PDA

View Full Version : "The Scream Of The Reel" by Jack Pollard

slyman
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
G'day folks, is anyone familiar with this book?

My future brother in law picked up a first edtion copy of this from an RSPCA thrift shop, he paid $2 for it.

First edition was published in 1966 and was in hard back with a paper sleeve.

This one he picked up is in pretty good condition with the paper sleeve, I would have thought it would be a collectors item and worth a bit more than the $2 he paid for it. I think that the shop may have not known what they had and that he has scored a good bargain here.

What do you reckon?

Outsider1
02-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi Slyman,

yes it is a collectible but not worth a fortune I am afraid. Here is a site with a various copies of the book for sale;

http://www.booksandcollectibles.com.au/bsearch.php3?bsearch_submit=Search&auth=Jack+Pollard&title=the+Scream+of+the+Reel

An excellent book by the way. I have a soft covered copy somewhere in my collection.

Cheers

Dave

slyman
02-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Cheers Dave, had a look at that link and it shows a couple of 1966 editions for around $30-35, which isn't a fortune, but still it only cost him $2 so I guess you'd have to be happy with that ;D

stevea
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Some good stories, read it in the 80's,Think I can vaguely recall one about a guy catching a giant GT on a cockatoo for bait.!:D Greenies might not like the idea today

Reel Nauti
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I have one as well which Suzi picked up for me at a garage sale some years ago. She paid next to nothing for it. It's a good read for any fisho.

Cheers

Dave