PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhh the IBD

Whitto
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Not too bad at all......I hope u all had your ears on.......That was good footage.......Whitto:D

Tropicaltrout
03-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes not a bad segment at all you did the barra impoundement stlye a great credit Jas, only trouble is we are going to have to beat through even more crowds is there a awoonga segment on IFISH up and coming Jas. Top effort mate hope to cross paths on the water would love to say G'day

P.S I hope you don't cuddle to many clients might get a few of the madigra folk with a dose of IBD.........Pracilla Queen Of the Sticks

Cheers Nath

mikooh
03-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Ha Ha It looks like we'll all have to rush out and buy some good old green bombers- the new must have gun lure..:lolk:

Nice work Jas, your footage is like fuel on the fire for us IBD sufferers!

Mick

Poseidon
03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Some great footage, loved it.

Barraboss
03-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Did anyone tape it on DVD???As I was out fishing..... report to come...

NAGG
03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Did anyone tape it on DVD???As I was out fishing..... report to come...

I just watched it ......... Filmed in July hey:P I spent the weekend fishing in Thermals , shirts , polarfleece & Jackets! .......... while these buggers were boasting about T Shirts::) .... I gotta get to QLD asap:P

Nagg

PS Great segment!

PPS ...... Matt I'll see if my disc is viewable on other DVD players....... If so I'll send you it!

Chris

the_matrix
03-08-2008, 09:27 PM
TT,
The world will find whats to be found mate, after all I heard about it through the grape vine hehe............look forward to seeing you on the water up here for a good old fashioned chin wag. Whitto sorry mate, its still a while away your next trip isnt it.
Yes Awoonga is next, but not before another segment at Monduran which was filmed the next day in a little warmer conditions. Cant really tell but it was bloody cold that day for CQ rained til about 3pm then cleared up a bit but it was still about 15 degree's. Next day was a cracker (will go to air in early Sept I am told) and some big fish from 110-118cm landed in the jungle.
Sorry all you terminal IBD sufferers.................do what I did..............move to IBD central hehe. Get really sick like I have, you will chuck in your jobs and just go fishing like us mad lads up here. My wife is still shaking her head.
Mikooh that cracked me up...yeh the bomber is a brand new never seen before "go to" barra lure a must have if you want to catch barra..........nothing else will work...........frogs.......in the past..........;D ;D ::) bombers.......the future.
Foxie....get ready for the stampede:P

Thanks for ya comments boys
Jas
PS I am really not the hugging type;D

Whitto
04-08-2008, 07:15 AM
For myself Tropical Trout and Nipsta... Im affraid we have to wait till 12/13/14 September...I assure u next winter will be a different story....Looking forward to it.....Whitto:D

mikooh
04-08-2008, 07:59 AM
...yeh the bomber is a brand new never seen before "go to" barra lure a must have if you want to catch barra..........nothing else will work...........frogs.......in the past..........;D ;D ::) bombers.......the future.

On a serious note, it would be interesting to gauge how much influence 30 mins if TV footage has on lure sales- im sure more than the odd green bomber will now be purchased because it was seen on TV hanging out of a barras gob!

Mick

Little grey men
04-08-2008, 08:38 AM
PS I am really not the hugging type

Would never of been able to tell from the look on your face :-/ ......I would encourage all people who fish with Jas from now on in to give him a little hug at the end of the session.;D
But seriously mate...that was some great footage, would have sealed the deal for anyone playing with the idea of trying their hand at something like that.
The silent footage of the front of the boat gliding between the trees looked fantastic. ( the whole thing was beautifully filmed ) Paul seemed to be having a good time too. Although a bloke as excitable as him would have to fear heart palpitations doing something like that.
Looking forward to the next one now.
When it finished I went and respooled the chronarch with shaky fingers. ;)

NAGG
04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
TT,
The world will find whats to be found mate, after all I heard about it through the grape vine hehe............look forward to seeing you on the water up here for a good old fashioned chin wag. Whitto sorry mate, its still a while away your next trip isnt it.
Yes Awoonga is next, but not before another segment at Monduran which was filmed the next day in a little warmer conditions. Cant really tell but it was bloody cold that day for CQ rained til about 3pm then cleared up a bit but it was still about 15 degree's. Next day was a cracker (will go to air in early Sept I am told) and some big fish from 110-118cm landed in the jungle.
Sorry all you terminal IBD sufferers.................do what I did..............move to IBD central hehe. Get really sick like I have, you will chuck in your jobs and just go fishing like us mad lads up here. My wife is still shaking her head.
Mikooh that cracked me up...yeh the bomber is a brand new never seen before "go to" barra lure a must have if you want to catch barra..........nothing else will work...........frogs.......in the past..........;D ;D ::) bombers.......the future.

Thanks for ya comments boys
Jas
PS I am really not the hugging type;D

Hey Jas ........ You looked really comfortable with that cuddle;D

I gotta say ........ That was a great segment ...... not the slick production of the fishing DVD ..... But it was raw & made for great tele ....... Loved it!!!!!
I guess we are all hanging out for the next two parts!
So Jas ...... Now honestly ! Was the green bomber your suggestion ..... or Worsteling doing his own thing ?

Cheers

Chris

mikooh
04-08-2008, 11:14 AM
So Jas ...... Now honestly ! Was the green bomber your suggestion ..... or Worsteling doing his own thing ?

Id be carefull how you answer that one Jas, remember what happened when you told somone about those toad thingos.. the tackle shops will need security to keep the crowds under control;)

Mick

P.S. I have half a dozen or so green bombers from back when they were the gun flathead lure, now that they are "the next big thing" and "vintage" I should fetch a small fortune for them on e*bay8-) ;D 8-)

the_matrix
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Id be carefull how you answer that one Jas, remember what happened when you told somone about those toad thingos.. the tackle shops will need security to keep the crowds under control;)

Too right Mick, its funny when you try to help but still cop it for "selling" lures hey:-X ;D But you are 100% correct, people will go and buy them based on what they see. I am only using that stuff because it works for me. There are plenty of lures just like it that work equally as good, but I like to stick with what has done the business in the past.

Chris,
That little green bomber has been a great fish taker for the past few winters, it lands subtle and has a great action. It also has sticky weight on it as well as the split rings to get it to 1. slowly float, and 2. slowly sink. Both options are needed under certain conditions. Adding/removing split rings achieve desired flotation requirements
It has nothing to do with the colour of the lure, just as with all lures some are in perfect spec, some are not. That one does exactly whats required, and for this reason its a fav. I used that same green bomber in the fishing DVD segment I shot in early July with great results too.
Honestly? I gave him the bomber tricked up and explained the action.

Michael, I am going to have a quiet word with Caleb and makes sure he kicks your butt with his new karate skills, and every time someone tries to hug me, Caleb will be getting the call.;D
Yes, too right great camera angles and production, the guy filming is one of the best in the land, how do you think he felt having to mike me up after miking up Christy Hinze for the past few weeks on the Aussie supermodel show thats going to air soon::) ::) Poor bugger.
Thanks for your feedback all.
Cheers
Jas

NAGG
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Too right Mick, its funny when you try to help but still cop it for "selling" lures hey:-X ;D But you are 100% correct, people will go and buy them based on what they see. I am only using that stuff because it works for me. There are plenty of lures just like it that work equally as good, but I like to stick with what has done the business in the past.

Chris,
That little green bomber has been a great fish taker for the past few winters, it lands subtle and has a great action. It also has sticky weight on it as well as the split rings to get it to 1. slowly float, and 2. slowly sink. Both options are needed under certain conditions. Adding/removing split rings achieve desired flotation requirements
It has nothing to do with the colour of the lure, just as with all lures some are in perfect spec, some are not. That one does exactly whats required, and for this reason its a fav. I used that same green bomber in the fishing DVD segment I shot in early July with great results too.
Honestly? I gave him the bomber tricked up and explained the action.

Michael, I am going to have a quiet word with Caleb and makes sure he kicks your butt with his new karate skills, and every time someone tries to hug me, Caleb will be getting the call.;D
Yes, too right great camera angles and production, the guy filming is one of the best in the land, how do you think he felt having to mike me up after miking up Christy Hinze for the past few weeks on the Aussie supermodel show thats going to air soon::) ::) Poor bugger.
Thanks for your feedback all.
Cheers
Jas

Thanks Cuddles:oops: I mean Jas ;) ........ Gunna be hard to live that down ;D

Seriously ..... a lot of us toy with our lures to get them to do what we want them to do ............ I specially like to trick up Ultra buoyant lures! ..... & change them to suspenders / slow risers .............. its nice to see that sort of info shared! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Chris

Little grey men
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks Cuddleshttp://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Smilies/oops.gif I mean Jas ;) ........ Gunna be hard to live that down ;D

Leave the poor bloke alone Chris....I think that we as fisherfolk need to "EMBRACE" our softer side ;D . Doesn't take much to get us rolling hey ???

vet
04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Nice work Jason, good footage and nice to dispel some myths that barra are seasonal. I especially like the fact that it promotes monduran instead of awoonga, it will be good to see some pressure taken off awoonga and transferred to monduran. Also loved the fishing dvd segment as well, I hear that the toads work even better in monduran.
I don't think the hugging trend is going to be one of your best contributions to improving barra fishing but I might be proven wrong. I just can't see Trev running down to the back of the boat for a hug after every fish and if he does he may need to find another partner.
Seriously though, great action and footage, go Monduran. Anyway I have to run out and get a few green bombers now so see ya scott

BR65
04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
It was good Jas, the half hour did what a good fishing show should, fire us up to go fishing, nicely done, lookin forward to the next show nearly, but not quite, as much as Im lookin forward to fishing up there again myself

cheers
brian

Steve B
04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Has anyone got a copy of the Ifish segment on DVD they can send me!!! I missed it!!!!!

Sounds good.

Scotty, your shameless attempts to steer people out of your backyard and into ours is not working. Everyone knows Awoonga has more barra and bigger ones too!!!;);D

cheers Steve

nipsta
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Has anyone got a copy of the Ifish segment on DVD they can send me!!! I missed it!!!!!

Sounds good.

Scotty, your shameless attempts to steer people out of your backyard and into ours is not working. Everyone knows Awoonga has more barra and bigger ones too!!!;);D

cheers Steve

yes im in the same boat i missed it as well i seen a little bit on the ifish site but thats it i would really appreciate seeing if as well

GB61
04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Jas , I enjoyed the segment and I even slipped out to the shed later and opened up the lure box just to make sure all present and accounted for, sir . I was also wondering why you don`t use a co-pilot on the electric wouldn`t it let the angler work the fish easier whilst you ,as the guide, could still control the boat and give advice ? just my observation Gaz

Callop
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
It's coming off the foxtel box as I type. Should be able to create a dvd version tomorrow and have it in the mail on Wednesday. PM your addresses for a free copy.

Steve B
05-08-2008, 09:25 AM
thanks Callop your a champ!!! PM Sent!!
cheers steve

Whitto
05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Callop, How the **** are u going, will we be blessed with your presence this season at Monduran and further a field...will be good to catch up for a evening of drinking swill and BullSh***...until then Cheers Whitto;D

Callop
05-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Whitto,
I have been spending a fair bit of time chasing snapper and bream lately to keep my casting arm in good order. My IBD is getting progressively worse. It is now so bad that after watching Jas on Sunday it took 1/2 a bottle of swill to settle down and I can’t see me getting up to Mondy before the end of October. I have a 2 week holiday with the wife and another couple on the north island of kiwi land in September(hope to squeeze in some trout fishing) and my sons wedding on the 4th of October before I am allowed to go to Mondy. Hope to catch up then.

Peter4
08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Dave (Callop)

I wanted to thank you in public for the IFish Monduran episode. Arrived in the mail yesterday, was top quality and thoroughly enjoyed.

Never seen Jas Wilhelm look so uncomfortable as when PW gave him a hug - pure gold. Also saw some of the sidewards glances from Jas to PW that said "Is this bloke for real ?"

Anyway, the footage was top notch and you're a champ for copying and distributing this episode.

Thanks again,

Pete

Callop
08-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks Pete. But not too loud Copyright etc.

Tropicaltrout
08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi Whitto,
I have been spending a fair bit of time chasing snapper and bream lately to keep my casting arm in good order. My IBD is getting progressively worse. It is now so bad that after watching Jas on Sunday it took 1/2 a bottle of swill to settle down and I can’t see me getting up to Mondy before the end of October. I have a 2 week holiday with the wife and another couple on the north island of kiwi land in September(hope to squeeze in some trout fishing) and my sons wedding on the 4th of October before I am allowed to go to Mondy. Hope to catch up then.

Hey Dave

It will take you until then to replannish the turkey stocks ;D yeah mate will be good to see you up there again doing battle with the fishin and the kitchen ;D

Will be up in November, for a week I think Whitto will be there as well, but I got a few trip before that!!!!!

Ok hope to c ya up there

Nath

nipsta
08-08-2008, 08:50 PM
you right nath some good adventures com i say some new spot to try as well i think the more i seem to go the more im learning of all the interesting people i meet on the way you all inspire me to go and have another crack at those awsome fish look forward to a great barra season and hope you all have as good a time as i hope i will
cheers :D :D :D :D :D :D :P

Callop
09-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi Nath
Took care of the Turkey stocks yesterday. Bought a carton. November sounds great. Let me know the dates and I'll see what I can organise.
Dave