08-2008, 01:56 PM
The Hobies are great kayaks aren't they, Steve? Particularly on calm waters.

I'll see you at the kayak convention. A few of us are heading up on the Friday to set-up camp and do a pre-fish in the arvo. You're welcome to join if you can make it? Most of us are camping at Capt Logan Camp. I'll take the Outback up for this trip. The big Adventure can have a rest.

Cheers,

Pete