PDA

View Full Version : New boat finally blooded - Townsville

levinge
02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Well it took 3 trips to do it.

Maiden Voyage with the Missus - Little pickers and narda
Night Fish with some Mates - Little Pickers and again narda

Today, Left Ross River, made a bee-line for a secret spot given to me by close mate. On the way decided to deviate to 7 Bombers, got there nice and early and there were already 6 other boats on the patch, so I decided to find a spot and have a fish. 15 minutes into the session and the rock buckles under an almighty hit, 10 minutes into the fight and I am getting some line back, when bang, dropped the bastard. Wound in and sure enough the bastard busted the line and took one of my good 10/0 hooks. All went quiet for the next hour or so. Hile we were there a good mate calls on the VHF and he's heading to Keeper Reef. Sop, I decided to head over and see what was going on there.

Fished Keeper for about 2 hours, lots of "just under legal Red Throat" but nothing of note. Called me mate and told him I was heading off, he was going as well so we left pretty soon after him.

On the way back I said to the missus that the spot given to me wasn't too far away and might be worth a look. Well we located the general area and it took some time and speculatory drops on the anchor. Eventually we found what we were looking for and holly hell, I couldn't believe what was coming up on the sounder. Pretty quick smart our lines were in the water and it wasn't more than 5 minutes and the first of 4 Trevs came over the side. Everyone in the boat, missus, myself and the 2 boys pulled one in, although the missus took the day getting 2 on MY Rod, which now according to her, belong'em her..

So it took 3 goes but we got there!!!

The missus can't wait for the next trip

Dr_Dan
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Good to finally boat a few good fish.

Fishin_Dan
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Nice one mate! Those trevors are so much fun! Can also be very tasty when fresh too!!!

levinge
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM
THe biggest one seem to have some borer holes in him so unfortunately couldn't use him, however the rest made up a few good fillet packs for the missus. She ws starting to run short on fish. Would've liked a couple of reds or nannys but lifes like that!!!!

ronnien
03-08-2008, 07:56 AM
levinge,

everywhere was quiet even maggie shoals were quiet, (must be that Barron place that we live in). good to see yous got on to some hard pulling fish. how calm was it! i could have taken my boat out to the shoals! did every thing run sweet on the boat for yous?

ron.

Fishbait
03-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Nice going - any photos of your new boat to show off? Sounds like a great day out anyway.

Scott nthQld
03-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Bout time you got her smeared in blood, well done.

How good were the conditions yesterday? managed to do 85mile around the shoals and cape without a drama.

levinge
03-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Yep couldn't believe the good weather, not much swell at 7 Bombers, almost flat at Keeper and the Secret Spot had about .5M swell. It only got ugly abou 5nm out from Maggie Island. Missus will have to get fit, she has a stiff shoulder today, but a top effort from her yesterday.

Ronnien - was a good day, the boat performed perfectly, unlike the driver, the only negative is that I still require a little fine tuning on the art of trimming up the boat, but once I have that down pat, it should be no probs.

Only ordinary thing on the day was the fact we had to wait for some water back at the ramp in Ross River (45mins). But once I was happy with the depth (foot tested to find the end of the ramp), I drove her on the trailer no probs.

Trip distance approx 95 Nautical Miles - 175 Klm's