PDA

View Full Version : Trailcraft 465 PROFISH

matthewc
03-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi all,

just bought my self a new trailcraft 465 profish, and if all goes to plan will pick it up in about 2 weeks. got a 60 hp merc 4 stroke on the back, and a few more little bits and peices for good measure.

just wondering if theres any one else who owns a profish or has been out in one, what do you think of the boats, how good are the offshore capabilitys. I took it for a test run and it seemed to handle a bit of chop quite nice but its a bit hard to tell just going for a quick burn in the pine river.
any info would be great. cheers ;)

backlash08
03-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Matthewc, welcome to the site! I havnt been in a 465 so cant comment but there are plenty of happy trailcraft owners out there!, should be a nice match with the 60 merc, well done and hope it works out really well for you! cheers - Craig

Spaniard_King
03-08-2008, 05:40 PM
PM JB.. I think he has your exact combo

TheSaint
03-08-2008, 06:18 PM
hey mate.. my friend owns 465 profish which i think is 2005 model & has the max HP of a 60hp mercury four stroke which goes good but is slow out of the hole & feels like it needs 75hp to make it perform to it best as it is a heavy boat. The new model which you have brought can take a max of 80HP & if i was you I would go get a 75hp fourstroke or 75hp optimax on the back because the boat does need that extra power. It handles chop & the rough stuff really well & I don't think you will ever have a problem getting outside in it as it rides really nice & it's a great allround boat to fish from..

Blue Dog
03-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Matthew,
I have that exact set up right down to the 60 merc four stroke. I have done about 160hrs in it. For what I want it is an ideal rig in that it is small enough to fish the creeks or damns for barra but capable enough to get me out to the reef. I'm in north Queensland so the conditions here a different to down south so I have no dramas in taking mine 70km's out to the reefs. They handle well and you sit up high in the water. I find that for serious fishing two passengers is max. I can sit on 40km/h all day with a full load for 3km/litre. I find they are a great small boat that can go almost anywhere you want to take them, using common sense of course. I ditched the seats in mine and use a 105litre esky along the back which gives seating for two. The seats take up a lot of space and where always in the way but that is just what suited me. I put a hydrofoil on the motor and it gets it up and away quicker and stopped completed any desire the boat had to porpoise.

The 60hp was the max I could go at that time but the newer model is rated higher. The 60 is fine but like already said it is a heavy boat to start with and a few more hp wouldn't hurt. If you have already done the deal with the 60 I wouldn't loose any sleep over it as they were never intended to be a race boat anyway. The side console is great and I think better space wise in a small boat than a CC and balances out great with a driver and one other on board. I could go on all day here but I think you will get the general idea about them.

leelee
03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Mate they are a good boat.

I have owned a 455 profish for almost 4 years now with a 60 4/ merc.

Do yourself a favour and get the extra hp. The only downside to the boat is that the 60hp does not get it out of the hole quick enough which can be a problem if you are offshore or approaching a bar.

I can normally hit 32 knots 1 up with all my gear and with 2 up and gear it does about 27 knots.

Its not the fastest thing on the water but it allows he to head offshore or into the bay and then fish in the can\als.

it a great around boat that can handle a heap of rough conditions.

Cheers

Lee

matthewc
04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
thanks for your help guys it sounds like i made the right choice on getting the trailcraft. unfortenatly its a bit to late to change the motor, but im sure i can live with it.

cheers